So...the wrx across the street keeps starring at me.

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Dokta Zuess, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dokta Zuess

Dokta Zuess Guest

And....how convenient.

I just got a new job....again...and across the street is a Subaru dealer.

This 2003 black wrx keeps shouting my name...and i'm so damned tempted to go drive it.

But its not smart. I'm enjoying no car payments for the moment....

[​IMG]

i could only find a lousy silver pic...

*sigh*.....so damned sexy though. There's also a yellow one in the window...a 2002, and it's probably calling me too, but i cant hear it because it's inside......
    test
  2. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN ALCATRAZ INC.

get u a pinto supped up and call it a day
    test
  3. destorted

destorted Prescription Strength

if your getting a wrx get a 04 wrx sti
    test
  4. Oedipus Rexx

Oedipus Rexx New Member

^The WRX would be within my price range...

the STi wouldn't be.

Not only that but for 30 thousand, i wouldn't be in a subaru.
    test
  5. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

I'll bite...what car would you be in for 30 thousand?

ANd the WRX is 25g's anyway...

I rather get a RX8
    test
  6. E'on

E'on New Member

test
  7. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

test
  8. Oedipus Rexx

Oedipus Rexx New Member

RX8 will be outdated very soon as soon as the new RX7 comes out.

I don't wanna be in the 'mom' version....

With 30 G's i'd go with Luxury....something eye catching rather than simple but fast.
    test
  9. Tigre

OK... still wondering what car... that is 30g's exactly the price i paid for the STi that is so eye catching... plz give examples.

Shit the new Rx7 whenever it comes out probably the end of next yr... will be longer wider and faster than the rx8. They are going to be on 2 different categories not on the same. So the rx8 will not be outdated. Get it straight, two cars in two different classes. This will probably be going up against the new supra i.e. Lexus IS430.
    test
  10. Oedipus Rexx

Oedipus Rexx New Member

The Rx8 is meant to give the 350z competition....

different class???....Hardly.

It's expected to push 280hp....and i believe the supra should be pushing over 300.

Same class...but an upgrade.

what would I buy with 30 grand???....That's easy.

98 Porsche Boxster.....and I could probably get it cheaper than the new sti. It'd just look better and get more attention.

350z....MUCH better looking, performance isn't bad at all.

Mercedes C230 sport....luxury. Easy on the eyes.

99 Lexus SC300....

2000 Mercedes CLK.....

Mercedes SLK
    99 Vette....better looks and speed.

Don't get me wrong man...I love the STi....but for 30g's i wont buy a "Subaru"...

Ok, so it's fast....buy a wrx, throw on some mods and save the money....:)

You'll also be purchasing a new Head Unit i suppose, lol....

Once i hit the 30G mark....its not about speed...It's about luxury, and attention. Unless you really know cars, you look at an STi and see a 20g car.....as far as the body goes.
    test
  11. Oedipus Rexx

Oedipus Rexx New Member

also you're right...an rx8 would be cheaper, and better looking....

and when the miata roadster comes, it'll probably be around the same price too.

BMW Z3......too many options for that chunk of money.
    test
  12. Tigre

Cars that come out with head units ...... well true car enthusiats know about that. IT is not there cause easy... IT IS A PERFORMANCE CAR. If you want it get it as an option otherwise no need. Makes sense anyway, who usually keeps the stock system anyway. So i didnt even care about that

Bold statement with the 20k car look when you chose a C class mercedes. Everyone knows that is the cheap shit benz you buy cause you can't afford a real one. ITs cheap, its slow, hardly luxury, and really overpriced. But it does have the mercedes logo...whoopie....

Oh the new Rx7 is supposed to push over 300hp as well.. which from the RX8 is a big jump.... cause it only has about 240 now...and 210 in the automatic version.

350z is ass... step up the the G35 coupe.

2000CLK...lol... i will see you on the side of the road in no time flat.. or get ready for loaners. Car is as reliable as a NBA player is to his wife.

98 boxster... yet again.. nothing real special. Really doesnt get looks either. Too plain unless you have a Carrera and up..then you will get looks

I understand you pick alot of "status" cars, but for real don't see the reason in getting any of the cars you have said.

That was my problem.. i could of got a 50k car... a nice status car.... but there was no need. Actually i still like my choices i had yet they were higher class cars.

And hitting the 30k mark is not about luxury.... about 40 is. Cause every new car around 30g's right now arent the best in luxury. Besides the G35 which is still about 34g's.... but you talk luxury you start mentioning Lexus GS, LS, SC.. Benz AMG, E and S class, BMW M series, 5 and 7 series, and Audi S4.. 6... Saab 5series... see those are luxury...
    test
  13. ArithmaTeks

ArithmaTeks New Member

the 350z looks like someone made the shit out of a big ass piece of plastic, its cheasy. i would much rather go with the infiniti, tru they have similiarities but ive been in a new G35, coupe and sedan and its nicer.

and a 98 porshce? uglllllllllllllly

it all depends on what you were going for. obviously tigre wasnt goin for luxury or he would have gotten a car for that specific reason. hes got a performance car. and I like his choice.

if u had 30 gs you could do lots of things. it just depends on what you are looking for. like a SUV or a truck, or a car for luxury or just a straight performance car. so poop on a stick
    test
  14. Oedipus Rexx

Oedipus Rexx New Member

Compare the looks of a PORSCHE.....to a fuggin subaru...

