so the religion of an atheist is, to find loopholes in all other religions ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i'd say dark energy, seeing that we can't see it.

considering roughly 70% of the universe is made up of dark matter/energy.

so you pretty much met bigpayback lol.

meh, i think it all boils down to how you were raised.

a christian becomes an atheist the minute he figures out the contradictions.

a child with atheist parents will naturally grow up to not favour religion, no matter which one.

:numaan:
    test
  2. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

me being an atheist has nothing to do with contradictions in the bible. that might be a good reason not to read the bible literally but that's about it. the book could be internally consistent and still not be true.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah I wasn't taught either way. My mom was religious in the sense that shes catholic and went to church all the time as a kid and believes all the catholic stuff. But she never pushed it on us or told us about it. I don't even remember where I learned Christianity. It was the first religion I knew.

I believed it when I was young but wasn't religious, although I believed In prayer and stuff and would pray to Christian god and believed in Christian hell. We never had religion in the house at all. Only at my grandparents house on visits it was always grace before eating. I always noticed my dad not doing grace, hed never participate. So I didn't either. I just copied him at first, I remember him saying one time about all the evil religion had done on earth, I never asked why, i just knew he didn't want a part of it. Anyway I stayed spiritual my whole life

I also remember one time I asked my dad what he thought happens after you died and he said he thought hed come back as a grasshopper, and I laughed cuz it totally surprised me because for one id never heard my dad talk about his views, and two I assumed hed atleast have a Christian view of things. I still haven't asked him what he thinks but what I do know is he believes in a form of reincarnation. Which he didn't learn growing up with his family cuz it was church every sunday for him too. He traveled the world a ton. I do know his disdain toward religion comes from his travels and learning the histories and current events in the places he stayed....
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

How did you know? :watwudthatdo:
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

This pretty much sums it up.

The only time one of my closest friends mentioned religion (she's muslim btw) was in passing as an explanation as to why she felt the most calm being with a person of the same religion (nationality as well, but that's another discussion, lol).
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Proverbs 18:2

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Lp we have a poetic vision of god.

even though our interpretations may be incorrect, we have a poetic explanation. Even though its not the scientific explanation, it doesn't make it any less correct.

for example, a cat is called a cat. A cat is what it is. But you can also describe a cat as 'Mysterious' and you wouldn't be any less correct.
    test
  8. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  9. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Care to share your understanding of evolution? Or just your opinion on how it's wrong because GOD said so even though he didn't?
    test
  10. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

I'm not gonna waste my time making a case for God to an atheist such as yourself, just like you shouldn't waste your time trying to convince me
    that there is No God.

You seem like a very smart person. I would suggest that you look with a critical eye to this modern age of science and not always swallow what you see.

And please, don't assume to be the smartest or most well-read person on the board. Just because some of us disagree with you doesn't mean you should insult what you ASSUME is our intelligence.

I have a myriad of reasons, some personal, some historical, and some actually logically based, in believing the way I do, just as I'm sure you have great reasons for your beliefs.
    test
  11. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

Well i personally don't go around telling people to be Christians. But for what its worth, the church exhorts believers to go about spreading this message to non-believers. So don't be too mad at them, they are simply doing what they believe to be the Lord's work, just as a Muslim avoids pork, its just part and parcel of what they believe to be their walk with the Lord.
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

If ur truely interested in my view or understanding of topics weve covered over and over here just do a search of the forum. theres 20 page threads of our discussions on this.
    test
  13. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

were you raised in a christian/catholic household?

i wasn't speaking about everyone when i said that, but the majority.

test
  14. reggie jax

catholic, but i was never really a diehard believer. i did believe in god when i was younger because i was told by adults i trusted that he was real. i just sort of took it for granted. somewhere along the line i stopped doing that.
    test
  15. reggie jax

your language actually suggests otherwise. it's not like i'm offended, but if you're gonna make sweeping accusations then at least stand by them.
    test
  16. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i do stand by what i said.

in my initial post i stated i don't group individuals in the same boat of the group.

but this shit is all semantics, i forgot how much you love to debate.

test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im not mad at them. Although everyone knows its annoying. Its not like that parts a secret.

my whole point is that ive yet to run into an atheist offline whose religion was to find loopholes in all other religions
    test
  18. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

laughter is the only reaction that can explain the irony of your post
    test
  19. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

Finally someone on the internet who views the world objectively & hasn't been brain washed. "Allah, God" but you forgot Santa Claus he's as real as the other 2

I was beginning to believe I was surrounded by pod- people
    test
  20. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

you obviously paid the troll toll.

thank you, come again.

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.