So I had this arguement with a friend...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by BTruth, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTruth

BTruth Guest

Kids really into rock. But anyway, im at his house chillin after watchin a movie and playin some halo, and we get to talking about music. Which I ussually avoid talking about with my thick skulled rock fans, tryin to tell me rap isnt music wtf. Anyway, so he gets on his usual bullshit, how rock music is definitly, 100%, better then rap music in every way shape and form. I just let it go this time, ussually when I get into it I get heated, so I just let him talk.

He started talking about how rock shows are 100x more hype then rap shows. I was like whatever, I can't possibly see it could be that much more hype. So he says, alright, ill prove it to you, I got a video of the hypest show ever. So he pops in the VCR, because god knows this kid cant afford DVD. And turns out its the ramones, who are like the original punk band I guess or something.

But, he plays the concert video, and he was right. THE BAND played the hypest show I'd ever seen. Those guys were jumping fucking everywhere with their tight ass, holy jeans. But what I dont fucking understand is...is that no one in the crowd was even moving. They were all sitting down at chairs and shit...wtf? So this bands freaking out on stage, and in the crowd, not even so much as a head nod...

I guess this was what, the 70's, or 80's so maybe times have changed. But anyway, so after its done, he looks at me all fuckin exhasperated like I was supposed to be amazed or something....when I asked he couldnt tell me why that was so great, if the crowd wasnt feeling it.

So I ask, what fucking good is a show if the crowd doesnt even get up from their seats to vibe?
    test
  2. Micology

Micology Hello stapler?. Yes Hello

Lol..I don't think thats how its done anymore....Maybe becuase they WERE the first punk band..the croud didnt know how to react to it yet?? I dunno
    test
  3. BTruth

BTruth Guest

Yeah, I know.

Im just wondering if im missing out on what makes a good rock show
    test
  4. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Cant fuck with AC/DC
    test
  5. Sick-Scripts

Sick-Scripts Stylish Irish = McFly

i have kids at my school that act the same way

i usually either bitch slap them or tell them they were adopted and not hugged enough and thats why they listen to rock...either way it shuts them up
    test
  6. BTruth

BTruth Guest

Mesk, what does the girl in your avatar have on her tiggle biggies?

and its not a rap or rock thing, i respect rock although most of it isnt my thing. I just wanna know if my friend here is some lone dumbfuck who doesnt know what makes a good show, or during that time period WAS that a good show?
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

From what i seen....Rock fans start moshing and beating the shit out of each other......

Dosn't get much hype than that man......
    test
  8. BTruth

BTruth Guest

ahhhh middle school dances kids used to get in shit loads of trouble for that hahaha

and yeah i know that goes on now, but did it always
    test
  9. Twisted ICP Cock

Twisted ICP Cock New Member

test
  10. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

lol @ the ramones being the first punk band, punk started in england, the clash was around b4 the ramones...
    test
  11. deadweather

deadweather ******

the rap vs rock thing is equal to the yankees is better than red sox argument. They are useless arguments. You like what you like, and your gonna hate the other artform. Thats all.
    Both are good.
    test
  12. BTruth

BTruth Guest

*doesnt hate rock*

I respect it, I even listen to some..
    test
  13. Twisted ICP Cock

Twisted ICP Cock New Member

Im ridng spinners
    test
  14. LuMiNåRy -X-

LuMiNåRy -X- hi

a good punk show is more hype than a good hip hop show

i like both though. hip hop more actually. but the shows are way more hype.
    test
  15. Sick-Scripts

Sick-Scripts Stylish Irish = McFly

i dont consider a hype concert as an occasion for beating the shit out of ya fellow rock and roll friends

see, if mosh pit shit and beatin the shit outta people in the crowd happened at a hip hop concert the national guard would be called in, giraldo rivera would do a special live coverage of the mayhem, tanks would roll in, SWAT team comes from the rafters...

i guess we just dont kno when to stop
    test
  16. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

i actually like a lot of rock songs, shit is for different moods though......
    test
  17. deadweather

deadweather ******

get on aim phenom
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.