So KOTDC is dead? What happened?

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Wird of Pley, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swagger Vance

Swagger Vance New Member

"I will start with you..."

You will start with me? What is this, Bloodsport or some shit? :funny:

Most people enjoy watching basketball games too but have never (and will never) play in the NBA. Do you know why? Because they're not good enough and should they ever be allowed to, it would be an embarrassment not only to themselves but to the NBA brand for ever letting such an abomination occur. Just because your jumpshot is water at the Jewish Community Center doesn't mean you can call yourself a ball player. Actually, I take this analogy back, as it is lending too much credit to your participants (it would assume they've actually done what they're trying to do before, which you clearly just stated they haven't).

"As it started to grow into something...". What exactly has it grown into? Has some great unknown artist (rapper, producer, or otherwise) that I've yet to hear of emerged from this mudpuddle of a talent pool? Has the following and participation of the Tinychat room doubled? Tripled? Quadruplified (a quantity and action so great and so immense, it has transcended the parameters of standard dictionaries and vocabularies everywhere. In all languages)?! Is the response to these videos and threads that you post so immaculate that, instead of archiving them by page, the good folks over at vBulletin have decided to keep track of them by anthology?

Is my comment about hurting the scene really that stupid? Your battles are affiliated with (and rooted in) a Tinychat room based on (wait for it)...Grindtime. Your product really isn't impressive. Don't take a defensive stance when you read that, just step back and acknowledge it as the opinion of one man (err, of several, according to this thread). It's not a shot at you personally, it's just a thought. With that thought in mind, do you really think a LuneeBen vs. Random 17 Year Old White Girl With The Flow, Cadence, And Rhythm Of A Random 17 Year Old White Girl...do you think that is a good look for Grindtime? Do you think that is a good look for battle rap in general? Actually, do you think that is a good look for anyone? As more and more GT guys shout out this website, and they will, more and more fans will come here, to RapMusic.com, to see what all the hype is about. KOTDC, at face value, is a terrible fucking look. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of reasons why this is counterproductive, not only to the scene but to people's general sense of self-importance. Look no further than this thread for a perfect example of that disillusion.

I'm not hating on you for doing something. I'm not hating on you at all, really. I'm simply telling you how it looks to someone who doesn't log on Tinychat every night but rather stumbles upon these atrocities and wonders, "Why?". Perhaps in the context that you created this "league" in (amongst a room of 90 some odd people who cared), it looks better. In that regard, handclaps and hi-hats to you Laxin, you really did good shit! But outside of that context, in just about every other context, it looks like shit. Straightalk Express status.

What's not live about it? The entire atmosphere. Have you ever been to a show? A battle event? A live performance? I'm sorry, but a bunch of randoms rapping real-time is hardly live. Part of the live show is the experience, the atmosphere, etc. The internet has limitations. Damn you, Tinychat!

Splash.
    test
  2. chrishansen

chrishansen Well-Known Member

You spend a lot of time counting heads for someone who also spends a lot of time trying to pry people off of penises.

What would you say in terms of percentages is the amount of time you divide between these two activities?
    test
  3. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I'm not even going to read this but cool story bro.
    test
  4. Stupefy

Stupefy God

test
  5. chrishansen

Stupefy you also spend most of your time battling in a textcee format:

1DollarShort vs YourFather - Text Battle - Rap Battles and Freestyle Battles at LetsBeef.com

So I am a keyboard warrior yet you spend your time to type bars to another person?

Your average text battle has like 500 words and you do like 20 of those a year so you waste like 10,000 words a year or some shit plus what you post on let's beef plus what you post on here plus what you type in text boxes on websites

cot damn ya man stupefy running through keyboards on a consistent basis better hit up office max soon playbwoy
    test
  6. Swagger Vance

Swagger Vance New Member

Let's be honestly honest Laxin...you read it. It's a slow burner, wait for it...:funny:
    test
  7. chrishansen

Is a 5 post per day ratio a lot bro?

damn bro you've done 13 battles on let's beef that's cool as fuck you have a 5 textcee battle per week ratio you have like a one textcee battler per penis pry ratio you are poppin in the streets bruv
    test
  8. Stupefy

Stupefy God

I do audio battles more than text battles. & I barely battle on websites. you failed.

