So, who's in a position where they can live off their production?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Keys N Bass, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

You better wake up and smell the coffee......
    test
  2. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Guest

i make about 20 to 100 a month lol
    and every now and then a few exclusives
    test
  3. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

25$ A Beat, Is Almost Standard Now ...

And Thats Not From A Producer Point Of View, This Is A Buyers Market.

There Are SO many buyers now, that you can't afford to keep your prices jacked up.

I rather sell 5 25$ Beats In A Week Then Struggle 2 100$ Beats Every Few Weeks.

As It Was Put To Me, "A Quick Nickel, Is Better Than A Slow Dime ..."

And I Dont Wanna Misinform anyone, these "sales" are to hobbyists and up and comers... not your "record label" blasting on your radio and mtv.

It will mostly be independent work....unprofessional 3/4 of the time.... and ull be lucky to see the finished product.

But its still a market in demand, so i dont dare pull myself from it or front on it...who turns down 25$ of work in your sleep

bah!
    test
  4. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

this smartdumb nigga, tryna hilary clinton my statement..
    test
  5. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

LMAO

this guy, i coulda sworn in one of ur posts u claimed to sell a beat for 50K

u should be posting from hawaii, sippin' on pinas my nigga..
    test
  6. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

i'm a single man

that aint no comfortable minimum.......

and u might be done for the night.
    test
  7. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

that's cuz u one of them niggas who puts the value of Fapes and variant Nikes ahead of amenities & food.. u prolly have a ride and flea market jewels, while ur crib & diet are in disarray..

for a real nigga 40 can allow him to live within his means, comfortably as a minimum..
    test
  8. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

In cali....40k is barely enough for you to be an apartment renting ass nigga, for anyone trying to get ahead in life..there is no comfort in being an apartment renting person, unless you have no true ambitions
    test
  9. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

or i could be a 25 year old man with a college education and a career

u go ahead and make the most likely selection
    test
  10. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

40k will definitely have a nigga in cali livin in a 400 square foot studio apartment....LOL

cali, NY, DC....40k aint comfortable.....LOL

i kno niggaz makin that and livin wit 3 roommates in DC
    test
  11. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Guest

good thing rent over here in europe is only 300 a month
    test
  12. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

yeah 40 is pretty mean, you're right lol.. when i think about it, those people on that kind of money are still living at home..

in conclusion, it's damn near impossible to live off your hobby..
    test
  13. I-ki

I-ki New Member

You can live OK making 40k... u aint ridin no sick whip or livin in a decent area but you can live by yourself....

the way I see it, if you want to live a DECENT(cool whips and nice house/condo) lifestyle by yourself you gotta make AT LEAST 100K a year or about 2k a week...
    test
  14. MgTheFuture

Im glad to see alot of you have a greater view of living

it be killing me to see people AIM at 50k or so, for the rest of their life

im tryna make that per track, 10 times a year or better before 25

lol
    test
  15. Auditory

Auditory New Member

i think leasing tracks for $25 a beat is on some petty shit. There is only 2 reasons why selling for under $50 a beat would make sense.

1.Your beats aren't good enough to consistently lease above that

2.your leasing at $25 a beat a couple beats a day

My lease price is between $70-$300 a beat, i lease between 3-6 tracks a week. I make more this way then if i were selling for $25 bucks a track...
    test
  16. MgTheFuture

Naw...

imma keep it 25$ and build up my clientel good enough to where i get atleast 250 - 500 a week again online only...and really mess with these local artists/shows and managers for all else.
    test
  17. I-ki

I-ki New Member

Lets face it, the average dude online would rather spend less than what he wants to spend. You have to price yourself along the general market price which is $15-$35. When you start going above that, the people who could be your customer will get beats from somewhere else becaues there are alot of good beats out there that you are competing with that charge less. You are not going to make real money selling your beats around that price of course, its a short term income. But the more customers you have the more repeats you have.

If you want to feel like you are getting paid like you deserve then price your beats high and target the people that have actual budgets. Thats why its not so common for dudes to sell 1k and up beats online because dudes dont have that kind of money. When your price is high, target people that have money.

You shouldnt charge beats higher than what other people charge for leasing because if you think about it, the people who use your beats would likely go nowhere, they just want to feel like they are doing something in the music industry so you might as well charge low and that will maximize the chances of repeats.
    test
  18. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

regardless... the fact of everything is the beat game is fucked up

soundclick is also dead , 95% of the beats are free downloads now,

now, the same artists that didn't want to spend the big money on the exclusives, is not even going to want to lease and spend money when they could get it for free , true?

ontop of that for you people not tagging your beats thoroughly these so called artists would be dumb to lease if all they are gonna do is make a song with it and put it on there myspace or some free small scale album in the streets if they can download the untagged version free ( after much thought and input of fellow producers im still sticking with the tagging, I believe the con's definitely outweighed the pros)

the prices have been dropped tremendously but what I push is that if you got a good quality product and its protected and for sale... that took a whole bunch of time to make it just how you want it.. the prices gotta def be worth it...

but at the same time i've always did $50 leases and im about to switch it up and go even more public with probally $25 leasing and alot of deals on the older beats in the catalog
    test
  19. whitemikebeats

whitemikebeats New Member

i really dont give a fuck what people say bout $25 beats. i know my shit is hot. my beats go from $25-$100 lease depending if they make my catalog or not. but regardless my money is my money.
    and like mg said, u build up ur clientele and soon u'll be makin a few g's a month just off leasing. its worth it to me.
    test
  20. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

i can do my older shit like that but im guessin yall dont cherish your hits like i do... aint no way in fuckin hell i wanna hear everyone rapping and using my shit that i spent so long on rapping on myspace and everywhere with it whether they make bread or not...

plus i believe the tags give the more serious artist more pride in knowing very few if any have ever rapped on the beat they purchase...

not knockin the leasing thats just a whole different market that often gets mixed by non producers that makes everyone believe beats are supposed to be $25-$50 dollars
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.