So, who's in a position where they can live off their production?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Keys N Bass, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

if so, what kind of numbers are u pulling in to make that happen?

when u think about how much work goes in to each beat i'd like to think that as far as minimum hourly rates go you are at least getting a return on your time in..

if you're a sinlge man, i'm thinking about $40,000 per yr is a comfortable minimum..

if u can't figure it out basically
    project ur best 3 month period for selling beats in the yr and multiply that figure by 4..
    test
  2. BlaZeDemBeaTz

BlaZeDemBeaTz 5 Letters - YMCMB

you sir, are an idiot.

quit tryna count other ppls pockets
    test
  3. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Im not in a position to live off of beats but I'm going to keep fucking with these Sounds...I believe in myself that the sky is the limit and there's nothing I can't accomplish....

I just started and I know the road is tough and takes hard work and dedication...Thats why I try to stay teaching myself about this music....

Living Off Beats would be kool but I think I would still keep my 9 to 5.......B.K.
    test
  4. MrKnitty

MrKnitty B. Dre

Now this is a person with a goal, thats wassup.

Im not in a position either but I did do a few co-production that paid off well but nothing to brag about but since then I have been trying to build me a team of writers and other producers.
    test
  5. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

u sound like a crab motherfucker

real men have no reasons to hide what they make.. i push 60K strictly off the 9-5 and make about a tenth of that in addition doing freelance work..

the point of the thread is to see at what point u stopped relying on 9-5 work to push 'your hobby' and whether people coming up see themselves being in a position to do so..

quit being so feminine about issues of money..
    test
  6. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

yea you're at that hobby stage, like most people

ideally everyone wants to be paid for something they enjoy doing.. unfortunately the real world isn't always that kind bruh..
    test
  7. arkitek1

arkitek1 JKEYS DA BEAST

I quite my job after i got a placement on one of the biggest album of the first quarter...i sell enuff beats for trip money and keep my managers grinding

but i dnt recomend it tho..i quite because im making some seriouse moves and arco arena was wasting my time..theyll be playin my music soon tho lol
    test
  8. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

that's no mean feat, props..
    test
  9. Keys N Bass

Keys N Bass CREATIVE GFX

niggas who sell beats are avoiding this thread like the plague

lol, it's not THAT serious..
    test
  10. C.G.

C.G. C.G. Productionz

i wish man. hopefully tho itll be like that one day. my dudes gotta cd hes droppin with world wide distribution, cant say who, shits on the hush. if that works out maybe ill be seein some real money. for now, i got about 500 in my bank and no job, im stressin like fuck
    test
  11. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

i think im negative 5 grand on this music shit, but i do it cause its what i love to do.
    test
  12. I-ki

I-ki New Member

I really dont make no money off of it, the reason is because I dont make any effort. Its more like a hobby now and I love make beats... Although I think im in the position where my beats is good enough to sell, its just Id rather spend my time doing what Im doing now instead of politicin with people workin to get my beats somewhere...
    test
  13. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

oooooooooooook
    test
  14. GTDProductions

GTDProductions Aye

its just another where we all kicc bacc, smoke and choke off weed and get perked off yak...its just anothhhher dayyy
    test
  15. whitemikebeats

whitemikebeats New Member

i make atleast 200 a week off leasing, not good enough to quit my day job. its pretty good for the fact i just started selling beats online in november. i never knew u could pay ur rent sellin beats for 25-50 online to cats. i used to just sell exclusives.

i'd say in about a 1 1/2 or 2 years i will be able to quit my job after my website gets rolling.
    test
  16. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

I'm In The Process Of Starting Over.

When I Was In ATL, I Didnt Have A Job, So I HAD TO MAKE IT WORK online, until things looked up in the city.

But now im back in NC, got caught up in people and life...kinda put the business apsect aside.

But here i go, ready to roll and re-establish my presence.

I think my biggest issue is what site and method imma use, but soundclick seems to have treated me the best...once i get a solid 10 tracks and some new graphics, imma employ the methods i did back in the A...

and i should be making atleast 500$ extra a month off of 25$ Leases and the occassional exclusive (online).

Locally, everything i do is Free...even my studio time....all adding to my arsenal of know-how

And that way so many people come, get a chance to hear my music...get a cd...then go back and spread the word about me...

And there's no price on that
    test
  17. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Hey can you email me your testimony? I
    know you were a customer of mine back when
    liveoffbeats.com first started.

Glad to see you are progressing. I did a massive update
    to the book adding more advanced strategies and what
    not.

Of course you will get the update for free.

Thanks,
    Postman
    test
  18. Auditory

Auditory New Member

i make enough to live comfortably and make moves off beats, the t.v. show and my other hustles
    test
  19. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

40k a year is not comfortable.....lol
    test
  20. Dieverse Media

Dieverse Media New Member

all u dudes selling shit for 20 bucks is fuckn up the game lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.