So 2 days beyond launch, and nobody seems thrilled about Halo 3...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Shy, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

was it not the arbiter in Halo 2 that had his lower jaw ripped off? ..
    test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

What? I stopped reading after you actually stated that you loving a game before it comes out is "FACTUAL".

God, kill yourself.
    test
  3. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

theres a ton of games with better stories than halo, cane
    test
  4. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I think Cane's trying to amuse himself.
    test
  5. Cane

Cane New Member

no, i'm actually amusing the children. keep reading, dimwits. and don't go look it up, either. that'd make too much sense.
    test
  6. vinyl academics

the story is garbage
    test
  7. Cane

Cane New Member

test
  8. vinyl academics

yes...hilarious
    test
  9. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Many people say it has one of the weaker stories of all the "big" games.

Cane is the type to come to school with a gun if he heard someone say that though.
    test
  10. Cane

Cane New Member

many people say it has an incredible storyline. those people are the ones who paid attention. they exist. just because on some retard board you go to, a couple schmucks who paid about as much attention as you did say it sucks, you believed them? when you played, you missed it. this is a fact, and it's not my problem. it's yours for believing it's impossible that you couldn't see the real story.

fact is, it's not spoon fed directly to you, and it's not a story told using your eyes, like most straight forward plots. but it's typical human arrogance-if you don't see something, it doesn't exist. or people think everything they see is all there is to something. instead of arguing something you don't even know for sure, which is exactly what's happening, why not educate yourselves? this topic's a great study on human behavior, really. you've got your textbook human cockiness coming out in spades. the story, it's there. go find out for yourself. you'll see i'm right. but "it'z just alienz invading earth and we kills them! with prophets! deeerr!"

it's no surprise rapmusic.com has the dumbasses who would miss this sort of plot. go look around bungie.net for awhile. get a good dose of humility. the first four or five times through halo with my friends, i didn't pay any damn attention to the plot. it was a fps, on a console. "what plot?" i figured. the things i saw, the buildings, the enviroments, the marine dialogue, it was all fun but i thought nothing of it. until i looked into it and saw it all meant something. nothing in halo is done unless it's for storyline purposes, but it's not directly told to you how alot of games and movies tell you what you should be looking for. which is exactly why so many people miss it while they're having fun shooting. but i wasn't above realizing i just missed it. read even just the first book. you'll see. don't tell me you shouldn't have to read a book, because it'll cost you 5 bucks to get even more out of an already fun game. the story's not packed into any one game and easily served up to you on a platter because there's so much of it. there's hundreds of years of fiction written out in the halo universe. if you're mad you have to read a book, don't say the plot sucks when it doesn't, say you're mad you have to do more than play the game to realize what you're missing. and if you listen to what someone else tells you about something like this, don't. that's just stupid.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=489086

someone will, without base, trash that teamxbox topic but it's just true. the people that caught the story are few and far between. it's not an insult that you didn't.

when spark in 1 said "These Sentinels will supplement your combat system. But, I suggest you upgrade to at least a Class Twelve combat skin. Your current model only scans as a Class Two, which is ill suited for this kind of work. " did you even think about it? or did you keep running and shooting and reloading without a thougth as to what he was saying? i don't want an explanation on it, it's easily googled. just think about it. the cortana channel talk in 3, did you even realize what she was saying? now i don't even care if i get an answer to that, i know it'll be googled because no one here would know.

this sums it up well...

Halo is a very deep game and you have to be a real Halo geek to actually appriciate it. While Bioshock's depth seems contained entirely within the game, Halo's is spread out across novels, comics, graphic novels, ARGs and Easter Eggs!
    that's exactly right. it's an experience that touches on cloning, war, religion, poltics, ethics, friendship, etc while many games or even movies just focus on one or two. don't say the plot sucks because it's not nearly packaged in the games 100%, just say it's not all given to the user instantly, but the plot most certainly doesn't suck.
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

heres the problem cane....the plot of halo is incomplete...the fact that you have to read a book to get a backstory just proves that idea....the game needs a supplement for the story....that means the PLOT OF THE GAME IS WEAK....IT REQUIRES SPOONFEEDING BECAUSE IT DOESNT GIVE YOU THE TOOLS NECESSARY TO GET THE COMPLETE STORY...YOU NEED A BOOK

When they make a movie off a comic book that has a weak plot...guess what...the movie has a weak plot...reading the comic book shouldnt be required....because the movie is its own experience...

the same with a video game...halo is its own experience and the fact that i have to read a book to get naunces off the plot means the game isnt doing its job....thats a weakness that your covering with other media....Great Art is Great art because it stands alone....