Chrishansen, I'll hit you up sometime. So you can drop by if ya want. & Watch some of the better battlers. Myself included. You're trying to create a huge war based off of me dropping my 2cents. and my 2 cents are the truth.

If you read a book on politics, do you know everything there is to know about politics? Of course not. A person thats read 100 books and has had years of experience would know more.

Guess who read 1 book and guess who's the well educated one on this topic? I know both KOTDC and ICE pretty well. I was there since KOTDC's birth, since the first event, I was even gonna ghostwrite for Swaggz. I love the whole idea of KOTDC. There's no hate in my internet heart for KOTDC. I'm just saying that ICE is an alternative and ya'll started bashing ICE .... not knowing ICE's skill level is WAAAAY beyond KOTDC's.

Sorry if the truth hurts.
    test
  9. TrUbZzZ

TrUbZzZ I Know JewJitsu

KOTDC vs ICE

lets go
    test
  10. chrishansen

if by hitting me up you mean partaking in your penis pry parties i don't want the vip treatment but if it's about some internet battling let's get it pahpin
    test
  11. TheBrumak

TheBrumak whamp

Bro let me palm the roog real quick...

You dont know who was in the room when Mekanix was in there, support your rappers. You don't know what %50 of your 20 rappers he bodied.

I've been to ICE more than once to check it out. a few times it was just faggots arguing and the only time I seen people rapping Mekanix BODIED, fools caught feelings.

You would body NO ONE. You suck. top 5 is ICE = Top 40 in KOTDC

your room is wack, stolen from nemesis, and has no talent tbQh
    test
  12. Tecnik

Tecnik Member

A few months ago when Nem was really trying to gas up ICE and pretend like it was his shit I told him I would battle him for control of KOTDC & ICE. After the challenge was issued, he then informed me that he wasn't the "mastermind" behind ICE league and that someone else was. That being said, I asked this Stupefy person if he would allow that to happen and he refused. At the time I didn't give a fuck who it was, I woulda battled Nem, Stupefy, Uneeverse, and whoever the fuck else battles over there and woulda walked away with ICE league in my back e-pocket.

That being said, I no longer have the desire to bother battling any of those fools BUT I would def put money up on a bet to prove that our top5 would CRUSH their top5. I can't imagine one person over there being able to even take a single round. We would go 5-0 easily. Structure, Mekanix, Billy the Fridge, Murkfest, and Pamflit (who in my opinion are the top5... no offense to anyone else who has battled in KOTDC) would body the fuck out of ANY of the ICE league kids.

"It's nice you named your battle league ICE because it's as far from fire as possible."

church.
    test
  13. JerzisGod

JerzisGod Wavy Jones

nemesis was jsut in tinychat crying about how ice league fuckd him over or some nerd shit like that
    test
  14. TrUbZzZ

TrUbZzZ I Know JewJitsu

im saying

best 5 against their best 5

i've never been in either room but...that's the best way to settle this
    test
  15. Archer

Archer Hamityville

nah I ain't hibe

But he'd eat any kotdc battler, junkie or not

He's doing kotd soon
    test
  16. Tecnik

Tecnik Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, fair enough. As i said, i'm just trying to figure out who is who.
    test
  17. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

hibe is really doing kotd?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
    test
  18. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

let me hop in real quick... first off i didnt read the MASSIVE posts that are basically just posturing.

ill give you the breakdown.. KOTDC has some AWFUL emcees and some solid talent. when i judge KOTDC i grade on a curve for most of the battles because its basically just a goofy ass fun thing to do while sitting in front of the computer. im not taking most of it seriously.

there is noone in ICE ive heard of that i would ever consider bringing in for a legit grindtime battle. there are at least 4 people in the KOTDC circle i would bring in for a real event.

take that for what its worth.. and at the end of the day im not loyal to KOTDC in any way the same as im not exclusively loyal to GT or even the GTMW division.

laxin was beasting with what he had.. him being "replaceable" is going to be a lot tougher than you think. especially when you talk about someone giving up a LOT of their time and utilizing their talents for zero compensation and for some people to act ungrateful as fuck about it.
    test
  19. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

hibe is a fucking beast.. he doesnt fuck with that ICE shit does he?
    test
  20. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

Hibernation would take apart 99% of the planet in anything related to rapping.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.