so i haven't hit up the comic book store in years... school me on the newest dope shit...

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Twamp, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

what's some good new stuff out? preferably Marvel.
    test
  2. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

c'mon virgins, help me out.
    test
  3. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Marvel:

The very recent:
    Avengers Vs. X-Men Omnibus is a good read. All New X-Men/Uncanny X-Men/Uncanny Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy. Deadpool. Age of Ultron. Indestructible Hulk, and Thor's been steady good for a while, even from back in Avengers Disassembled. Thanos Rising. Avengers Arena. Hawkeye. FF.

The last years:

Daredevil's been excellent, Bendis, then Brubaker and now Waid.
    X-Men from House of M - 198 - Endangered Species - Messiah complex - Second Coming - Schizm to AvsX and now.
    X-Men Age of X Hardcover
    If you haven't caught it since quite a few years back, then Avengers Disassembled, Civil War, Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, Siege, Fear Itself. But even better; Annihilation, Conquest, Thanos Imperative, Realm of Kings, War of Kings. And I'm really exited to see what's coming in Infinity, upcoming event.

DC:

Recent: New 52; Batman, Batman Incorporated, Justice League, Green Lantern, Action Comics. Pretty much everything with Green Lantern has been good since Rebirth; and also the events Blackest night, Brightest day and all leading up and after. Batwoman, start with "Elegy". Batman has had loads of great runs now with Grant Morrison, it's all gold. Swamp Thing.

From a while back:
    Kingdom Come, Justice
    Identity crisis. Infinite crisis, Final crisis, 52 Omnibus
    All star Superman, All Star Batman & Robin

Otherwise: Saga by Brian Vaughan, Manhattan Projects, Jupiters Legacy, East of West. Brian Woods Star Wars.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

good shit, man, appreciate it.
    test
  5. Alucard Inoue

Alucard Inoue New Member

Astonishing X-Men, written by Joss Whedon.
    They made the first arc into a motion comic. Same text as the comic.
    Vol.1
    test