so, who has the xbox 360 on a standard tv?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Lou-Ville Sluggah, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lou-Ville Sluggah

Lou-Ville Sluggah Aka Louis Premier

just wondering, because i'm about to get a 360 but i don't have a hdtv...we've never had one in the house...in fact, i don't think one person in my whole family has a hdtv. so is it worth it? to tell the truth, i'm mostly only going to play madden 07 and ncaa 07 football...and maybe march madness 07 when it comes out...

peace
    test
  2. smkn123

smkn123 well alright

i heard its not worth it to get it unless u got HDTV which is stupid cuz alotta people dont got hdtv..im waitin for ps3 tho fuck x box
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Its the same shit, I have a hd capable big screen, the only difference is images wont be AS crisp, but overall if a game with HDTV looks 100 percent, then a game without it prolly looks 95.
    test
  4. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

that makes no sense....if you say the 360 isnt worth it without a HDTV what makes you think the PS# is going to be?!?

anyways, I dont have a HDTV but the graphics still look great....no matter which console you use it will still look good it just wont look as good as it possibly can....
    test
  5. Lou-Ville Sluggah

cool, thanks fellas
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Yeah, dont blow your money on a new tv unless you got the money to blow. Even so, big screens are getting cheap, id rather have a 52inch big screen than a 27 inch LCD or Plasma thats the same price. Im not caught up in the HD movement, its not that big a deal really, its just the next progression in technology to suck the money out consumers wallets.
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

it makes a difference...a big difference....

you wanna know the difference between hd and non hd?

its the same difference of you playing a game or using your computer on a shitty 600 x 480 low res....
    and then bumping it up to 1024x720

its actually more dramatic then that...but you get the point

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6139690/p-2.html

thats from edtv to hdtv.....480p -720p

your using SDTV...which is the old fashion type...so the difference is even larger.... 480i

another thing with hi-def widescreen...is that you see more of whats going on...you get a better viewing angle....

this is madden before the snap on an sdtv
    [​IMG]
    this is madden before the snap on an hdtv using the same camera angle in game...
    [​IMG]
    test
  8. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Yeah, it does make a difference but you can live with out it.

We just got a new HDTV and my boy brought his 360 round and shit was pretty damn incredible. But with that said, it's still dope with out it.

I'd wait personally till there's more HD services (cable, HDDVD). The only reason we got ours so early is because our other TV blew up.

And when you do get one, don't get a 'plasma joint' like most idiots do. Get a decent LCD.
    test
  9. Lou-Ville Sluggah

looks like bad photography in the first pic...

anyway....here is a comparison between madden 06 on the regular xbox and on the 360...these pictures are from a standard tv.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks tight to me....the color could be better....but i'm more interested in game play...the new moves, the new celebrations...all that stuff....
    test
  10. V E R B

V E R B Guest

HDTV is better.. is has more colors to it, and it looks alot sharper...

dont get me wrong, if you dont have HDTV.. it'll still look dope, just not as crispy as HDTV

i love my plasmaaa!!! hahah
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

those are 2 different games though....thats not a good comparison...

the reason why the first shot looked off is because the refresh rate of the sdtv was different then that of the HDTV set......which is another reason why HDTV is better.....but either way.....you cant compare madden on xbox and madden on 360.....they are different graphic engines completely

i also forgot to mention that looking at an hdtv picture shrunken down doesnt help you see the difference.....you notice the difference between sdtv and hdtv alot more on larger images.....so if your looking at a comparison shot between 2 images of sdtv and hdtv.....and they are both tiny pictures....your not seeing the true advantage of the hd......cause thats the difference...at larger sizes hdtv still looks good....with sdtv...the larger you go....the worse the picture
    test
  12. Lou-Ville Sluggah

but if you're switching from xbox to xbox360 like i am....it is good to compare...
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I dont think anyone is denying that HDTV is better, but the real question is...with so much money invested in a system, is it worth it to rush out and buy a tv that will set you back thousands? Remember, this tv is ONLY gonna really make your games look better, and in time DVDS.
    The question is, how much are better graphics worth to you? I personally can live without it, and I think the pic showcased in this thread was done intentionally to highlight HDTV looking its best, against 360s worst.
    Personally, I got a big screen, so im never gonna get a small screen again, just dont make sense to downgrade. So for me to buy a new HDTV it'd cost me at least 3 grand, and its only gonna make games look better? I can wait a few yrs, which is what I suggest everyone does, regular big screens dont cost shit these days, and HD technology will be significantly cheaper 3 years from now. Mine is HDTV ready, so I can buy a tuner and use it...but still...shit aint that important to me personally..
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I'd have thought a pro photographer would have been able to make that deduction himself. Obviously not.
    test
  15. Lou-Ville Sluggah

yeah, i got a like a 55 inch daewoo....it cost me about 150 at the pawn shop. there is no way i could get a hdtv that size for anywhere near that price. and the xbox is going to run me about 700 bucks because i want the router and xbox live and stuff. so i'm going to have to settle for the standard tv.
    test
  16. smkn123

smkn123 well alright

of course HD is better but fuck dat we dont got dat in da hood
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

wait a second...did you say you purchased a big screen tv? and its hdtv ready??

that MEANs its an HDTV.......

all you need is a set of component cables to play your 360 games in HD....lol
    test
  18. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i have a huge HDTV downstairs, i use my standard in my room cause its where i usually chill, i still notice a huge difference from xbox/ps2 eaasy, the graphics still are amazing, on the HDTV though you'll get more colors, smoother gameplay, i mean its worth it if you got an HDTV, but dont go buy one for it, you can still very much enjoy it on standard
    test
  19. Lou-Ville Sluggah

how is the gameplay smoother on hdtv? the only thing that should affect the gameplay is the xbox 360 itself...and as far as i know, the 360 i'm getting is the same kind you have right? lol
    test
  20. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

um... the graphics are smoother, your not serious are you?

do you know the point of HIGH DEFINITION tv??

i thought it was obvious just cause i said smoother gameplay i didnt mean the actual in-game play, my fault i guess not everyone can decipher such hard gamer codes.. lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.