So 2 days beyond launch, and nobody seems thrilled about Halo 3...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Shy, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

that biggest launch shit is garbage

barely beat harry potter yet the lowest price for halo 3 was 60 compared to what? 10-12 for a movie ticket? just stop
    test
  2. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Link a screenshot from 01 that looks anything like the screens I posted. Still waiting.
    test
  3. Vikto Beats

Thats true. It just raked in the most dough. I read an article about the book sellin like 8.3 mill first day. Halo only sold 2.4 . Unit wise it didnt break any records. I dont know why they dont go by actual numbers instead of profit. Makes no fuckin sense.

Biggest launch in video games definitely not in entertainment as a whole.
    test
  4. Cane

Cane New Member

well obviously unit wise it won't break any records, it costs minimum 60 fuckin dollars.

cash wise, it was the biggest entertainment launch ever. units? obviously not. there's a massive difference between a video game and a book. the vast majority of the known world, short of a few troglodytes on this site, can read. whereas for a game, you're paying 6-10 times more and need a piece of hardware to utilize it that costs about 50 times more than a book. there's why it makes perfect sense. because you don't pay your rent with units sold. at least, not my landlord.
    test
  5. Savior Celph

Savior Celph New Member

Sorry, i exaggerated. But I still made the point.... these graphics are nothing special. At all.

Kills me that people for unknown reasons take up for this mediocre ass game.
    test
  6. Cane

Cane New Member

maybe they're just unknown to you, because you automatically, repeat-automatically, hated the game without even playing it. maybe there's something to it. sometimes when the majority likes something, it doesn't mean it's instantly a piece of shit rippy, you should give things a try. you're probably missing out on so much in life by holing up in your fuckin room and hating everything the majority enjoys.

the graphics are fine. they don't look like gears of war or bioshock, but do you even know why? no, you don't without googling it. so aside from being who you are, why make such uneducated comments? really? do you live to argue that much?
    test
  7. Savior Celph

Savior Celph New Member

I don't hate the game.

But what would be the difference between me hating the game before playing it, and you being willing to trade your cock for it before playing it?

you're such a fucking hypocrite cane. You've always been this way. Diss people for arguing. Diss people for being bias. Diss people for doing exactly what you do...while you're doing it. You're a retard.
    test
  8. Cane

Cane New Member

because one of things is factual, and one's an assumption made because you don't like me or how i defend something i think is right. i don't even think that dawns upon you. i think you believe your own bullshit. i think when you log on, and think to youself "HAHA OMG CANE WOULD TRADE HIS DICK FOR A GAME HES A DORK YOU'RE ALL DORKS HAHA", you actually think it's a realistic statement. (and you're going to pretend it is, because you have nothing else left). you can call me whatever you want. you're like double. you make a fucktard comment, and get called out, and can't say anything back. you fuckin duck and dodge my arguments like no one i've ever seen. i know i've always owned you but fuck, at least try. i mean, i proved none of you schmucks knew what you were really talking about, so why not go look?

because you're rippy, and now that you know i like it, you will never associate yourself with it and let yourself like it. like i said, you're missing out on so much in life i'd be willing to bet, just because you hate what's universally loved.
    test
  9. Vikto Beats

Even your Ut03 shot looks nothing like it. Gears looks way better than halo, alot of current pc titles look much better. Cant argue that. But the graphics are still sick as shit. None of these older pc titles look anything like it. Graphics aint what I expected considering how ridiculous halo 2 looked for xbox at the time, but they are still a hell of an upgrade and look really good. Like I said before, horrible reach. You got plenty of current games that look much better than halo, but you obviously do not know how good this game actually looks and just have some kind of hate for it if you gonna randomly tell me some old ass cheesy pc game looks better than it. You even took it far enough to post a screenshot? That OBVIOUSLY looks much worse than it? You tryin so hard.
    test
  10. Vikto Beats

Every halo had a shitty storyline for me, halo 1 was decent at most. Shit is so cliche and boring to me. Voice-acting and all that is on point. But the story is cheeseball deluxe.
    test
  11. Cane

Cane New Member

^so...explain the story?
    test
  12. Vikto Beats

Covenants are dumb meanies being run by the prophet of truth who has a unfinished halo replacement ring buried in some other portal. While gravemind is holding cortana captive. So you gotta get rid of the prophet and get cortana back..

