Battle Video Smack/ URLtv Presents Serius Jones vs Charlie Clips

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Met-A-Forikal, Oct 15, 2012.

?

Who do you think won?

1. Serius Jones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Charlie Clips

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too close to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Bitches Love Soda

And dead @ Clips making the "tec dance" multiple times in this battle.
    test
  2. wizworld

wizworld How can you be mad at me?

The audio made me think Clips might have won the first round, but I feel a lot differently now that the video is out. Watching this now, Jones had a few misses in the 1st but his haymakers were much stronger. In addition Jones used body language very effectively during Clips first, which took some of the sting out of his punches. Charlie actually has to adjust his style now that some of his templates has been exposed. Might even have to lay low for a while, he could get the Tech 9 treatment if he's not careful.
    Clips got the 2nd, but not by as much as the crowd dictated. Jones started off with a mediocre rebuttal, and the crowd went on to ignore most of his quality material. Yeah he took some mediocre angles but nothing bad enough to boo.
    Not sure how the crowd thought Jones 3rd was that much hotter than his 2nd. It all came down to momentum really, Jones 3rd was average but Clips had just messed up badly.

Jones 2-1 but both of them ran out of steam by the end.

Charlie has to pick his next opponent very carefully. He shouldn't battle anyone who is well liked as I think the a lot of battle fans have gotten tired of him and want to see him take a bad loss.
    test
  3. Mr. Maverick

Mr. Maverick Future Top Tier

One thing I know for sure, Clips DAMN sure should not battle Hollow next if he doesn't switch up alot of his material. If he does Hollow will decisively massacre him.
    test
  4. wizworld

wizworld How can you be mad at me?

Clips probably should take a break from URL period, he's in position to take a really big fall.
    Battle in KOTD, battle in Don't Flop, do some one-rounders against up and comers for bread, maybe see if he can battle Ars on the next UW card.
    Then after he's made the rounds come back to URL.
    test
  5. Mr. Maverick

The problem all this time is he didn't NEED to switch his stuff up because was so called 'bodying' Top Tier rappers with it so why change it? People gassed him saying he was the best in URL etc and now he's screwed because his bars have been exposed so badly.

I honestly don't know what he can do, he definitely needs to try other leagues or something before he battles again and hone his style some more because the game is changing further now.

There wasn't so much emphasis on bars before but now, if you don't have something serious or different you will be left behind.

Clips should be happy that this battle happened, because if he went from Big T to a Hollow it would have looked ugly for him. At least he should know that he has to do something different now.
    test
  6. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

170k in less than 24 hours? Wowwwww Smack is doing crazy well
    test
  7. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

I am surprised it took this long.
    it really shouldnt have taken this long for people to get tired of clips.
    I was tired of clips by last years summer madness.

Hes got to be more dimensional cause people should know the blueprint.
    it sucks that it took a legend in serius coming back to finally hit him in the mouth. dont understand why people didnt approach the match the way serius did
    test
  8. Mr. Maverick

The signs have been there that Clips wasn't as good as everyone thought for a while now.

His battles have limited replay value for....some reason.

He never beats anyone who was spitting at their best (Verb at SM, X Factor rapping with no enthusiasm, Big T wasn't the same one that battled Surf, Hitman, even Hollow).

He wins battles with presence and charisma but Tech 9 proved that can only take you so far.

This is the dangers of being gassed up after a few battles. Clips was put at the top of the card after 2 or so battles where most would have had 4-5 just to prove themselves, hone their skills, look at Verb, Hollow, Hitman for the best examples.

End of the day, Clips can go 2 ways, either change his material, try other leagues, build his resume up and come back and build a legitimate argument for that Top Spot or face getting beat decisively cos that's where he's going.
    test
  9. ChopChoiceBeats

ChopChoiceBeats a.k.a ESKIMO SPLIF

I'm shocked some people actually enjoyed this battle. I thought it was pure doo-doo.
    test
  10. haze skunk

haze skunk Member

yeah the whole event was a swing and a miss tbh

but horrible angles, horrible crowd, horrible crowd/stage control , horrible performances,
    The stage at some points looked like royal rumble match

let me tell you something though smack was smart for saving those JC VS chilla and Swave VS Suge battles for rainy day to keep the fans interested

at least some fans, coz probably there's someone lost hope and faith in battling after the event lol
    test
  11. iDealaeDi

iDealaeDi New Member

clips isnt garbage....and he wasnt garbage in this battle except for the end of round 3, calm down people, just because somebody loses a battle doesnt make them all of a sudden trash.
    test
  12. ChiTowns Finest

ChiTowns Finest New Member

Jones bodied Clips 3-0. 2nd rd was debateable, but I still give it to Jones!
    test
  13. Mr. Maverick

Oh ok so you think he wasn't trash.

But don't you think he was / is extremely predictable and one dimensional with his style in this battle and his others?
    test
  14. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Bitches Love Soda

They started booing him during his played Brooklyn Nets scheme because one of his rhymes ended with "lost the bet" and they already knew where he was going with it. :funny:
    test
  15. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

This nigga charlie said he likes jail
    i think people are starting to notice the bullshit he says
    that dna shit was extra wack smh during that moment in battle

"this charlie likes jail"

and that was during that "awesome" second round you like to praise
    test
  16. uuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuu DOUG MUNNIE ~EZmunnieCLIQ

i was wondering why he likes jail....
    test
  17. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

i heard he likes to buy soap .. extra slippery
    test
  18. haze skunk

haze skunk Member

CHARLIE CLIPS ‏@CHARLIECLIPS
    SO now that everybody saying I beat Jones 2-1 who should I battle next??? I want a war! no more commercial battles

lol delusional smh
    test
  19. Dear Diary

Dear Diary Well-Known Member

yeah you're right, losing one battle doesn't all of a sudden make him trash.

he's BEEN trash for a while now.
    test
  20. Met-A-Forikal

Met-A-Forikal Time, cunt!

That's the thing about many of these Smack rappers. No humility, never admit when they lose. I know Clips doesn't mean everyone when he tweets that, but that would mean a large majority of people said he won that battle, and I'm pretty sure he's going mostly off his Twitter followers gassing him up, as Twitter followers do all performers they follow. He needs to venture out of his own comfort zone to get the actual pulse and general opinion from the audience of this battle.

Since it wasn't a Jones 3-0 body though, Clips can claim that shit and not look completely stupid. C'est la vie.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.