So I choked vs biscuit

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by D-Lor, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

fans care. they like seeing hard work/creativity be rewarded
    back when i was just a fan of this shit and not battling i always cared who got the win.

and if you get jerked, you end up getting more props than the guy you shoulda beat anyway so you still win in a way

people shouldn't be afraid to take risks just in case they lose

obviously a lot of people end up crowd catering but what i'm saying is that battlers should just stop giving a fuck about wins/losses, and say whatever they want to say, not what the crowd wants them to say.
    and if you do happen to get a win then it gives something for fans to be happy about. and if not then fuck it
    on to the next one.
    test
  2. TheCapitalRA

TheCapitalRA New Member

Judging only matters when the judges are competent and know how to vote. Unfortunately not many GT battles have judges that know what they're talking about.
    test
  3. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Battling shouldn't be dictated by the passing interests of fans it should be an outlet for artists to express themselves.

The fact is that these Ws and Ls matter, that's why at the top level of battling they rarely have judged battle because an L, even an undeserved one hurts your standing. It shouldn't but it does. So why should something so arbitrary matter.

Just make a poll for the fans then. That's what url does. URL understands and thats why they are the most RESPECTED battle rap league in the world.
    test
  4. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

"Battling shouldn't be dictated by the passing interests of fans it should be an outlet for artists to express themselves."

ever heard of making music? :)
    test
  5. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

D lor still at it im impressed

I loled @ the thought of u hoopin btw
    test
  6. Myster_Biscuit

Myster_Biscuit New Member

-COSIGN-
    Battle Rap is NOT an expression of self. If that were true it would mean all these battle rappers REALLY mean what they say about people. That's hardly the case bruh. Music is an expression of self, not battle rap. Battles are a showcase of skillz, observation, and retort. thats all.
    test
  7. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

:funny:oh, brother...

wait, so which is it? 'cause it cant be both.

on second thought, nevermind. i keep forgetting that you're delusional.
    test
  8. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

It's both because it has been turned into what I don't want it to be.
    If battling truly WAS an exhibition of skills like I think it SHOULD be, and it was recognized as such I'd have no problems with it. I'd probably enjoy it, and there would be no thread.

But what I see battling TURNING IN TO is the "3 rounds calling someone a faggot" because that's what it takes to "win" and "winning" has taken precedence over being original.

In order to understand my arguments you have to try to understand them. Right now you just seem incapable of high-level thought.
    test
  9. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

test
  10. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

thread 25 pages strong and counting. Imagine when the battle drops.
    test
  11. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

Man Dlor is killing this thread. People have tried to turn battle rap into something more about exposure and embarrassment then skill. A lot of people are not going to understand this because well they like the GARBAGE that it is turning into.
    test
  12. Loe Pesci

Loe Pesci New Member

Avocado is right.

If you want to express yourself and showcase your skills RAPPING you should try RAPPING and MAKING A SONG.

you are one of the few people who doenst actually rap who should, you obvioulsy rap well in your battles, you make a mockery of battling by openly saying you will NOT make music and only battle, then you turn around and shit on battle rap like you dont love this shit.

You whine about battling being about calling someone a faggot for 3 rounds.
    You knew what battling was when you started obsessing with it and doing it as a full time hobby.

[​IMG]
    test
  13. PORICH

PORICH New Member

i fucking hate that pic lol
    test
  14. Derelict

Derelict my balls

^why you're (d-lor) not well liked on here tbh. acting like battling's beneath you is nagl when you're still an active battler.
    test
  15. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Lol first I wouldn't say i'm not well liked on here, I will say i'm very polarizing.
    Man, if you did something for years and didn't like the way it was going would you just quit or would you feel like you at least owed the thing you used to love an argument. All I am doing is putting forth an argument, and I feel I have changed a lot of minds. So to just say "just quit" I think is short sighted. How about trying to make it better?
    test
  16. Parole Officer

Parole Officer New Member

Did you see that soccer style celebration he burst into when D Lor beat Diaz?

Or the documented troll wars he's had with Emcee Goddess on these very boards about the intricacies of battle rap? Or the dozens of posts he fired off in ***** succession when Sykull DARED to tarnish his good name by claiming that he wrote for him?

Or the way he's desperately trying to predict lines in those old scribble videos?

Or the moment in the battle vs. Mosh when he's getting served in front of all his buddies and you can literally pinpoint the moment when his heart breaks in two.

Or how he pops up in every thread that mentions his name to defend his battle rap legacy (which he doesn't care about by the way) to a bunch of trolls (whose opinion he could care less about by the way)

Or the fact that he's taken hours of his life over the last few days and responded personally to almost every post in this thread?

Or that he's dedicated the past 5+ years of his life to battle rapping while never really accomplishing anything or gaining respect, especially relative to his peers.

You guys are certifiably insane if you think that D Lor honestly believes that he's above battling rapping and this is not his life. This entire thread is proof.
    test
  17. Parole Officer

And this is where D Lor comes in and says "Parole Officer is on your ignore list" with a comical GIF.

/cycle complete
    test
  18. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

# sorryplayer. Been had you ignored, so i'm going to guess it was a dickriding post. maybe someone will read your posts, but it is not I
    test
  19. Parole Officer

test
  20. Derelict

Derelict my balls

better predictions than d-lor at scribble jam tbh
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.