smoke all you can now because when they shut down paper money

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Chase Murda, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnglishLanguage

EnglishLanguage New Member

stupid stoners like these are the ones who thought food would be in pill form by the year 2000
    test
  2. The Second Comming

The Second Comming you aint poison!!!

yea, i read about this & heard about it in college not too long ago.. sometime in the future we will be living in a cashless society.. which is gonna fucking suck
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

test
  4. 352_FLA

352_FLA New Member

my girlfriend works at a bank... paper money will be completely gone in about 10-15 years... the scanning of the chip beneath the hand will be used in around 50 years.. the cards are simply going to be debit cards... all check will be placed into your account and the money is digital.. you idiots think we still are in the gold standard era... paper money has no REAL value behind it excpet for digital value. once every store excepts debit cards.. they will get rid of paper money... this makes it impossible for people to get payed UNDER THE TABLE.. and i makes it impossible for ILLEGAL ALIENS to get payed since everything is on the books... this will help in border control, and taxes... however your debit swipes will be taxed :) so it evens out :)
    test
  5. -K@tO-

-K@tO- New Member

Won't work that way, will never work that way... will cost too damn much to implement that homey.

So your telling me they gonna change all those food machines, phone cabins, whatever use paper money to make them cards instead...fuck no, won't happen... will cost too much for it to happen... and people won't like it... it will never happen.
    test
  6. 352_FLA

352_FLA New Member

all the drink machines at my college have an area where you can put your student I.D. in it to deduct money.... Alot of phone booths already have debit/credit card slots... and ALL the machines at the amusement parks here in Orlando got em... its not expensive number 1 and number 2 they are going to build them and replace the old ones eventually cu... its not happening all at once or tommarow... everyone will like it... if you get robbed you gotta tell em your pin number lol or they gotta show your I.D.... i'll research and show you some proof
    test
  7. 352_FLA

352_FLA New Member

that didnt take long.... here is an article from a magazine you may have heard of... TIME!!!

The future of money
    Time Magazine
    Cash is headed for a whole new dimension. Soon you'll send money encoded in an e-mail. You can storte the money any way you want--on a laptop, a debit card, even (in the not too distant future) on a chip implanted under her skin.
    Cash is headed for a whole new dimension. MasterCard has invested millions in the development of an E-cash system called Mondex. Smart Mondex cards have tiny embedded microchips that can store not only electronic dollars but also five other types of currency, an abbreviated medical history and even a personalized electronic "key" that can open everything from your apartment to your office. Says Henry Mundt, MasterCard executive vice president for global access: "The chip that we are putting on the card now will form the platform for the ultimate in remote access for consumers to their funds, anytime, anywhere. What we really see happening in the future is consumers being able to design their cards to meet their individual needs. We refer to that as moving more toward life-style cards." E-cash is already everywhere, from highway tolls to subways.

Technology and finance have become one and the same. As William Niskanen, chairman of the Washington-based CATO Institute, puts it, "The distinction between software and money is disappearing." And nowhere is that truer than in the world of cold, hard cash.

Paper money is, in its way, amazing stuff. It is, for instance, easily transferable and widely accepted. You can pay the baby sitter without even thinking about the complex financial dynamics underlying the transaction. Cash--especially U.S. dollars--is also portable, storable and exchangeable. (Just ask the thousands of Russian Mafiosi who pay for nearly everything with $100 bills.) But paper cash does have some awful drawbacks. Lose it and it's gone; sit on it and it may lose its value overnight: think about what just happened in Asia, or earlier in South America.

Enter electronic cash. The idea of digital money is simple enough: instead of storing value on paper, find a way to wrap it in a string of digits that's more portable and (most important) smarter than its paper counterpart. Smart money? Well, yes. Because digital cash is endlessly mutable, you can control it much more precisely than paper money. Think about the $2,000 check you send to your daughter at college for expenses. How is that money really spent? Books … or beer? Electronic cash takes that relatively simple transaction--passing an allowance--and makes it into a much more intelligent process. And one that hardly requires something as old-fashioned as a bank.

