smittyrhythm vs dethstryque

Discussion in 'Emcee Battle Area' started by smittyrhythm, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

^^^
    I respect this post.It's sensible,more mature than I thought,and I can feel you.Unfortunately,it's essentially exactly what I thought you would say and it proves my point quite well.

First,I can beat anyone on this board and anywhere else.Oneduh or anyone else.That's not a sign of overarching arrogance,disrespect,or ignorance;it's just true.Conversely,practically anyone can beat me as well.ANY GIVEN SUNDAY...

Second,your definition of "styles appropriate to text lyricism" is flawed.Any bar spit live is also a bar that can be read in text,and conversely...if the lyricist has the requisite skill,knowledge,experience,and will.Your definition of text lyricism and styles appropriate to a text battle ignores the overwhelming power of total lyricism.Your emphasis apparently is on what you consider to be punchlines and punches rooted in personals primarily.In the process of doing this you ignore the staggering breadth depth creativity power and applicability of vocab (our words are LITERALLY our weapons),rhyme scheme (NOT JUST MULTIS,I MEAN RHYME SCHEME),knowledge base (from which everything that we do is drawn),sound manipulation,flow,and creativity creativity creativity creativity.If we followed your concept of "text lyricism",we would rather quickly reach the limits of that little "sand box",if you will...and we'd become repetitious.We'd be in that position that the industry was in a few years ago--everybody sounding exactly or remarkably alike.And wakk as hell.The moment that the underground buys into this "limited franchise" concept you put forth? Hiphop's demise would speedily arrive.There would literally be no other vistas for us to explore.

I,however,not only beg to differ with your perspective,I display the supreme power of knowledge,skillful lyricism and the infinite vistas we can explore therewith.

Do I agree that your opinion of text lyricism is important? Yes.I think that you big up critical aspects of text lyricism.Recall that I already displayed those elements in my two previous battles (even if you disagree with me,I have done so.The proof lies in the bars themselves).But what you big up is tantamount to having funkalicious dunks,sicc jumpshots...without dishin,zero defense,no ball handlin,no ability to read defenses,or anything else.You go for the big weapons only,without realizing that it's the mandatory presence of the truly skillful craftsmans tools (sound manipulation,vocab,rhyme scheme--NOT JUST MULTIS,RHYME SCHEME--creativity,metaphor,flow,versatility,etc.) which makes the "glamorous big weapons" shine.And you think that there's only one way to dunk,too.You prefer say the gorilla jam...and I'll pull off a capoeira style ricochet Statue of Liberty dunk that pinballs me between 3 guys.Or I can do the same thing from the J-line and pull a treyball off of it...and you'd say that I'm NOT dunking and NOT shooting.Yep,I'm dunking and shooting.With infinitely greater skill,too.I'm JUST NOT DOING THE KINDS OF STUFF THAT YOU PREFER.Here's where experience,breadth depth knowledge and versatility makes all the difference.It's why Michael Jordan is forever better than Larry Bird.MJ can do everything LB can,and lotsa things that he can't...which gives him tools that LB can't defend against.That's EXACTLY what I did to Smitty.

I saw that Smitty was vulnerable to a specific style of lyricism.He had decent in the paint defense,and he preferred the gorilla jam.So I tightened my defense and started raining jumpshots on him...until he came out to the trey line,then I ran and jammed on him.Then I did both.And played ball control to limit his opportunity to close my lead on him.He played hard in the style that he had;but I had him hemmed up.He just doesn't have sufficient weaponry.Neither does ANYONE ELSE WHO USES THAT STYLE.They lack the weaponry.I will beat them.You and smitty don't have the breadth of experience vision etc. to appreciate that yet,because your prejudices narrow your perspectives and stunt your ability to both grow as lyricists yourselves AND appreciate the power lyricism and skill in other styles.Even styles that you don't PREFER.

When you said that my bars could apply equally to JASON ANTHONY or basically anyone else onsite? In the strictest sense,you're RIGHT.However,you'd miss the key reasons that I used this specific approach: if you tried that with JASON ANTHONY,it WOULD NOT be as effective.Jason's brand of lyricism is quite capable of combating the approach that I used here quite well.The style that smitty displayed in rounds 1-2 was NOT.
    test
  2. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Your first two verses were garbage. You're not as good as you think you are. Yes, I am a mod. No, I am not a troll. No, I do not live with my mother.

You should thank me for even dropping through. The battle thread is dead as fuck, probably because dyslexic losers like yourself can't adequately cope with rejection. You got shit on. Case closed.

Your emotions make me laugh. Please continue your sad fucktarded pity party. I'll be right here.
    test
  3. DethStryque

Me md Mrjdm are on at the same time right now.And again...merely ask a mod or admin of your choosing to confirm our IPs and ease your mind on this matter.
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

smitty~ god damn, you was a formidable opponent. you brought some really thourough rhymery punchlines were half great half mediocre. some of the punches sorta missed the mark for me. you were consistant and a great rhyme sayer. i feel your best rounds were #2 & #3. i think ur 48 bar verse was only 44 bars. but i guess that's ok. rules werent specific. you really challenged deth with this battle good job thunny.

this is one of my fav set-ups^^

deth~good googly moogly, your word play, rhyme scheme, and punchlines are expert status. i was feeling over 95% of the punches, and the rhyme scheme was so difficult i felt inspired. your creativity soars leagues above smitty.. and many other battlers on site. each one of your verses stepped up as you progressed

this line took the whole battle for me among many others.
    and this line i think went over heads but god damn its viscious
    vote dethstryqe hands down

nice try smitty
    test
  5. JASON ANTHONY

Smitty bout ta blow himself away.
    test
  6. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

I dont feel like typing ten paragraphs to defend it. it all boils down to a matter of preference. id still like to see some more opinions about it. this text forum is dead.
    test
  7. DethStryque

Not dead by a long shot.
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

i respect u tho smitty don't get it twisted. i had to vote, i voted on who's verse kept a smile on my face the longest. i read ur verse and was impressed. deth's just edged it out a little bit more for me, maybe im wrong but i hope ur not offended. yo u'd prob beat me in a battle
    test
  9. JASON ANTHONY

Don't apologize to that loser.
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

lmao! ooops..

i take it back then :scared:
    test
  11. smittyrhythm

u gotta forgive burt.. he aint been 'earn'n' lately.
    test
  12. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Jesus

This was awful.
    test
  13. DethStryque

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."--Abraham Lincoln

Foolishness proven,doubt removed...unless you have the skill and heart to battle and defeat either or both of us.Which I sincerely doubt that you do.
    test
  14. smittyrhythm

^word..
    test
  15. DethStryque

Isn't Dex the same WHITE GUY who brags that he has a "ghetto booty" like a BLACK GIRL? Yes,he IS...that's whatcha call both race AND gender issues.Lolol.
    test
  16. smittyrhythm

:funny:

daaaamn
    test
  17. DethStryque

I know,huh.Lol.
    test
  18. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Not sure what any of this has to do with you being 30+ and still horrendous at text.

Being a deflective pseudo-intellectual seems to come easier to you than MS Word rap.
    test
  19. smittyrhythm

so what's your problem? if youre so good why dont you start a thread and drop something better...? I'd fuckin smash you.
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

Dex, you are the king of controversial comment's, but this battle wasn't bad at all...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.