Smackdown moving to SyFy this fall

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by masterragu, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

Mynetwork is terrible, so hell ya.
    test
  2. Diasick

Diasick this guy

dam cant get that shit for free no more
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Fuck...I don't even know what channel SyFy is on. My Network TV was easier to remember
    test
  4. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

it'll still be just smackdown
    test
  5. masterragu

For anyone else does Mynetwork come in like shit? Their signal is terrible.
    test
  6. Diasick

Diasick this guy

if you have cable its fine
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

it does on smackdown, doesn't with local sports. It's almost like Smackdown is taped in HD and then My Network TV takes that converts it down to SD but a really bad transfer..You get pixelation at times and all this shit..Seems like a bad transfer or conversion
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

I got FIOS and Smackdown still looks fucked up and it's the only fucked up looking shit on My Network TV. It reminds me of video that was compressed for the web.
    test
  9. N A S T Y

it looks like ass
    test
  10. N A S T Y

i have cable.... it looks like shit
    test
  11. Diasick

Diasick this guy

all the channels are now on a computer type signal sense the switch to digital.. they do this so if you don't pay your bill they can just shut you off from the computer instead of coming out to do it.. thats what the new filters are for there installing on your box.

your cable is now automated so if your one minute late no cable lmao, and if you pay it the computer sees it and restores automatically...
    test
  12. Nam Dekan

Digital boxes have been around for a while now and I dunno who you are with but your cable won't shut off if your a minute late. I have been late with Fios, Comcast and Charter and none of them are like that. They have been able to shut it off from a remote location for awhile now. They even did that back when I had sattelite back in the late 90's. But yeah I've had a digital box for the last 10 years and it's always been operated from a remote location.

What your talking about has nothing to do with why Smackdown looks like ass. It's obviously some sort of down convert or compression from HD that is making it look bad. I down convert and compress all the time and never had video look so bad. If you watch other My Network TV programming it's not that bad. Something in the process if fucking it up.

But yeah all the programming now is digitized, our station completly switched from D9 to streaming the program from a server but we've never had something look so bad as Smackdown. Even programming we get from outside locations.
    test
  13. Diasick

Diasick this guy

they used to give me a few months to pay but every sense they cut the analog signal everyone is forced to get cable so there more strict and want there money on time.. they installed filters on our boxes so they can do it automatically... if you got cable recently they put them in.. i am with insight communications
    test
  14. masterragu

I've been late a few times lately, and Comcast hasn't shut me off.
    test
  15. Nam Dekan

you aren't forced to get cable, you can get the digital converter box, you know the things they sent coupons out for. Digital boxes have been controlled from a remote location for awhile now. That's not new. Maybe your place is strict, but Verizon and Comcast let you get behind by at least a month or so.

But none of that has to do with how shitty Smackdown looks
    test
  16. Diasick

Diasick this guy

Those digital converter boxes don't work i had to of them, and i know they have been like that for awhile but they have just shut the analog signal off and now everyone has to have digital in order to watch tv.. if you don't pay for cable you simply don't get to watch tv. there forcing everyone to get cable out here... and without cable you get no channels sense they shut of analog signals.... and if i don't pay my cable will be shut of a minute after the deadline.. because its set automatically.
    test
  17. Nam Dekan

my friend doesn't have cable and still gets local. you don't need cable! You either need A. A converter box, which do work. or B. Get a new TV, which my friend has and can watch television! The signals are digital, and all you need is a converter box for analog televisions or a new television.

Smackdown still looks like shit...
    test
  18. Diasick

Diasick this guy

i have a $2500 tv and those boxes they give coupons didn't even work when my cable got cut off, and i talked to hundreds of people that said theres didn't work either
    test
  19. Nam Dekan

You got a 2500 dollar digital tv that couldn't receive a digital signal? My friend has a 300 dollar digital tv and he gets digital signals from local stations...

But what does this have to do with Smackdown looking like shit? Or do you like talking about your 2500 dollar TV?
    test
  20. Diasick

Diasick this guy

my tv has internet access lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.