So KOTDC is dead? What happened?

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Wird of Pley, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swagger Vance

Swagger Vance New Member

Advantage: wreckedangle.

I'm sorry, but one of the biggest complaints about Grindtime any time one of the countless "What can we do to improve?!" threads pops up is to stop oversaturing the scene with battles nobody cares about. And if the bottom feeder battles of GT that everyone complains so much about, if they had a basement, the cracked holes in the Drylock between the stacked stone foundation are where a large percentage of the KOTDC battles would live. So with that out in the open, and I say this with no direct offense to any of the people involved, but are you helping or hurting a scene that people already believe to be oversaturated?

One of the first times a KOTDC thread popped up, I posted that now-played Joker "Not sure if serious?!" meme pic because I honestly wasn't sure if it was meant to be a joke or not. It's just kind of a goofy, jangalang hang-a-long type deal in comparison to the actual thing. Most of the elements that make live battles great are missing, including most of the live part. It's like backyard wrestling, but dumber.

Just my two pennies though.
    test
  2. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

there is a LOT of ether in this thread...

the whole "laxin is replaceable" shit had me wilding a bit and clearly eluded to the reasoning behind the rift.

i will say im not super shocked, but life goes on. its already been said, its impossible for something with no overhead that can be done from your living room to fail.
    test
  3. Nuthyng

Nuthyng New Member

haha thanks for the shoutout homie i dont even know how i made it through your essay and saw my name but i did and i dont really go out of my way tbh, those threads kinda just appear before me and i happen to click and read/post whatever thats all and theres hundreds of other things wrong with the scene compared to me and a few other not supporting internet rap battles/events on tiny chat with white girls and retards your making shit out to be more than it actually cares as everybody is like KOTDC dying? when the fuck was that shit alive...SMFH
    test
  4. chrishansen

chrishansen Well-Known Member

white girls are about as hip-hop as you can get bro
    test
  5. Tecnik

Tecnik Member

test
  6. TheBrumak

TheBrumak whamp

LMFAO @ This shit. I've been in the ICE room. Its not organized and its weak as fuck. Its ran by pure divas...AND they all suck at rapping. I havent heard a good 2 bars in that room. Anything thing started by "lets beef" and Nemesis is a complete FAIL.

1 of the KOTDC battlers Mekanix went over to the ICE room, ETHERED the fuck outta everyone and some of them even caught feelings.

#IceIsMelting
    test
  7. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I will start with you. KOTDC was pretty much for fun. In the Grindtime Tinychat room we get a lot of traffic. Most of the people in that room enjoy watching battles but have never battled. Tec and Ginger saw a lot of random freestyle battles happen in the room and said why not film this and make it into something. This was pretty much for the people who came into the room. As it started to grow into something we started to do the intros and made something out of it.

Now your comment "are you helping or hurting a scene that people already believe to be oversaturated?" is really fucking stupid! We are not forcing people to watch the battles. We just post the links on RM and whoever wants to watch them can. Why not give fans another form of entertainment? What is KOTDC really hurting? You said "people believe" who are these people? Oh people who hate on anyone doing something? I'm really gonna listen to them.

Now this "Most of the elements that make live battles great are missing, including most of the live part. It's like backyard wrestling, but dumber." Whats not live about it? Is it live on the internet? Is it being recorded in real time? The videos show you how these people are living.

Keep your 2 cents BTW
    test
  8. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Thesaurus is mocking me cause I said battle rappers are replaceable :funny:. It kind of true tho do you think?
    test
  9. Stupefy

Stupefy God

You caught the worse half of the ICE battlers. The regulars that are in there 24/7 freestylin & shit suck. besides maybe 1-2 heads...I battled someone with freestyles, and I beat their written. But I've seen other heads do freestyle/written battles and tear shit up. A first impression isn't always the best impression.

Simply put.. Our best > KOTDC's best. & Ya'll could even put together a little event, dunno why theres so much hate. I dont even run ICE or anything, but from what I know KOTDC started out as being something "for fun"...even letting girls that couldn't rhyme hat with bat in the league...Then it turned into something serious and people started gettin butt hurt. ICE was never about havin fun though..strictly battlin. I'd love to get our 4 best heads going at it. You'd be disappointed in the outcome. :funny:

