So I dropped the N-Bomb...

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Kollision, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraphicNature

GraphicNature Well-Known Member

Ahhh I see I see....yes...you prove a valid point
    test
  2. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

i dont wanna involve myself too much in this rehash of the same 'ol rm weekly racial debate, but i just want to point out, that in recent memory, i dont think anyone's been physically confronted over racism in a battle

just saying, lets not act like someone is gonna get checked for racism during or post battle

until then (lmao 'cuz dat wud be hella funny damn!), it's kinda bullshit
    test
  3. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

change the thread title to

"My battle was damn near embarassing...."

that performance wasn't a good look ... stop calling attention to it
    test
  4. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

honestly im white, i cant really say who can or cant say it and when. my opinion is wayyy too third party. i have black friends. see people equally, but i have to realize that there is people who act like idiots and are racist which is why people react.

i aint saying it in a rap battle thats for sure... there will never be a point to that imo

yeah, this.

the word "cracker" isnt really offensive to me. because its only a word.

now if someone genuinely hates me becaue of my skin color and uses that word to convey feeling towards me? then im offended.
    (not really, cause unless im in danger because of it i could care less if someone likes me cause im white. racist people are whack n i dont need that kind of attitude in my life lol.)

word are meaningless imo. its the intent behind them that make them potentially offensive ect.

wow stfu with all that.

because im white ive never been singled out? lmaooooo

there is other things than hair and skin color that seperates you from people. acting like white people are above adversity. like were born perfect so we cant really understand how a hard life can be

your annoying sometimes. i feel like your pissed that white people cant understand your circumstances but your being just as ignorant to our perspective.

also never made fun of a kid with red hair actually lmao.

and definitely dont know what a peckerwood is or whatever.. someone hook it up with definition?
    test
  5. California Kid

California Kid Well-Known Member

[youtube]q_PuDmohiA0[/youtube]
    test
  6. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

until then??? ... I've seen white people ... half white people ... asians and spanish people get fucked up over saying "nigga" ... but more to your point, I've seen a couple white people catch a bad one in the middle of a freestyle/performance ... not specifically in a battle, but I've never been present for a white person saying "nigga" in a battle

People have been saying to the right ones in a friendly enviorment ... Casper got checked, but yall won't see it on youtube

by the way, I'm NOT saying whether someone should say it or not ... I'm just saying
    test
  7. Mofuccas

Mofuccas New Member

damn

[​IMG]
    test
  8. newfdizzle

newfdizzle New Member

I'm not racist at all but theres definately a huge double standard.

First of all... everyone gets shitted on in battles with all kinds of racial slurs (including white people) but nobody makes a deal about anything unless use of the n-bomb is made by a white person. People of other races drop the n-bomb all the time but it only ever gets attention coming from a white guy.

In battle rap there are supposed to be no out of bounds... and there isn't until that exact situation happens. I don't understand the sensitivity. It's a true double standard.

If the word is so damn offensive stop using it alltogether. Just because you're black doesn't mean you should use the word either. If you are offended by what it represents then it should be offensive coming from black peoples mouths too.
    test
  9. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

just wanna add one more thing:

its 2011... some black people can most definitely be racist, lol.

suffice it to say, that some people (of all kinds), when they live sheltered lives, can lash out at other people with obvious differences to them that they dont understand.

i just dont care for racism no matter where its coming from or going
    test
  10. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

The thing is, Niggaz been keeping it cool trying to just have a good time, but then some lame ass white boy (Kollision) always has to try to press the issue...

You actually have dumb ass white people legitimately arguing the use of the term nigga/er as if it were an equal rights issue. SMH
    test
  11. lightskintwin

See what I mean. SMH
    test
  12. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

Can you actually imagine such a situation where this occurs and it's the word 'cracker' that's upsetting you and not a litany of other hostile words accompanying 'cracker'? I just can't picture it... someone hates me and is not afraid to show it and its the word 'cracker' that really get my goat in the end.

These words being discussed are backed by varying degrees of hostility, 'cracker' is pretty mild. Someone can still be offended if they're called a 'darkie' but that's got less hostility than 'n-(other letters)' because the history of the word is different and its accumulation of meanings has taken another (but not entirely dissimilar) path.

Words are almost pure meaning.
    test
  13. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

i'm not challenging what you say you've seen, but i've never personally seen it.

im actually totally indifferent to this whole thing. i'm just waiting for someone to actually make an example out of someone like i've heard is supposed to be happening for the past 3-4 years.
    test
  14. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

u know it does become your word when it is used to label you right. i'm sure jewish people still get offended by the word but how much so when its another jew using it. a jewish association to the word is naturally different.

a black person calling another black person with the er or a is the same thing.

what I never understood is why use nigga, why intrude upon us? if dumbfoudead really wanted to follow suit (as in ur example) he'd say tantrum thats my chink, kike or spic respectively.

u think black people gonna have reason to be involved in that?
    test
  15. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

lmao, i know, but you cant help those people. just be glad you dont know them personally.

i'm sure you know, its easier to make these points to people you know in person, and who matter.
    test
  16. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

"When black people get racist, they say "cracker". When white people get racist, you have to drink out of different water fountains"- D-Lor
    test
  17. Addicted2aa

Addicted2aa Member

That's just not true.
    In no way does ****** literally = slave. ****** didn't become a racial slur until slavery was almost over, if not later. It simply meant black. The fact that being black meant, able to be enslaved in southern states for half this country's existence doesn't mean black = slave.
    I understand the words a big deal and should probably be treated with respect, maybe more respect than other racial slurs (besides ones against Native Americans, who got an even rawer deal) but you're trying to make it bigger than it is.
    Advice for all races and all words
    Respect the word. Respect that it can have power. And if you can, refuse to let it have power of you.

Also I want to point out the hypocrisy of battle rap getting all upset over the use of the word ******, when ya'll (not you specifically, never watched you're battles so I can't say) use faggot all the time and that has the exact same effect on a different minority. Food for thought.
    test
  18. ilikedrugs

ilikedrugs TheCrackTheDopeTheIce

So for tradish since I'm a n00b

Okay, cool, you can keep the topic about the use of short-hand-internet-abbreviations or we can have grown up discussions about the original talk. Let me know when you are ready for big boy discussions.
    test
  19. lightskintwin

Real talk, these white people sound like they've been oppressed and disenfranchised by society in not being able to use the most offensive word in America without negative scrutiny, but because black people made it sound cool; it infringes upon their god given right to say it in order to maximize their swag.
    test
  20. Bipola

Bipola Member

I didn't watch this battle or read most of this thread so this has probably been said already, but you're fucking retarded if you think cracker is comparable to any serious racial slur.

White people (as a whole) were never oppressed/maligned at any point throughout history, nor have white people faced any real collective adversity so the term cracker has no weight as a racial slur and getting offended by it and thinking it justifies your use of an actual slur with real history behind it is just ridiculous.

I'm not even saying you're necessarily racist for using the word, just stupid and ignorant more likely. Doubt there was any malicious intent behind it, but it's still an extremely dumb thing to do. Maybe you just said it cos you thought it would get you some attention, pretty pathetic either way.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.