So Frank Edgar vs Jose Aldo is Happening Now

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Jon Jones may have screwed MMA fans over in September,
    but all UFC news since then has been spectacular for the fans.
    (Okay Koch fans won't like this...)
    Erick Koch is out of his UFC 153 Title bout due to injury,
    and recently turned Featherweight Fighter-
    Frank Edgar has agreed to take his place.

[​IMG]
    Who do you got in this epic show-down?
    Jose's explosive Maui Thai,
    or Frank's technical boxing?
    test
  2. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

2 losses them title shot.... looks like Dana found his new Randy
    test
  3. LungZzZ

^Frank is the best option they have at featherweight, especially fan wise
    test
  4. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

Dana probably felt Frank won that fight regardless of decsion.. Hopefully Edgar comes hungry and prepared id like to see him win and stop Aldos streak or atleast test his limits
    test
  5. LungZzZ

With you here.

But in the end of the day it is Aldo in Brazil.
    test
  6. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I mean, this is one of the only times where I think that that guy coming off a loss legitimately deserves this shot, just like I don't exactly think BJ Penn losing to Lyoto Machida back in the day should have affected his standing in lightweight or welterweight.

Frankie Edgar has been smaller than all of his opponents, and despite the fact that his wins aren't always the cleanest or most decisive (I still think BJ got robbed the first fight), he is beating TOP LEVEL guys who are bigger than him who have no trouble beating guys bigger and harder hitting than Frankie.

Realistically Featherweight doesn't quite have enough options for Aldo to fight to make this idea completely ridiculous either. How many people in Featherweight are CLEARLY more qualified to beat Aldo than Frankie? I mean, and Frankie and Aldo are close to the same size, and they are both at some point UFC champions.

Idk, again, if it were like he had lost decisively or he had lost to a chump or he hadn't been fighting people larger than him his whole career, I could see people being upset.

If he does worse in Featherweight I would be incredibly happy tbh just for personal reasons, because I've been saying for YEARS despite conventional wisdom that the bigger guy is NOT necessarily at an advantage. I always hear "oh so and so looks so much bigger, he should be able to win easily", and it's crap most of the time. I suspect Frankie has been avoiding moving to Featherweight and being in the two-weight class championship club because he knows his speed advantage will be minimized. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm a fan of Frankie so if he won I'd still be happy.
    test
  7. LungZzZ

Finally back on the agreeing on every word tip;
    Frank and Jose is a SUPER fight to me...qplosin
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.