Smh @ white people

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Namor, Apr 29, 2013.

1. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

Did you watch the video?
    test
  2. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

@alice I need your help

preferably the help of the mildly sane personality you have
    test
  3. AliceHouse

My mildly sane personality has to go to work and will be back in several hours, if'n that be fine with ye.
    test
  4. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

Smh Alice

Well is the schizo personality availiable, I'll take that one
    test
  5. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  6. Gen The God

Gen The God The Life or Death Poet

I agree with a lot of the points in this article. A lot of White people don't like hearing about the inherent problem that racism still poses today. All you really have to do is look at the comments on any youtube clip of Obama's inaugural address or look at the venom being spewed by the GOP anytime time Obama attempts to pass a bill to see that there is racism across the board in White America, be it from the rich or average, middle-class American. The only problem I have with this article is the attempt it makes to generalize a group of people as being a "sum of the whole" race.

I had the biggest issue though with the video (not from the original poster) by Dr. Anderson. Relaying the belief that Black people cannot be racist just because we don't hold a dominant hand in society over another race (white, Asian, Hispanic, etc.) is just downright silly to me. Say what you will, but ideological differences have held the same, if not more weight, than racial differences throughout history. In my humble opinion, nobody has been more persecuted and discriminated against than the Jewish population, with Black and Chinese people coming in a close 2nd place tie. The point is that anyone can be racist, regardless of the color of their skin. It really comes down to trying to better yourself as a person and continuing to relay the good word to your fellow man or woman so that they can better themselves (unless they already have a good head on their shoulders).

To put this in perspective, I grew up in a historically Black town where there may have been 1 (or 2 tops) white families present during my grade school years (K-8). This example is based on a small sample size, but I'm going to use this just for the sake of argument. There was one White kid that transferred to my school when I was in 3rd grade. Out of a class of about 30, 20 treated him like shit, 5 (including me) were nice to him, and the other 5 didn't pay him any mind. So approx 6 out of 10 kids (in an all black class) were dickheads for no reason other than the example set by other white people throughout history. Yet when an Asian girl transferred to our school, everyone was like "ok, she's not Black, but she's ok with us since she's not white." Nobody knew anything about their backgrounds, but still treated them differently based on color instead of character.

I had a White science teacher in 7th grade. All of the kids he had in 6th-8th grade respected him cause he was a real dude. He didn't just come to class to teach us how to memorize the periodic table. He respected us as individuals instead of just another group of Black kids. More importantly, he taught how to be "men" and "women" and I think everybody wondered why White people weren't all like him. After a while, we didn't even notice or care about his skin color. What fucking difference does it make. AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE ONLY PERSON YOU CAN CONTROL IS YOU, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE PLAYING FIELD IS SKEWED AGAINST YOU.

I'm proud to be Black, but to be honest with you, I'm much more proud to just be who the fuck I am. Once a person starts putting "too much" credence into what color/gender/religion he/she represents, pride can quickly turn to arrogance. You can't spend so much time being wary of the inherent problem of racism in this country (and worldwide) that you find it difficult to recognize when a cool person is standing right next to you. If you're White and you put youself on a pedestal over other races like ya shit don't stink, then you need to check yourself because you just might be racist. The same thing goes for Black people. Just because the world is a fucked up place doesn't mean that every white person is contributing to that problem. Too much time is spent by each race rehashing the history of the ignorance and animosity of one race towards the other. We should be putting more time and resources into changing the current culture in this country.

.....just my thoughts.
    test
  7. AliceHouse

Sup...?
    test
  8. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

No doubt Gen I feel you man. Its like Teddy Roosevelt said when asked about the race problem during the Nadir, to paraphrase "I don't know what to do about them, but I feel we should all treat each other like men, based on the merits of our actions and character, etc"..

Many white people have no idea what our government and other governments around the world are doing to poor people of all ethnicities all around the world. What Dr. Anderson is trying to explain is that so called "reverse racism" is really a joke, as its powerless in the grand scheme of things. Never in American history have black people been able to get together an lynch a white man, or wholesale deny white people jobs, or miseducate and misdiagnose a large portion of white youth.

The honest truth is we still own and control the same amount of wealth as when we were "emancipated", bro.

You are correct, the Jews have faced persecution in spades, but they now also have their own very powerful and influential nation, a large say in the world's banking affairs, and they have received reparations.

If they gave black people reparations tomorrow, the US economic system would collapse or some shit, they don't owe that money to china bro they owe it to slaves and the descendants of slaves.

Look i feel bad that the white kid you grew up with had to endure all that. in alot of places, poor white people got it just as bad as niggas. but the thing is, at the end of the day, many white people would still rather be white than be in my black ass shoes. Just to know they are part of the "ruling race".

look man, no one is calling the chinese in chinatown racists, even though they only look to build with each other, same goes with all the other races, they all look after their own first. Arabs for the Arab, Asian for the Asian, Jews for the Jew, etc. when they do these things its all good, but if I am looking to hire black first, im called a reverse racist. what kind of shit is that?

at the end of the day i feel you. people are people and we should find constructive ways to come together. but throwing black people under the bus for being so called "racist" against whites lol please.

