So I bought a Nintendo Wii today...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Wrecktify, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Nintendo products were always fun to me. This site consists of mostly hardcore gamers. I am a casual gamer.
    test
  2. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

I still enjoy my wii to this day, and still play Wii-sports with friends. It's a party system, a friendly system.
    test
  3. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

If I played the Wii I probably would've gone full circle lol.

I was playing my PS2 over a year ago. Bought the 360, went back in the box. Bought the PS3, Got oblivion and MLB the show. After I finally got tired of oblivion I was playing the show. Now Im back to playing my PS2.
    test
  4. DRIX THE COOL

DRIX THE COOL New Member

Man, I love my wii. I have a xbox 360 and a wii. I love my console for different reasons, but by far the gameplay on the wii is more exciting.
    test
  5. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

^ novel*
    test
  6. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

Welcome to 2006. Anyway what's more baffling than how late you are is the fact that you say 360 is crap, but are happy with the PS3. Are you kidding me? We all knew you were a sony fanboy. What game? (yes, singular) could you possibly have on PS3 that makes it worth what you paid over the 360, which is crap in your obviously tasteless opinion?
    test
  7. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Oh shut the fuck up. Yes, I had 360 and I told everybody the it broke less than a year after I purchased it. I'm not the only one who has experienced this at this board. I tried to get a new one and xbox customer service is so poor, that they basically robbed me out of my money. I will NEVER buy an unstable product from a company with poor customer service. Most good games are multiplatform so it really doesn't matter anymore whether u have 360 or PS3. PS3 is better built hardware wise and I don't have to worry abt it breaking after dropping 4-500 bones on it. How am I "LATE"?...just because I decided to buy a system after a few yrs past it's release date?? So I won't make the same mistake I did with the dreamcast?? as soon as I bought it...they stopped making it. It's called being a smart consumer jackass. For the record...how am I a fanboy when I've owned every nextgen game system?? Answer that? I'm not sitting up here attacking people based on what console they chose to buy. 360 just isn't built to be durable..and I am sure that everyone who owns/owned a 360 can attest to that.

Buzz off.
    test
  8. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

lmao @ Dreamcast.

Same thing happened to me.
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

ill say this much...

i enjoyed my dreamcast more then the ps2...

and i enjoy my xbox 360 more then the ps3
    test
  10. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

360 was good....when it was working. It just stopped working one day.
    test
  11. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I'm the same way....

well, I enjoyed the PS2 more than the Xbox, and the 360 more than my PS3.
    test
  12. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

I have a wii and I like it. Who are any of you to judge me?
    test
  13. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

I was happy with my dreamcast purchase, and I still play it from time to time. As far as Xbox 360s breaking, I've never had that happen to me personally. I bought mine around the time of the launch, and have since sold it when I bought a Halo 3 edition 360. I have never had a problem with either console. I have no idea what happened with your customer service. it would be a pain to send the system away to be fixed in the first place, but I do know people who have sent in 360s. They encountered no problems whatsoever, so it sucks that you had problems on top of having to deal with that whole process. Still, I think its weak to use the hardware argument. I buy a system to play the games, not to stare at, or think wow the specs are so sweet... that sure makes up for it collecting dust.

Secondly, you are late. Just admit it and move on. Some of us were talking about the Wii on this board years ago. Yeah, people on here hate on it and I'm aware of that, but the bottom line is it's entertaining. Which brings me back to the PS3, what game could you possibly be playing on it? Don't give me the hardware/blu-ray argument. State what games are actually enjoyable for the PS3 alone. I would be surprised if your list goes past 5.
    test
  14. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

The hardware argument is totally valid. Noone wants to buy a system that they'll have to replace 6 mths down the line. In terms of games for the PS3, I 've played the same games that you've been playing....since all of the GOOD games are multiplatform anyway. Yes, I own a PS3 and I don't regret it one bit. I've had it for several months now and it is still working. I don't have to worry abt RROD or the thing breaking for no apparent reason. If you dislike the PS3...that's fine.....I am happy with it. I paid for it, you didn't. I don't want xbox live or this extreme online play because I don't have time for that nor did I enjoy it when I had it. The people on there are gay and spend their lives playing videogames. I play videogames maybe once or twice a week.

Tell the truth bro, you sold your old Xbox to get the new Halo edition one because you knew..just like everybody else...it was a matter of time before either your disk drive went out...or you got the RROD. Not to mention, there are Xbox games out there known to crash to system indefinitely. Why would I waste my time and money on something like that again? I try my best to support american made products....but it has to be said...they are poorly assembled. It goes from the cars..to the videogame systems.
    test
  15. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Seriously just keep your receipt, in a week you'll be sick of Wii and you'll return it and make a logical decision and buy some ps3 games.
    test
  16. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

Wreck, for once I didn't find anything upsetting in your post. Well, you kind of reiterated what I thought when I last posted. Anyway, I want to tell you that I agree about online gaming. There are a ton of retards on xbox live that make gaming practically unbearable at times. I play games more often than you, but I am not in the same hardcore realm as a lot of the online gamers are either. Especially in terms of one game or one genre. I don't like to limit myself and I'm not gonna practice a game every day for online play. I also liked gaming when friends actually came over and played in the same room. I can't tell you how boring it is watching people play call of duty 4.. I think it's a waste of my time.

In this thread, pertaining to the Wii topic, it seems we share a common interest. To all the Wii bashers, I've had mine since shortly after it released and I haven't, nor will I, return it. It's a blast. It's a system you can play with your friends. I've said in the past that I do generally buy games for the 360 over the Wii when they are multiplatform, but the games I do enjoy on the Wii are incredibly fun (especially with real life friends, not the fake internet ones).

Lastly, I bought the Halo edition for two reasons: I have a Halo Xbox, and secondly my first 360 got pretty overheated. So yeah that's kind of right, it certainly could have problems at some point. It entered my mind as well, due to all the stories I had heard. It still is going strong though, as far as I know. I know I'll hear about it if something does happen to it. Oh yeah and I hear you on the American made stuff. I try to, but what can you do. Btw I used to call Bill Gates the dark lord and wasn't going to get an Xbox. I was a Sony supporter, but they screwed me pretty bad. So just know their customer support sucks as well.
    test
  17. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

yes, the fake internet friends lmao
    they disappear when you log off

has anyone heard of playing via xbox live with.......friends?
    test
  18. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i take it back, i seen commercials now with niggas doin pushups and all other shit, the fuck lmao

ps: still kinda ridiculous, hit the gym
    or get real equipment
    test
  19. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Yea...
    test
  20. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

I'd rather play with my friends either at my house...or go over their house. Xbox live corrupts kids by taking away something valuable in life....true interpersonal communication. What happened to the days where u could plug in a couple controllers and take turns playing ur friends in Tecmo bowl tournaments...or playing some NBA live 95?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.