so im a personal trainer now

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LiveFromThe781, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

sweet. im gonna be working at Bally's and im not even certified yet. hopefully it works out alright, im kinda bummed that just doing B.S. money is $8 an hr when i already make 8.75 but when i do "first workouts" which is a free trial session i make $10 and when i do an actual one i get 12 but thats while im uncertified, once i get something it goes up to like 14, then 16 and with good certs the money starts to actually get good. i know another guy whos working there too, he was at the first gym i went to, then it got bought out and when i changed gyms he was there again, and then when it got closed for a day we both walked to a Bally's and signed up there, i guess he applied then i did like a week after but he does sales so hell be hookin me up with everyone he signs up and anyone i sign up outside of ballys im sending to him. so anyway, retail fuckin blows.
    test
  2. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

nice bro.....That would be an awesome job to have..
    test
  3. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

yeah, pay isn't going to be great, but thats a job you'll probably enjoy. Which makes up for it, IMO.
    test
  4. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Once you get certified, you should look into doing PT on your own. Save up money, get your own equipment and shit. Then you can have clients come to your place, or go to their place and that's where the real money is.
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

ill see where it goes. doing all that is pretty much taking it to career level and at this point in time im not sure if i want to make a career out of it, i just want something different and something ill like. i think the pay will be better than my current job because its not like i was moving up the chain there anyway and its pretty much just based on my certifications here to determine how far i will move up. im going to grab up a list, or at least ask about it today of the different accepted certifications because im not going to be shelling out another $400 to have it go down the drain like last time.

they told me if im "not doin anything" it means im not getting paid, does that literally mean im not getting any money cause that other guy i was talking about said its illegal to do that and we have to get an hourly rate no matter what. ill just ask them again when i go today.
    test
  6. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

So that means they pay you by hour only while ur training? na I dont think thats illegal
    test
  7. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

Congrats on the new job. =) Does that mean we get to direct all our Q & A at you for free?? lol
    test
  8. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

^People can Q&A all day but nothing beats getting shown.lol
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

isnt that already how it is? =P
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

nah i think it means if im like standing idle or something like "prospecting", calling people about why they arent coming in, or traiing then i wont be getting any money whatsoever. i dont know dude, at my job right now i dont do anything all day, just look at hot girls and fuck around with other employees and eat.
    test
  11. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

Live, I can let you use my ISSA Password to read there shit. And honestly dude, i would say get your own shit and train people at your crib. some powerblocks(I have the set that goes from 5lbs to 90 lbs) You can later get an attachment that takes them from 95 - 125, a good weight bench that you can do squats with and decline and incline bench as well. Possibly even with the preacher curl attachment and the leg press and leg curl extension, Get a jump rope, and you can always take people to a park or a track to run. Besides, running outside is far better than running inside. Keep them off of concrete mess around and catch stress fractures.
    Oh, get your own olympic weight set. they come with like 300lbs of weights to begin with. You can always scan the newspaper for equipment as well people are always selling or giving shit away.
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

itd be a big step to go from a kid who's never trained a person in his life and still lives at home to having my own spot to train people at. you can PM me that password and ill check it out but maybe itd be good for me to first even see how i like the thing before i jump headfirst into it.
    test
  13. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

sound like a fun job. i know tons of people that are trainers. they hire anyone now adays what kinda qualifications did your gym require?

i know some people that started with 0 training experience who werent versatile at all in their workout knowledge
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

i dont have any certification but my gym gives you 90 days to get it. i honestly only think they did it because of my size. im not 8 weeks out of the Olympia but people know i lift with my shirt on. i tried applying there before, same lack of certification, even had my interview with the same guy. but back then they didnt want me, they said oh well we have some people who come in that arent certified but theyve been doing sports their entire lives or something like that blah blah. cool, so ive been lifting 2 years, majority of that time was bullshitting around but now you suddenly think im qualified. its also funny to me because he said the reason theyre hiring is because their top trainer is leaving. some guy who has a PhysTher degree and gets supposed 1500 dollar checks and im taking his spot? haha

as far as workout knowledge, its probaly the one thing i have. i may not be able to put it down on a signed piece of paper but i know what i know and ts really not that hard to know what works. the problem is when people want to start turning everything into a science project/math conondrum. i think i offer a better broadness to that gym now in terms of training styles. like, obviously i know that most people arent bodybuilders and dont want to be huge. they want to go in and get "toned" or whatever (btw i fuckin hate the word "toned") thats probaly what most my clientele are. but i figure, you know let me see what i can show them maybe theyll change their mind after they see what changes their body starts to make. i think its just good to also have someone with a bodybuilding mentality there too, the guy who lives off eggs, milk, and take out. you will never see me use an orange cone.
    test
  15. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

No offense live, but I don't think you have nearly the amount of knowledge or experience yet needed to train people..
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

thats super, but its happening so =PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    test
  17. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Uh huh.

All I'm saying is you've been lifting for a year...
    test
  18. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

wow...ballys pays shit huh...
    test
  19. ~JanHuggieBear~

~JanHuggieBear~ Registered User

~ congrats ~ hope everything works out good for u =)
    test
  20. LiveFromThe781

two*

and as i explained the director must obviously think im qualified or else he wouldnt have hired me with zeeeeeero certification.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.