Now tigre...tell me....Nobody is gonna look twice at a boxy scooby (but that isnt the reason for having one, i understand)

But girls, and everyone else see the name Porsche and cream...

Convertible 2-seater...sporty.....the things beautiful.

I mentioned those other cars for looks basically....all look better than an sti...especially with the pink lettering, and new bland interior.

STi is good for one thing....and yes, i admire that.

However....unless you're at the track....it is nowhere near an attractive car.

:) I can get past that....IF it's at a reasonable price......STi is not.
    test
  15. Oedipus Rexx

Oedipus Rexx New Member

I forgot to mention....

ford lightning.

Argue with that one...I know you will...you somehow managed to argue with every other one lol...mainly with opinions, but hey...

Or, just a Dodge Stealth R/t....or 3000GT with shit loads of mods....still save 10 grand.
    test
  16. trifle

trifle New Member

hmmm....yeah, you should replace the head unit no matter what car you get anyways....

fuck looks, if you need a car to get girls, that's bad (LMAooo shit right there sounded corny, but true), and even if it works them girls don't give a fuck about you anyways....

mitsu or dodge? skipping reliability....
    test
  17. Tigre

Shit of course i can argue with it. I wouldn't be the asshole of the board if i couldnt. And besides I'm one of the only people that see the pros and cons of a car.

Lightning great TRUCK. Never wanted a truck. Never really understood why you want to race a truck, but dont get me wrong they are fast as shit when modified.

3000GT....unless you mean a VR4 then they are shit as well.

I mean performance cars are my calling. You know i can bring up the cons of performance cars ....WATCH
    VR4 Cons:(if you are even talking about that version...hopefully you are)
    -HEAVY
    -Not nearly as quick as the other import super cars..i.e. supra, RX7
    -Mitsubishi/Dodge
    -When modified still can't compare to its class.

Pros:
    AWD...
    thats about it..

And the boxster...COME THE FUCK ON.... Maybe in Tennessee they are hot. But around my way they aren't shit. Girls sweat that car for one reason...IT IS A GIRL CAR. Boxster lacks more balls than any other car in its class. You are buying this shit for 6 reasons.... P O R S C H E. Besides that it is worthless. Argue all you want, that car is nothing. Doesn't get half the looks you keep talking about.... and only respect you get is from old men having a mid life crisis.

And still don't know why you mention used cars. Nothing more sweet than rocking a brand new 98 car with 30 day tags....lol...
    test
  18. Js Sinister

Js Sinister New Member

if your gonna get a subaru get a 2000 impreza and rally it out

dotka do you still have your cougar? ( i haven't been here in a while)
    test
  19. Oedipus Rexx

Oedipus Rexx New Member

The last thing i need is more attention from females honestly....(and me working for a Modeling Agency does enough).

But it's not just that....it's the fact that around here, and everywhere else I've traveled to......you rarely see porsches of any kind.

You see tons of vettes, subaru's, etc etc etc...just everyday cars. But rarely ever do you see a boxster.

I've seen one...and that was just the other day. I was behind the guy and noticed every head turning as he drove by them....

Fact: A porsche of any kind is gonna get more looks that any subaru.

You can't argue that. You can try....but you can't do it....leaving everything else out....you cant argue that the boxster is a MUCH better 'looking' car.

plus....in common convo...."what kind of car do you drive?....eh, a porsche."..........

now try this: "what kind of car do you drive?....- A subaru!"....lol

get my drift? One is a granny type...the other is more upbeat....without knowing engines.

Dont think I'm saying the porsche is a better car. I'm not.

I'm saying....if i spend 30grand on a vehicle...I want people to be able to tell.

Nobody expects 30g's when they see a scooby....but a porsche? They know.

but yeah, i still have the coug....:(....so ready to ditch it.
    test
  20. Tigre

I understand trying to tell ppl that dont know shit about cars. If you say porsche yeah oh really you what.... yeah i got that shit.

But like i said it depends on where you live. Around here plenty of porsche boxsters.....Mostly driven by old men and women who's husbands bought them the car.

A STi around here since my area is big on performance gets plenty of looks. By plenty of ppl. And alot of females i hang out with have a fair if not better knowledge about cars than most guys do. So i always ALWAYS get looks and respect from the STi. Shit even when you got a fucking red neck guy in a SS camaro rolls up and says damn thats the new STi. Yeah ... Well that is nice man....
    Now that shit is unexpected.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.