So, I finally finished GTA IV...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Shy, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadweather

deadweather ******

no gta game qualifies as great
    test
  2. Langford

Langford New Member

-I don't even remember any annoying puerto ricans.

-All 3 of the PS2 ones were great.
    This one wasn't as much, but it was still worth the purchase.

-I'm sure the next one will be much better than this one.

-Are you not playing it online, Pyro?
    test
  3. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

manny....

im puerto rican...and i hated his ass...
    test
  4. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

completed it twice myself .. no cheats or w/e .. and enjoyed it both times ..

online is good fun with friends ..
    test
  5. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

it's too bad the online is terrible or i would've have sold the game off.
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

its not even that the online is terrible....its that you CANT make a game like that good online.....i just dont ever see it working.....from the beginning i was telling people...its not going to be that fun......the only thing thats fun about the online is free roaming with a bunch of friends and trying to find glitches or fuck things up.....other then that theres no way gta can be fun online in any kind of competitive way..the world is too open for it...
    test
  7. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

if they created small maps, for a third person shooter type of game.. it could have been decent..
    test
  8. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

i don't need to beat a game to judge it. Sand Andreas i almost beat...but aside from the missions, the story went to shit.

i don't dislike gta...i'm just thoroughly disappointed in the games. i didn't buy the game, i gamefly.

i mentioned how i beat and enjoyed Saint's Row...so it's obviously my type of game. there's no negative bias. i was really looking forward to it because i heard it was completely different from the previous installments...which was a let down of course, cuz it's the same.

the storyline on this game just picked up, so i'll keep it until it stagnates again.

*SPOILER*

Manny? Elizabeta's loud annoying ass too...only dope part about her was how she shot manny and his little camera buddy in the head without even blinking.

I'll still rent the next one....hopefully they take out and fix all the unnecessary extra bullshit the game has you do to make it 'more realistic'. i don't need realism in a gta game.

I'm not playing it online, kind of wanted to finish the game before i did that, but...
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

then it wouldnt be gta....whats the point
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

i'm excited about what they're doing with godfather 2.
    i thought godfather 1 was actually decent. I don't usually play those types of games but i'm a sucker for a realistic model vintage america. (plus the game let me drive around my town in new jersey!!)

Taking over a warehouse in godfather 1 video game was fucking intense.
    test
  11. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

word.

i'm impatient for that game. although al pacino wasn't in it, it was still a pleasant surprise.
    test
  12. deadweather

deadweather ******

yeah that was the only shitty part, it was sort of an anonymous person you were playing. i dont get how they can get pacino's image in scarface, but not in the godfather.
    test
  13. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Thats just your opinion, the majority of all gamers consider gta's great.
    test
  14. deadweather

deadweather ******

i see, is that your gut feeling or can you cite a source? if i use this board's opinion to extrapolate a larger opinion, the game is unfavorably viewed. the game is popular, definitely, but its a shit game that has squeezed every dollar out of its formula. I'll wait for someone to reinvigorate the genre. all my friends who bought gta 4 played it for about 30 minutes and never touch it again, and they aren't rpg fantatics or anything. they love gta, they just thought it was unremarkable outside a graphical upgrade. besides, who gives a shit what the majority thinks? shit is trash.
    test
  15. Langford

Langford New Member

that's just this one, though.
    test
  16. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Here's some facts of GTA 4's popularity.

"Grand Theft Auto 4" launched on April 29 and sold nearly 2.9 million copies in the United States in its first five days, NPD said.

"Halo 3's previous record of selling $300 million in it's first week was destroyed by GTA 4. GTA 4 set a new record by hitting the $500 million dollar mark in it's first week. More than 6 million units were sold during it's first week, with about 3.6 million copies being sold on release date."

Hitwise Intelligence - Heather Hopkins - US: Grand Theft Auto 4 Set to Beat Halo 3

No surprises here. Grand Theft Auto IV has set a new record for first-day sales in the UK, shifting 609,000 units in a single day. This beats the previous record of 501,000, set by San Andreas in 2004. In terms of which version did the best business, ChartTrack report that the 360 one slightly outsold the PS3 version, 335,000 to 274,000. To put this in further perspective, the 360 version alone outsold Halo 3, which could "only" move 266,000 last year, so yes, this game is some steamy, hot hot hot hotcakes.

Need more? The world seems to <3 gta 4, it's just a handfull of people who seem to dislike it. Before you say so, yes I know this is based on sales alone but people do indeed love gta's otherwise they would not sell like this since this is not the first GTA to ever be made.
    test
  17. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Warehouses? .... warehouses?... Taking over the Barzini compound was ridiculous... can't wait for pt. 2, I've beaten 1 4 times, it's one of my favorite games, I admit it is better than any GTA.
    test
  18. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

The Getaway 3 is coming out as well. I liked The Getaway more than GTAs. I guess I'm in the minority on that one though. Much better story and set up than all gtas though.
    test
  19. deadweather

deadweather ******

yeah the fucking warehouses you know what i fucking mean, i havent played the shit in 2 years i'm not gonna remember the fucking terminology, taking over the houses were rough too.
    the only thing i didnt like was shaking up business owners cuz it got repetitive and i felt bad for the owners
    test
  20. deadweather

deadweather ******

awww the word <3 gta.

the enormous sales doesnt exactly indicate the enormous disapointment that followed
    its like everyone going to see a blockbuster movie and then realizing its horrible
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.