So... Bigfoot Silva is the new lineal champ

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

its dumb as hell, but this is how it works:

UFC 156 results: With Overeem KO, Antonio Silva becomes the lineal champion - Bloody Elbow

test
  2. Makabreli

Makabreli done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

love the reem, but it really does feel like the bully getting his in this case
    test
  3. Makabreli

Makabreli done

also

pride
    Strikeforce
    wamma
    dream
    elite xc
    test
  4. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

test
  5. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

overreem sucks, anyone who ahsnt seen the gaping holes in his game in the previous bouts must have been blind.
    test
  6. LungZzZ

His striking game lead to the defeat in my eyes...

Either way I am with you on the Overeem wasn't going to attain a belt aspect.
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

big foots reaction in the staredown is classic. to me it says "if i ever catch you slipping, ill beat you retarded"

i never noticed how small alistairs head is
    test
  8. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

i think the lineal champ breakdown is cool, its interesting to see the route the ufc championship would take if it literally went with the winner everywhere he went
    test
  9. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Fedor was no longer lineal champ long before losing to Werdum. He lost it when he started fighting silly fights like Hong Man Choi and Brett Rogers. He beat Tim Sylvia coming off a loss and became the 5th person to successfully knock Arlovski out who was essentially picking him apart. Those wins considering his apparent status were silly. If you had actually made the Stephan Bonnar fight with Anderson Silva a title fight, you would bring the integrity of the title into question. Of course that's not going to happen. Mark Hunt was coming off a loss. Kohsaka had a fucking awful record. The "man" that one would have to beat can't be a person who stopped taking the hardest fights and avoided testing his status as an elite because of how he viewed a certain leagues business practices.

The new lineal champ will be whoever beats Anderson Silva. That shit started over if you ask me because MMA is still a young sport, and it was in infancy when Royce Gracie was "the man". I don't exactly know if you could trace back who the lineal champs in boxing were that way either, because eventually a person will just retire either unbeaten, or not beaten since winning the title. If Fedor was still completely undefeated, but his last 3 wins were against Bob Sapp, Jose Conseco, and James Toney, you don't think that people would start calling bullshit on the p4p GOAT god of the world thing?
    test
  10. Duane Jackson

where does silva come into this? lmao

you clearly dont get the concept of what the lineal champ it, it has nothing to do with the competition you face? its a timeline of where the ufc championship has gone from day 1, which is cool to see, it doesnt really mean anything it's just a note in mma's history

you cant just up and start it over?? lmao it defeats the purpose of what they did
    test
  11. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I hope Bigfoot loses to Roy Nelson or something.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

With Big-Foot claiming the lineal title, unless his next fight is J.D.S.
    we may never see the lineal championship holder make his way into a real title right.
    test
  13. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

Anderson Silva? lol wtf?
    test
  14. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

ITT: someone who doesn't watch MMA.
    test
  15. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

To be fair to Farooq, I think he was sort of spacing on the term Lineal at the moment and mixed it up with having a reference to P4P. The dude is definitely knowledgeable in MMA and we've had the wall of text debates to prove it.
    test
  16. Duane Jackson

it all came full circle back to this fight now with cain velasquez, thats kind of cool
    test
  17. leonmartin

leonmartin New Member

why i can;t start a new thread on this forum?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.