What your saying applies to a game like half life....half life has an AMAZING plot....and everything is hidden in small nuances in the game...newspaper clippings on walls....details in the enviornment.....character interactions...everything is a clue to the story but you wouldnt realize it unless you stopped and looked at it....THAT is plot done correctly because all of the answers are hidden...but they are in that one medium....if i had to go and buy a book in the store to understand the back story of the half life universe then guess what....the game failed to supply the gamer with a plot....

the arguement here isnt...THE HALO UNIVERSE....

its HALO THE GAME

I shouldnt have to purchase a book to get all of the plot in a game....if a character shows face time for 1 minutes in the game and says 1 line....and that one line is irrelevant to the game but somehow ties to a book? guess what....thats POOR PLOT in the GAME....

now as per what spark said...its obvious that there were different spartan revisions...this was talked about in the game and pointed at with other small details....however they never go into any detail about it...id have to read the book in order to learn the history of the spartan models and the different test soldiers they made...

and heres the what annoys me the most....

you keep saying its going over peoples heads....its NOT...the problem here is that bungie didnt provide the plot in the game....so they had to outsource the story to other mediums because for whatever reason they couldnt tell that story in game format exclusively....it shows a weakness in the story telling abilities in the game medium...thats like them basically admitting

"oh we didnt know how to tell you the story in the game....so we wrote this book here that explains it"

thats fucking CHEATING...and you saying it goes over peoples heads is rediculous....it just means that you had to go look elsewhere for the rest of the story....that doesnt mean it went over anyones head....the game isnt that deep...i suggest you play half life 1 and 2, operation blue shift,opposing force and see where HALO got all its inspiration from...and see how half life does a better job of including the story without spoonfeeding and requiring you to find another medium to fill in all the plot holes.....

i mean the "g-man" character alone in half life is more compelling then anything in the halo universe

the half life story is so fucking deep that theres a whole website dedicated to putting it all together without the need of a book for plot fill ins...

http://members.shaw.ca/halflifestory/

and to close this all out....i still think halo is a great game....
    test
  12. vinyl academics

half life 2 is a better game too
    test
  13. LokStok

either way .. they're still just videogames .. not religious cults ..
    test
  14. vinyl academics

i bet cane bought the legendary version
    test
  15. Cane

Cane New Member

^looks like i've made an enemy for life. fucking geek.

i think enough of it's already there in dialogue and what many characters esp cortana say.

you aren't required to, it just helps alot. you don't even have to read the book. just go online and look at stuff you don't get. the game itself was still good but it's not my problem if everyone's so used to a "video game story" that something like this just bores them

IT DID. holy shit. PAY ATTENTION. god this site is full of retards.

see? that's just way fuckin off. don't even talk about the plot if you couldn't pay attention and come to proper conclusions on your own.

and heres the what annoys me the most....

lmao@weakness. no son. it's all supposed to be this way.

LMMFAO

lmao it got no inspiration from half life. i've played both and enjoyed halo more. half life, since we're talking about inspirations, is a poor mans 1984 and is the sexy pick as "zomg super good" because it's the anti-halo. the plot's good but way overhyped because it's lesser known.

coming from a guy who hasn't explored this universe and bashed it before. way to cover all your bases. pretty obvious what side you want to be on. dipshit.

are you even half fuckin aware of all the theories surrounding the halo plot?

but wait-you haven't seen it, so it doesn't exist
    test
  16. LokStok

Halo has great gameplay too [sunstar]

unfortunately Halo will lose half its online population when Call of Duty 4 arrives .. it's just that bit more special with regards to multiplayer gameplay ..
    test
  17. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Did you put the little helmet on your mantle?
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

actually i have.....cane...its all online....the problem is you need the books to come up with most of the theories yourself....the same as you keep going around patting yourself on the back cause you read the theories online....you all of a sudden think your intelligent because you found the info online...the fact of the matter is that the game only tells you 5% of the story....and the rest has to be explained by book....

and for the record i still havent finished the halo 3 campaign cause my 360 RROD'd....
    test
  19. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

We know the plot and foundation. And we dont like it. You're just so obsessed you can't accept it, thats what the problem is here. People DONT pay attention to something they're not interested in. Hey I read up on Soulja Boys bio and he's actually ill as fuck once you understand who he is and where he comes from.. Does that take away from the fact that his music is still garbage to people? Do you think anybody will go out and actually read that shit if what he delivered is garbage?? Get your head out of master chiefs ass and use it for once.
    test
  20. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

I'd understand if you loved the story or thought it was amazing. I'd understand if you came in here and just told us you think its great. But you're actually attacking people who dont like it. That shows how bad you're on the cock right now. Its just so obvious and pathetic.

This obsessed joke actually expects us to go back and read details of a plot we never liked to begin with.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.