So 2 days beyond launch, and nobody seems thrilled about Halo 3...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Shy, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Which isn't surprising to me, but to be as hyped as this game was...and for what?...Same thing all over again, barely better graphics...

Bioshock went under the radar and people were non-stop blabbing about it after launch. Talking about how groundbreaking it is, and how great it is.
    I havent seen that on any boards so far....

I know, it's still Halo. But i just never understood the hype from pt 1 to 2...and now 3... what separates it from anything else?
    test
  2. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

thats cause they are all playing it....all the hype is on the audio hookup forums...and i already did a whole post as to whats different about 2 to 3
    test
  3. Cane

Cane New Member

this game is going to bring in more money than 2, which set the record all time spanning both movies and games. it's already selling system and will continue to do so. it blew away the record for preorders, held by 2, so trust us when we say-we're just playing it. the talking will be going on for years. proof's on the bungie homepage that everyone's still busy playing it.

you know, you wouldn't be such an angry person if you didn't automatically turn yourself against anything popular. let yourself enjoy things many others enjoy. you won't be so bitter and miserable all the time.
    test
  4. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

98% of my FL has been playing Halo 3 .. I have to wait until Saturday to get my grubby mitts on it :(
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Game is dope......i'm still playing bioshock though...trying to decide which to play is tough..lol....

multiplayer for the little i played was crack......took some getting used to with the weapons and controls though...

campaign was pissing me off...but i was playing on heroic, and it felt like legendary. Seems like the campaign is made for co-op.....
    test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I'm getting the game Cane.

Just because I think something isn't NEAR worth it's hype, doesn't mean I hate it.

I've got to wait for Microsoft to send me a new 360 though seeing as mine did the typical....

and I like plenty popular things. I just hate most overrated things. I liked Reggie Bush until the media made me hate him. I liked Peyton Manning til UT fans made me hate him. I like many things until people make me hate them with their bullshit hype.
    test
  7. Cane

Cane New Member

dude. that's your fault. if you dislike something you liked prior because of hype, it's your fault. quit being a pussy and take responsibility. it may be involuntary but it's still you.

who cares if someone hypes peyton manning? oh, and don't lie about that, i've been offline a long time but i was here when you started hating manning and it's because he went from tennessee to an nfl division rival.
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Halo 3 has one of the best story lines out of any game I've played on the xbox360so far. I was glued to this game. I've never played a halo campaign before but HOLY SHIT this games campaign was awsome. I could see how halo could be a movie.

The ending is great... Wait until after the credits.

The game lives up to the hype. The graphics are fine with me because the game play is on a whole nother level. The AI is INTELLIGENT. I've seriously never fought AI this clever. I actually had to think when it came to attacking them. I flank those mother fuckers on some Guerrilla tactic shit.

It's like playing a futuristic movie. Master chief is the best video game character ever created in my opinion. I did not want this game to end. Cop it. The multiplayer is going to be INSANE.
    test
  9. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

so you liked it then?
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I loved it man. Shit is bonkers.

I'm constantly in the theatre section taking grimmy pictures of past gameplay. The maps I'm creating are fun and creative as hell. I know which weapons kick ass and which suck balls.

Sniper rifle.
    Plasma rifle.
    Spartan laser.
    rocket luncher.
    sword.
    gravity hammer.
    Main gun.
    turrets.
    All sorts of bombs.

That is all you need to play halo 3 correctly.

I need to get online.
    test
  11. NaSh

NaSh o_

its ok, i prefer bioshock tho.....
    test
  12. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Halo 3 lived up to all the hype. Everybody is just busy playing it. If you have 360 look at your fucking friends list.
    test
  13. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Bioshock > Halo 3.

Sales are irrelivant.

Fifa out sells Pro Evo every year, yet critics and fans alike chose Pro Evo, every year.

Make a better arguement.
    test
  14. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I second that...

Bioshock was a pretty sweet game. I don't know if Halo 3 is better because my copy hasn't come in the mail yet...but...I'll review it. I'm sure i'll have Halo 3 beat in abt a week and a half...maybe less...depends on my schedule.

About the soccer games or whatever....Fifa starting sucking after 2004-2005 really. I played Pro Evo like once...couldn't get into it too much. A lot of people like pro evo though....
    test
  15. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Just because everyone's playing it?...

It was the most anticipated game...possibly ever....

and just because people are playing it, it's living up to the hype?

There were a lot of people playing Call of Wuarez on my list when that steamy shit game released too. I guess it was good too...
    test
  16. Cane

Cane New Member

^how is it NOT living up to the hype

everyone's playing it. it made more money than any entertainment launch in history, any medium included. the ratings are through the roof and everyone loves it minus the odd stragglers.

i wouldn't even compare bioshcok to halo. it's a total apples to oranges comparison. the only similarity is that they both have guns. that's as far as i'd go. both are amazing. if any comparison can be drawn it's just that one is more political, and one is more religious. but both are fantastic.
    test
  17. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Didnt like Halo 1 or Halo 2...
    I'll probably rent Halo 3 though just to play around with Forge.
    test
  18. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

noo!!

battle rifle > everything..

how is it in halo 3?? and are a lot of ppl playing mlg game types??
    test
  19. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Halo never quite lives up to the hype

but it's a fuckign dope ass game........it's a quality, fun, well put together peice of software.......
    test
  20. Cane

Cane New Member

according to you? sorry if i don't buy the credibility of you.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.