So how's the UFC game?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by OurSin, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I know some of yall got it, was it worth it?

i think i'm going to hold off till the price drops and EA's MMA game comes out
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I think it's a step up from the last one
    test
  3. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

So far, liking it a lot. Didn't play the demo, so I'm just getting used to the new controls (almost completely different from 09). But, I'm def liking it.
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

It's hard as hell. I'm tryna figure out career mode. I'm struggling to put points together. Probably cuz I'm going into fights exhausted and keep goin' for takedowns with a horrible takedown rating. Shit's tougghhhhh....

DOPE THO'!
    test
  5. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

the career is tough i love it.. you REALLY needa be well rounded in training, i went 4-5 weeks without training cardio and it dropped like 8-10pts.. you gotta be on your game, its impossible to not have a pt drop in an area you just need to catch it early on and keep the training mixed up

only complaint from me... i spent 45min and only fought 1 player match and 1 ranked.. i tried searchin for quick match, kept goin to connect then saying game session no longer available.. over an over an over an over.. finally found 1, then took another 20min to get a player match i couldnt connect to any of the ones i found i had to make my own session for someone to join

hopefully its cause a lot of people are on? no idea.. but that and how many times it loads on startup.. connects after u hit start, then u get to the main menu and it has to connect again (no idea what changes from the opening start screen to main menu that causes another load/connect?), then u choose what u wanna play.. connect again.. etc

actual gameplay tho im loving it.. the diversity in strikes based on the fighters really makes the game for me, the new sways are official if you catch a sway knockout its easily one of the best parts of the game. career mode is fun, my friends guy just got into the ufc and i whooped on bonnar in the first match, was a brawl tho

edit: and i like the online look better then last year, the display is sick.. and if you fight a buncha player matchs you can see the results of each match at the end and the overall result
    test
  6. $1OOOOOO

$1OOOOOO Disintegrating in the fog

sounds good.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Yeah the online and careers modes really killed the replay value in last years game for me. I see the online is the same I really hated waiting an hour to play only to get some lag fest.

I'm thinking about getting gamefly so I may rent this don't know
    test
  8. DahStoryTella

Yeah, career mode is def a lot more difficult. Once you start moving on to top tier fighters, your chances of losing increase very fast. Didn't know that you could get KO'd even if your guard was up.
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

The shit is CRAZY HARD. I love it tho'. It's so fuckin' extensive (the stand up and the ground game). The average MMA fan isn't gonna be able to play this game. I think A lotta people are gonna give up on this game FAST. But for a true MMA follower, it's CRAZY.

I'm in my career mode and I already have like 9 different submissions. lol...

I FUCKIN' OMOPLATA'ED SOMEONE. hahaha... But it's still hard as fuck to get a submission. It's all good tho'. It takes forever to get into the UFC too...

And before anybody starts talkin' shit... I'm playin' on expert. SHIT'S HARD AS FUCK. I've been getting subbed a lot...
    test
  10. jayoo

na i feel you expert is no joke, especially in career mode, im lovin the game though

i agree, i think a lot are gonna put it down cause they cant pick it up real easy
    test
  11. DahStoryTella

Yeah, some people like some shit they can master within minutes.

Takes away from the challenge imo.

It's def good to learn a few moves in Career too, especially a level 3 takedown.
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I only put that to level 2. I have like 4 submissions at level two. I'm tryna figure out what's so much better if it's level two? ::shrugs:: I don't see a difference.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'm garbage online.... The fuckin' lag is TERRIBLE. It makes it impossible to time anything. I hate the online play! FUCK! Do ya'll get major lag too? It's like everything is a few seconds behind.
    test
  14. DahStoryTella

Makes it more powerful, I'm assuming.
    test
  15. jayoo

playing career confused me today.. was playing my boys fighter, we moved to HW from LHW.. anyways we fought a few under-card fights then got a chance to fight carwin who was the #2 (co-main event), we knocked him out in the first (surprisingly, been havin hard fights) and then the next fight was nog who was #6 and it was undercard again lol.. made no sense to me, just beat the #2 and went back to the prelims.. next 2 fights were prelims too. fought dos santos and eddie sanchez under-card..

other then that though im lovin it, i dont have a box right now so i only played a few times at my boys.. just realized your attributes/skills lock at 30/50/70, makes it better, i thought they went down all the time.. he didnt get it at first, he had fuckin striking off/def and kick off/def and everything else was 0 smh.. cause he wouldnt put it to 30 to start and everything kept fallin back down.. we were fighting rashad for LHW belt at the time and gettin DOMINATED.. finally we realized it and got him on point, start puttin work in, it made fights seem easy after trying to fight with 0 skills haha
    test
  16. jayoo

if anyone finds a site with CAF builds holla at me in pm or make a thread we tryin get a fedor goin, but we garbage at tryin do it from scratch

edit: online is lame right now.. ionno if its cause a lot of heads on since its still new?? but the lag is shit.. i had 2 fights with no lag out of 5 i played on my boys ufc game.. havent played more then that so cant really say much. all i know is im rollin with todd duffee at heavyweight, fucked people up
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wow, just read you can't do tournaments online?

What the FUCK?? lmao

wtf is the point of it then? wow
    test
  18. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

shits horrible, way too many defects and still too many flash KOs, graphics are mediocre just like every other thq game, especially the way the shirts look on the fighters.

in career mode my dude was dominating the HW division, so they asked if i wanna move down to LHW. said itd be a permanent move so id have to vacate my belt, after my first win at LHW, my next fight is a number one contender shot, then a title fight against brock, then another number one contender fight - even after beating brock, then another number one contender fight, then another title shot again, and literally repeats like that til you retire and brock has a 10-23 record. and even in the weigh ins and tale of the tape im still billed at 205 and am only in LHW rankings

game is horrible, thq is garbage

striking is better, clinch on the cage is a lil unnatural and too simple

they got name templates now for create a fighter so commentators n shit can actually say ur name and nickname instead of only calling u by the nick name. they got "fyodor" "the last emperor" "emilianenko", "randy" "the natural" "kouture", and "alistar" "the demolition man" so u can create bootlegs lol

lol they were a lil stingy on the fighter rankings too, the best heavyweight inthe game is like 77 overall

the cheat codes to unlock shit are corny. they code cheats to unlock shaq, the tapout crew (like in 09), and bj penn in black trunks (only realistic noncorny cheat)
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I went through a career mode and never had those issues with the ranking systems and whatnot. And yeah... the flash KO's are realistic. IF YOU GET HIT WITH A GOOD HOOK RIGHT ON THE JAW LINE, IT'S MOST LIKELY YOU'RE GONNA GO DOWN. You have to defend it.

And it's funny how you say you hate it SOOOOOOOO much yet you went through an entire career mode already. Career mode takes a long time to get through. I'm not completely finished but I'm towards the end. But you sound real ignorant for saying it's so horrible but putting all those hours into a career mode that you claim you can't stand.

The striking is MUCH improved, as is the grappling. My major gripe about the game is the lag on the internet. I haven't won once yet on the internet because I like countering and you can't time anything because it happens seconds after you click the control and you can't time anything. Shit's wack.... But the actual game itself is an extremely strong effort.
    test
  20. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

i never once said i went thru the whole career mode dumbass, why the hell would i waste my time fighting the same two dudes over and over? youre fucking dumber than i thought u were

and theres a difference between realistic flash KOs, and too many flash KOs, especially when the punch barely grazes you and still some how knocks you out, just like in the 09 game
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.