So, who's in a position where they can live off their production?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Keys N Bass, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

lol..this man speaks the truth.

40k ain't shit even in Philly.
    test
  2. whitemikebeats

whitemikebeats New Member

i feel u but everybody allready made it that way. i mind as well capitalize off of it. like i said before i got beats i lease for 100. if they dont make my catalog then fuck it right? i aint gon shop dem anyway. mind as well make some cake leasing them out.
    test
  3. whitemikebeats

u can make 40 k work if u by yaself. my pops supported me my sister and mom off 50 g's a year.

i live right on the other side of the delaware river from philly.

it all depends on what u call comftorble. Having everything u need=yes 40 g's can do it
    test
  4. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

You're right, you can live off of the 40k a year in Philly, but for me, that wouldn't be comfortable living. Iono...i guess its just like what i quoted from you above...
    test
  5. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

You can live off 40k a year in certain places. It all depends on the price of living where you are at. 40k is minimum wage in NY and Cali, lol. In the south, you could be comfortable at 40k if you aint a bonehead ass nigga.
    test
  6. whitemikebeats

are u sayin that minimum wage is 19-20 dollars an hour? thats crazy...15,000 is minimum wage in jersey...
    test
  7. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

40k, ...depends on where you live and your debt situation.

No debt, in the midwest or south... yes you can live as a single man (or woman). but east coast, west coast and/or you have college, credit card, car debt.... nope. B/c i know in the coast of a 2-3 bedroom nice apartment in cincy is about the same as a so-so studio apartment in philly.
    test
  8. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

test
  9. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

yea u can live off it.......just sayin it aint comfortable

its gonna be times u a lil late on ya rent.....u might miss a car payment....if u got school loans u gotta weigh those in.....and we're producers supposedly....thats an expense

and if u got a main wifey....it might be a wrap for ya.....
    test
  10. kojo

kojo New Member

bah, tell me about it, and valentines is comin up too...i cant believe there was a time when i was actually tired of being single...
    test
  11. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

Shit, you made a hell of a point right there buddy.
    test
  12. Auditory

Auditory New Member

dawg...why dont u just charge $50-$100 a track? you would only have to sell 3-4 a week and you'd be at your target. to make $300 a week off $25 leases ur gonna have to lease 12 tracks a week...thats 2 beats a day. Unless u got an auto download system and a site thats getting 500+ hits a day thats just not gonna happen. My soundclick site realisticly on average makes between $1,500-$3,000 a month ($1,500 a bad month...$3,000 a good month). Thats with every beat lightly tagged. I haven't leased a single beat for under $70 through that site for the whole time its been up. I'd probably be making double that if all these knuckleheads would stop putting up free beats and leasing for fuckin bags of candy

Why so i can make chump change like everyone else? Thats not the market price in my eyes. In my eyes general internet leasing is $60-$150 a beat just like it's always been. I get AT VERY MINIMUM 3 leases a week at $80-$100 a track (usually 4-6 on average). So if i can stack $2-3,000 a month off mainly leases at $75 minimum then how the fuck is anyone gonna tell me selling beats for $25 a pop who isn't making hardly shit is better then charging more?

Raise ya fuckin prices
    test
  13. Auditory

Auditory New Member

and ill be damned if im wasting my money on a lady in the come up faze of my life. Make your girl pay the rent. my dick cost money
    test
  14. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Actually you have a good business model.

But raising the price is irrelevant.

You don't need 500 hits per day to sell
    2 beats a day.

Yea if you don't know anything about conversion
    rates, testing and tracking, then yea.

Unfortunately most producers don't know anything
    about SELLING online. IE Copywriting (NOT COPYRIGHTING).

An average conversion rate at most of my sites are
    3-4%.

Industry average is a conversion rate of 2% which is still good.

So if you are getting 500 hits per day you should be getting
    you should be getting 10 sales per day at minimum.

But you really shouldn't be focusing on the first time
    sale. You should be collecting email address from that
    traffic more than focusing on the first sale so you can
    follow up.

Studies show it takes up to 7 contacts before a prospect
    buys.

So if you are getting 500 hits per day you should have a goal
    of collecting 130 opt ins per day. not the 10 sales per day.

Then you sale to those leads over and over again.

If you're making 1,500 - 3,000 already dog realistically
    I could take you to 9-11k per month EASILY by just
    applying some basic marketing dog.

I know you doin ya thing and one of the few on here
    with there business game up.

Good luck,
    -postman
    test
  15. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

lol @ niggas sayin the market for music is $15-$35...

only people in here makin sense is urb and auditory.

unreal.
    test
  16. I-ki

I-ki New Member

Wow, Im trying to tell you something for your own good and you coming at my neck..... hey man, if thats what works for you then thats what works, that is if you really are making 2-3k a month off of leases and not just talking shit.... but dont be fukin tellin people to raise their prices like you a bitter old man because you are not understanding how to price your shit along the market price. If your sales aint being hurt then why do you sound mad?. You makin' dough right?.

who else in here is making money off of $50-$150 leasing?. If you look around, beatmakers who sell for $25 outnumber your @ss, you telling me thats not the market price?. Not in your eyes because you are not willing to accept that is the truth. You might think that your beat deserves more but that is a personal issue not business... there are other beats that sounds way better than yours yet they sell their prices for $25, how are you going to be competing with that?, you are basically giving them sales that could have been yours.
    test
  17. I-ki

I-ki New Member

You are dumb.... nobody is talking about the market price for music... we talking about a community that sells beats on the internet to rappers that most likely wont be going nowhere.... Think before you speak...
    test
  18. B. Ave Beats

B. Ave Beats Beyond Average

I'm not trying to make money off music. It's just something I love to do. If you dedicate all your time to music, you won't have a life and money. I'm sticking to my 9 - 5, wait I have to anyway because I'm in the Army and I'm making it my career, I plan to retire from the military.

Music is something I love to make but I'm not going to quit my day job for it.
    test
  19. Definit

Definit Based.

holy hell man, sign me up already...lol

i make only 2g's a month off my 9-5...fixing doors at the mill...im tired of it...if i make 3-4g's off Leasing beats...i'll quit...im ready...
    test
  20. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Get your College degree homie... I am not saying you will be rich but you definitely will make more than 2gs a month
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.