If Im "racist" towards a white guy, worse that happens is he might get his feelings hurt.

If white guys are racist towards me, worse that could happen is I get arrested, or beat up, or lynched, or dragged through the back woods of Alabama and no one cares, or shot while wearing a suspicious hoodie.

oh and the white guy gets a slap on the wrist. If that.

Cmon man, the growth rate for blacks in this country has been at like 0 percent for years. Why is that? cuz we be fucking.. so why are the mexicans now starting to outnumber us?! is it cuz we've been replaced as the go-to cheap labor source for America...? i think so

anyways this was too much rambling, i got a verse to write, but this is not an attack at you Gen my man cuz i agree with like all the truth you just dropped man, real talk
    test
  9. AliceHouse

IAmBent, you're like the opposite of LP. I agree with him theologically, but me and him disagree politically. Whereas with you, we agree politically and disagree theologically.

Very interesting.
    test
  10. AliceHouse

I post first, then I watch later!

[youtube]32hgzIGBa6g[/youtube]
    test
  11. Gen The God

Gen The God The Life or Death Poet

I agree with your sentiments in general, I just don't agree that Black people can't be racist just because we can't go out and enforce our sentiments upon White people without more severe consequences, that's all. The consequences of one's actions have nothing to do with whether or not what someone did is racist or not; that's my line of separation. Some of the most racist people in general are old Black men, just for the simple fact that they've experienced the worst of the worst in good ole' America during and prior to the Civil rights movement. And yea, I know how frustrating it can be to see a White person slacking off because they don't know how good they have it. You got 3 or 4 2nd chances to get your shit together whereas I only got 1 (2 if I'm rich). There's nothing fair about it.

All I'm saying is that we need to come together as a people and really make a concerted effort to raise our children better and be leaders in our communities. I'ma keep it real. The Jews have acquired power and influence over the years and having white skin without a doubt made that somewhat easier to attain, despite their beliefs, and that trumps all in this world we live in. They've kept a strong community and taken advantage of that fact, and there's nothing wrong with that. All I'm saying is that we as a people need to focus on building a damn plan and executing it (like the Jews, Asians, Latinos, Arabs). So I agree with you that it's bullshit not to be able to hire a Black person 1st when the numbers are already so skewed against us in the workforce. Why can other races "keep it in the family" but we are racist when we do the same....fuck outta here with that.

I'm just not a big fan of generalizations, true or not, being applied as a "one size fits all" equation to White people. I'll call a person out on being racist if they show those are their true colors, but I don't like having pre-concieved notions about a person. That in itself is being pre-biased and/or racist.

Word up, I disagree with you that Blacks can't be racist. Other than that, I pretty much see eye to eye with you on everything else....no offense taken.
    test
  12. IAmBenT

LOL!! wow i had not noticed that, so true.

@Gen no doubt man, no offense of course, i feel too that blacks across the diaspora we should all just focus on building man. we don't gotta all see eye to eye on everything, but when one of us gets mistreated, we all come together in a meaningful way (not no damn march, marches ain't done shit that I can tell since Civil Rights, back then they were united and going hard, now the march shows up on tv and gets forgotten the next day).

but im not about to post another wall of text lol just kick back and watch this AliceHouse video real quick. PEACE!!
    test
  13. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  14. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

He said racism didn't start until black enslavement.

That was all I needed to hear in order to classify him as a fucking retard.
    test
  15. IAmBenT

bro, it took me five minutes to back the good doctor up, on wikipedia of all places.

'Historian Dante A. Puzzo, in his discussion of Aristotle, racism, and the ancient world writes that:

Racism rests on two basic assumptions: that a correlation exists between physical characteristics and moral qualities; that mankind is divisible into superior and inferior stocks. Racism, thus defined, is a modern conception, for prior to the XVIth century there was virtually nothing in the life and thought of the West that can be described as racist. To prevent misunderstanding a clear distinction must be made between racism and ethnocentrism [...] The Ancient Hebrews, in referring to all who were not Hebrews as Gentiles, were indulging in ethnocentrism, not in racism. [...] So it was with the Hellenes who denominated all non-Hellenes——whether the wild Scythians or the Egyptians whom they acknowledged as their mentors in the arts if civilization——Barbarians, the term denoting that which was strange or foreign. "

Slave trade really got cracking around 1400s in europe before the discovery of the new world. you gotta convince yourselves the enslaved are subhuman and its a righteous thing to whip, rape, exploit and explode people
    test
  16. AliceHouse

^And the thing is, slavery outside of Europe still existed. But it wasn't based on enslaving people with inherent inferior qualities, but rather that through warfare and conquering other people.
    test
  17. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

i like how - whites now say - slavery was just an ecnomic move it wasn't about Racism
    if that's the case
    why the Jim Crow Laws after slavery was abolished?

answer? - Cause it was always about Racism
    test
  18. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Of course because wikipedia is an acceptable reference for any sort of academic pursuit.

How about Egyptian enslavement of the Hebrews?

But keep listening to what one random dood was quoted as saying on frickin wikipedia.
    test
  19. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

no solid proof - jews were enslaved in egypt
    test
  20. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

The Egypt and the Hebrews.

The Caste System in India.
    test