& It's funny because neither Nemesis nor Letsbeef started ICE. Although ICE does consist of mostly LetsBeef battlers.
    test
  10. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Have you ever been PAUSED? Dirtbag Dan already bodied ICE TBH.
    test
  11. chrishansen

rofl at internet webcam battle league beef wtf that is not hip-hop in the slightest sense of the word

and wtf at naming your league ICE that shit ain't original and the fact that it stands for in crowd elite is even gayer might as well name yourself GPS which stands for Gay Parade Superstars that shit is a better look IMO and more fitting of the league it represents

i peeped in there once and there was a wigger with a grill, du-rag and toronto raptors jersey with a dildo looking mic breaking down people's bars and shit wtf part of the game is that

tecnik might be gay and be addicted 2 boys and be mad all the time and graphically design like a 3 year old hungarian homo but he is better than anyone in ICE and he is still using his raps from 1988 on his tracks fam

KOTDC >
    test
  12. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

you're an idiot
    test
  13. chrishansen

EDIT:

Tecnik is a really great poster he did just admit to pinging in to another man's computer but in all honesty he is a really good webcam based battle league host of events and without his introduction to 20 pct of the KOTDC videos I really don't think the league would have grown to the level it is currently at.

Tecnik has also bodied many haters in his day and for that we should all salute Tecnik the gawd.
    test
  14. Stupefy

Stupefy God

lol @ you guys furiously jabbing your keyboard in attempt to defend a tinychat battling league. It's killing me. KOTDC is mad cool, but there's nothing wrong with competition. In real life, there's different battle leagues. Relax.

& Yes, ICE is better than KOTDC ...I've been around both leagues more than any of you..who just drop by once in ICE, and make an impression based on the 3-4 horrible kids cammed up freestyling.

I know for a fact that our best is better than your best. I'd personally WASH most of your battlers. & I'm not the best.

I don't represent either league. I fucks with both tbh.. & being that I'm a mod in the ICE room, I've seen some heads drop bars that would completely demolish KOTDC. Myself included. Again, big ups to the battlers that are actually good in KOTDC though. Murkfest, Structure, EF, D-lor, etc...

I only drop by these forums every now and then to speak the truth and pry you guys off of every penis you keep hopping on.
    test
  15. TheBrumak

TheBrumak whamp

awesome excuses for why Mekanix bodied your squad.

Was started by Nemesis and consist of low tier internet rappers. most from Lets Beef. there's not gonna be any 4v4 bullshit because your kids get no shine. its not worth it. thats on some GTEC vs Dont Flop Ireland.
    test
  16. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

not that it was out of line but like i said, your blatently disrespecting people that we do business with IN REAL LIFE off of the internet... now... nobody who doesnt come onto rm.com knows that kotdc and kotd are different, hell 50% of the ppl involved in the scene look at you guys as part of us due to the name, not that i had any problem with that at all but i started getting phone calls asking why were tripping out on the net, then when i go see it wasnt even a comment that we made from OUR name .. BUT.. people are automatically assuming its KOTD cuase the similarity in the names.. u SHOULD be able to see where were coming from, for the last 2 years weve tried to keep it very business like as far as commenting under our channel name... its THE ONLY time ive had a problem with the name similarity's... never before have i ever said anything about it

and i appreciate u taking down the comments. thanks homie
    test
  17. chrishansen

you just typed the gayest shit in history ICE just took a big L with that right there

Oh and KOTDC actually gets legit battlers to battle and not ricky steamboat from letsbeef internet superstar textcee so in actuality

KOTDC >
    test
  18. Stupefy

Stupefy God

ICE is a good 20 heads. Mekanix didn't body "my squad". Maybe 2-3 heads. Out of 20. 10 of which are HORRIBLE. and 10 of which are good/great.

lol "get no shine". I forgot, KOTDC is a platform for artists to be heard and build a fanbase. Stop trolling & think before you become overwhelmed with nerd rage & it clouds your ability to formulate arguments.

"I went to ICE once, they sucked!"
    "Mekanix already bodied ICE!" (ICE being 3-4 people, which aren't representative of ICE in its entirety, nor its best battlers)

stfu, gtfo. I'd body most KOTDC battlers. & I'm probably top 10 in ICE. Not even top 5.

chrishansen; "something something something I have a 5.20 post count ratio something something something"

Chrishansen, when does "Keyboard Warriors" premiere on SpikeTV?
    test
  19. chrishansen

EDIT2:

When Tecnik bans people in the GT Tinychat room he really does it so people don't tarnish his untarnishable image. You see, Tec is a legit businessman that has worked hard to build this webcam based internet battle league so he will not allow people to just poo poo on his name in an immature way. And for that reason alone, KOTDC is really a great medium for all internet webcam based battle league battlers really.
    test
  20. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I understand what your saying and I took it down right when you ask me too. I just don't understand why you made a comment on it in this thread when I took care of it yesterday? It's all good.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.