Smile Now..Cry Later (Dedicated To My Father)

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by $treets, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $treets

$treets New Member

I wish i could see my fathers face just once..today or tomarrow my hearts full of sorrow...sick of this pain..hard to count the tears when you standing in the rain/
    Meant to say sorry but today is too tardy livin in this broken home...somehow you know how to be a father without even
    having your own/
    Cant lie i thought about grabbing my nine and blowin my dome...would of gave you my heart if i'd had only known you were weak...thru rap i found courage to speak write these words wiping tears from my cheek/
    Still remember flipping you over and finding you dead paramedics came and found no pulse to be read...at night i still see you
    laying in that bed...wish it was me instead scared of the thoughts in my head/
    Feel like i'm gonna snap and do something crazy...my biggest regret is you wont see me marry that one special lady or even
    hold my babies/
    Seems like I was just getting to know the true you...why'd you have to leave? made it hard to pick up the bible read and believe...still bereaved even today I grieve/
    I try to talk to you dad a dozen times a day...I pray and I pray waiting for you to say something but all I hear is nothing/
    You left me depressed and stressed with memories repressed, but i still thank god cause I know I was blessed to share the
    same family crest/
    Its almost been a year since i've seen your smile or heard your laugh...scared that my memories wont last so I keep pictures
    near to help me remember the past/
    Even breakfest dont taste the same I bite into it and taste the pain...I promise my love will never waiver it'll just grow greater
    while I smile now and cry later/
    test
  2. Blunted Reality

Blunted Reality Still Blunted on Reality

This was beautiful man...I'm sorry you lost your father...I know what its like to lose someone that was close to you. Flowed nicely...keep it up.
    test
  3. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

beautiful.. um smile now & cry later is misused though that expression means something different.. i can see this is a rap piece but whatever still good..
    test
  4. Nu Voice

Nu Voice the mystery of iniquity

It was beautiful...i usually don't really like poems that rhyme throughout the piece, but it was aight here. Sorry bout your daddy. Keep ya head up. ~respect
    test
  5. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

Beautiful, Great emotion just a straight up heart felt piece.

stay up, much love, peace
    test
  6. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

I cant relate to this piece, but I feel you...My father and I arent even slightly close, but to be without him would be hell indeed...gread drop...
    test
  7. $treets

$treets New Member

thanks for the feedback yall i appreciate it
    test
  8. Subconcious

Subconcious CiPrIoLa DyNaStY

liked it a lot, depressed me a little because i could relate tho...keep up
    test
  9. eatemup

eatemup New Member

very heart felt piece right here i too now what it is like to lose someone close to you sorry to hear you lost your father
    test
  10. $treets

$treets New Member

thanks yall
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.