Now why did I have to explain that?
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

call me chesseball deluxe.
    test
  14. Vikto Beats

haha, I aint hatin or anything I just personally find the story really lamo. Campaign play is fun as shit, and online is impeccable. Just cant stand the story itself.
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

i dont understand why cane is making the story bigger then it is.....its a pretty straightforward plot....there isnt anything complex about it.....its not bioshock

the only way to make the halo story any more complex is to include the book....but the book isnt the game....and using the stories in the book to make the plot in the game deeper then it is is imo cheating.....the story told in the game is all that it can be praised or criticized for...
    test
  16. Cane

Cane New Member

^because there's more to it than that. even if you don't read the books, they'd at least tell you that there are things in the games you easily overlook. i mean, his explanation of the plot proves that anyway. reading the books isn't cheating, it's just you being pissed off that you have to put some work into understanding something, because it's not spoonfed. it has just as many political and religious references as bioshock, but it says halo on the box, so it all goes overlooked.
    test
  17. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Dude, why should he or anyone else have to READ a book to get an extended plot? Are the developers THAT lazy to not include the entire story in the damn game? Noone is being pissed..spoonfed...etc. Don't ever compare this game to Bioshock....EVER. Bioshock was a beautiful game..storyline and all.....it's not like this Halo 3 bullshit. The only thing being overlooked is how shitty and lazy this game is.
    test
  18. Vikto Beats

Hey how about I just never liked the story and you got a halo cock so far down your throat you're attacking me for having a different opinion? Wtf is wrong with you? Just accept the fact that I dont like the story and go about your bussiness. WHY WOULD I GO INTO FURTHER DETAILS IF I NEVER LIKED THE PLOT TO BEGIN WITH YOU FUCKING IMBECILE? BECAUSE YOU'RE GONNA CRY?? Why do people leave the theatre when they're watching a horrible movie? Why do people stop reading a book when its going nowhere in the direction they wanted?? Do you cry everytime someone tells you THEY dont like the story? Seriously I cant stand this shit, someone stated they liked the story, I stated I didnt. You seriously that bad into it where you have to fight to the death when someone tells you they dont like it. Cause every single person on this planet has the same opinion on shit right?
    test
  19. Cane

Cane New Member

see? this is why americas youth needs pieces of entertainment spoon fed to them. they can't see what's in front of them and don't want to put in a little extra work to see what's there. bungie's always been known for great storylines, and myth and marathon were pillars of storytelling in their time. you want to know the difference between those games and halo?

sales figures. so when it comes to story, like was said already, people like you don't get the straight dirt for yourselves, you play telephone.

and if you knew the real plot to the games, you wouldn't call the developers lazy. i mean, you just gave away the fact you don't know shit, and just want to call the game boring. i'm sure you didn't mean to but you just proved it. now instead of asking me why i'm saying this and then, without knowing why, automatically replying and saying i'm wrong, go look it up. go. no one has yet, because i'm right. i'd bet every last dime in my bank account you had no idea why bioshock was good when you beat it. someone told you it was and then you saw it. i mean, every explanation of the plot i've gotten has been a dead •••••••• none of you really know what you're looking at when you play these games. but nothing is there randomly. i can guarantee when you played, there were things you glanced at and thought nothing of, but trust me, nothing's there without a reason. it's something you have to pay close attention to, but because you didn't, suddenly the story sucks? lmao. tell that to the thousands who did pay attention and realize this is one of the best storylines of our generation. don't think they're out there? go look. but something tells me they'll be very, very wrong and you'll be very, very right. because this far into the argument, you won't dare concede defeat if you find out you've been wrong all along. it was never about having a differing opinion, it was about not knowing what that opinion was formed on.
    test
  20. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

cane....the story isnt all that crazy....theres lots of details to it.....but the overall theme and means to itself is nothing spectacular....we can sit here all day and talk about the specifics and semantics involved but it doesnt exactly mean its a unique and amazing story....im not gonna say its horrible cause it isnt....

the reading the books point isnt cheating....WRITING a book to explain the plot of the game deeper is cheating.....

the whole story in part 1 revolves around the confusion of what halo is and why its there....conflicting leads from guilty spark and the true use of halo and the destruction of the universe....thats basically all halo 1 boils down to...deception and cloudyness of intent....theres many little details that dont really change the overall picture of the story....details such as

the space jumps to avoid the covenant.....completely self serving random jumping....its a poor detail to help the story introduce the halo's

the whole covenant infatuation with halo causes us to have to stick by and see wtf is going on.....we just happen to randomlly jump in an area the convenant wanted us to not be...great story

keyes gets captured by covenant....

keyes getting taken by the flood and turning into one of them....

Cortana tells you about the silent cartographer...details as to why she knows about this arent even thrown at you...its just boom go here so we can find out where the control room is for this halo thing....how did she find the cartographer in the first place?

spark using master chief for his own mission of activating halo and destroying the flood and all sentient beings (which is kind of stupid when you think of the fact that protecting the universe by destroying it is completely counter productive....)

using the pillar of the autumn to destroy halo.....seriously....halo is created to destroy the universe......this is like saying...."this atom bomb is going to destroy the universe if its detonated....we have to blow it up and destroy it...so that no one can use it..."

wtf? blow up a fucking bomb ?

and then more halo's and spark still floating around...big whoop

thats halo 1 in a nutshell....whats so complex about that?

halo 2 introduces the prophets and the arbiter to the story...you get the religious fanatics and tyrants in the new covenant story....whoopte doo chase down an elite .....another ring and another idiot who wants to turn it on and then i stopped giving a fuck cause the campaign becomes rediculously boring because of repetative enviornments and lazy dev design level wise....and the arbiter story sucks and i honestly didnt care or like his character
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.