For starters, you can send the money over the Internet encoded in an E-mail instead of sending a check. Your daughter can store the money any way she wants--on her laptop, on a debit card, even (in the not too distant future) on a chip implanted under her skin. And, you can program the money to be spent only in specific ways. You might instruct some of the digits to go for books, some for food and some for movies. Unless you pass along a few digits that can be cashed at the local pub, she'll have to find someone else to buy the drinks.

Smart, digital cash may also address some of the other problems of paper money. If you lose your digital cash, for example, you will be able to replace it instantly by asking your computer to invalidate the disappeared digits and replace them with a fresh set. And unlike paper money--which stops earning interest as it shoots out of the ATM slot--smart money can keep earning interest until the moment you spend it.

This "cash-interest phenomenon" may sound trivial, but it's a link to a whole other revolution in finance: the dissolution of the government monopoly on money. After all, if some small bank in Luxembourg or Belize is willing to pay you more interest on your digital cash, who are you to argue? Government money will still exist, but so will dozens of other currencies, each tailored to a specific need and endlessly convertible and exchangeable. Says Howard Greenspan, president of Toronto-based Heraclitus Corp., a management consulting firm: "In the electronic city, the final step in the evolution of money is being taken. Money is being demonetized. Money is being eliminated."

Maybe. Digital cash, for all its charms, is still climbing a tough road to acceptance. "Between 40% and 50% of transactions today use cash and checks," says Steve Cone, an executive at Fidelity Investments. And there are plenty of folks who still like cold cash just fine. Says economist Bruce Skoorka: "Look, every day there's a guy who shows up at a bank in Bogota with a big box full of cash. You think he wants to travel with a traceable digital-cash card?"

In fact, in the eyes of some digital-cash Pollyannas, one of the great things about traceable, bit-based cash is that it will do away with whole categories of cash-based crime. "Paper money is, I hate to say it, the root of all evil," says DigiCash founder Chaum, who argues that the traceability of electronic cash will mean the end of some types of crime. "What kidnapper would take a ransom payment by check? Once you build the infrastructure for electronic cash, the incremental cost of replacing paper money is small. And the social benefits could be amazing."

But the China Syndrome aspect of all this interconnected finance is among its most worrisome features. What if the whole interconnected computer network crashes? (For that matter, what if just your part does?) What if a hacker breaks in at the wrong place? This new electronic world challenges everything we thought we knew about finance, but maybe not what we know about economics. Will a high-speed global economy put an end to the boom and bust of the business cycle, or will it create dangerous interlinkages across borders, where a bad year for the Mexican economy, say, might accidentally trigger a global depression?
    test
  8. 352_FLA

352_FLA New Member

see and this isnt biased... it has the pros and cons... im not CNN lol
    test
  9. CMagic

CMagic That Suburbs Cr-cka

this is the dumbest shit i ever heard---So no one could babysit someone elses kid for $ it would all have to be professional care, which is like the government running everything---not a democracy.
    test
  10. Duke of Babble-On

Duke of Babble-On im a fucking scum sucker

that means more poor people on the streets that can't earn legit money and now eveyrthing's goint o be taxed prolly
    test
  11. BlaZinGame

BlaZinGame Before 770

you people would actually leave an ILLEGAL PAPER TRAIL ?

what kind of morons are yall...

yea i think ill buy my next dub with a check and write it out to Ski For: A fat dub sack.,.
    test
  12. *NativeTongue*

*NativeTongue* New Member

^rofl u act like cats cant lie

u could sell someone a piece of paper, but weed would just happen to be there at the time, you know what i mean?
    test
  13. BlaZinGame

BlaZinGame Before 770

no i dont know what u mean...

i will never buy anything illegal with anything other than cash.. youd be stupid otherwise
    test
  14. Funasty

Funasty New Member

^this dude reminds of my half brother, on that stupid shit..
    test
  15. Chase Murda

Chase Murda hostile enviroment

im telling yall that shits real
    test
  16. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

man fuckit
    maybe we'll smokeout for free all the time now, lol
    test
  17. ExoDuzt

ExoDuzt Takin Ova