Battle Video Smack/UrlTv Presents: JC vs Chilla Jones

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by gholland, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who Won?

1. JC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chilla Jones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. too tough to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Maverick

Mr. Maverick Future Top Tier

Chilla was actually amazing.....JC was just better all around.

Chilla really does get better each battle though....I can see why Aye Verb is interested in taking him for a battle.

That Julian - Nail U J scheme was probably the craziest thing I heard this year though if I'm honest.
    test
  2. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

Hey Maverick, I guess this dude is chilla jones too right? What, did I sign up for 2 accounts?

Listen.... on first LISTEN, I actually gave the battle to JC 2-1!!!!.... I swear to god on my momma life I did... I gave it to JC 2-1.... Never heard of either of these dudes before....

After the 2nd listen... I had to give it to chilla jones in a VERY CLOSE battle.. by a milimeter....

On the 10th listen ++++ Jones got it in the most competitive "landslide" of all time (other rapper was ridiculous).....

Anyone who says chilla lost didn't get half his shit probably... I'm glad ppl coming to their senses now... Chilla Jones is on some other shit lyrically... JC did the best he could be he did not win 1 round.

Its funny to me uuuuuuuuu... You say chilla style get boring... Well JC style I can hear from yung ill, the old mook, surf, DNA and a thousand other rappers.. but that yellin shit dont get old? But associative wordplay do right?

Like this guy said... Chilla's crowd control and calm, laid back flow is what sets him apart... If he spit his bars yelling, it would ruin everything he does...

Chilla Jones 3-0!

If you look at the early youtube comments, most said JC.... (they watched 1 time, impulse reaction like me)...

Look at the latest comments... Almost everybody got Chilla.... it is what it is... His shit got replay value... He changing battle rap like he said in his verse, its some shit you got to study..
    test
  3. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

"Been watching this everyday since it dropped. Chilla got this 3-0. JC had the biggest crowd reaction with 'no matter how black planet'..which is my favorite shyt...but Chilla's schemed on this nigga, JC never planned for that. Get it?"

"I'm gonna keep it funky..I watched this battle 22 times..twice in full and the other 20 was strictly for Chilla's rounds!!!!!! Not taking anything from JC..he got busy BUT Chilla's schemes and wordplay...sheeeeeeeeeseeeeeee*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!!*!!!!! How the fuck does he put words and schemes together like that???"

"jc 3rd round was hard but i thhink chilla got a bodybag"

"after reawatchin this theres no way jc won chilla is just too nicee"

Damn Maverick, I guess I'm making hundreds of Youtube accounts too right?
    test
  4. uuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuu DOUG MUNNIE ~EZmunnieCLIQ

i am not going to take any opinions from utube comments lol come on now

and yea chilla did get boring... every time he started a new scheme like that i rolled my eyes

"jc.... u are silky" *rolls eyes* "... cuz u soft... and ima perSUADE u" *rolls eyes* *predicts other fabrics he will use*

its a personal taste thing, i really am NOT feeling that any more

i accept that a lot/most battle rap fans are going banoodles for that type of writing because i cant be a hater in the minority... i have other rappers to hate on cuz chilla is tolerable and clever when he does other types of bars
    test
  5. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

Hey uuuuuu... Would you at least say this... Look at somebody else who does schemes, aka, Charlie Clips...

This is what sets them apart:

-Chilla has 7 to 10 wordplays in his schemes... not just 4 or 5.... The more he goes on, the more impressive it is.

-Chilla blends in personals / punchlines / creative disses in his schemes... Its not just saying some shit just to say it all the time. (babyface on the blackstreet, nail u j etc)

-Chilla has amazing crowd control...He'll break off a scheme to get applause... And then come back and say some more shit in the scheme, when another rapper would have been done with it (JC tried to clown him on that, but the longer he goes, the sicker it is)

-Chilla strings his schemes together like a huge story... If you pay close attention... He did the whole JC scheme (julius ceaser).... then stringed that into the Bible scheme with JESUS CHRIST (still JC)... and went into a whole nother scheme and ended it with Nail U J.... Then the next scheme said he got a big CONFESSION (like a church confession) that he gets head from JC girl every Sunday (sunday, still sorta church.. its a stretch.. but he's stringing them along)... Will you admit that NO ONE does this like he does?

-Chilla's schemes... the wordplay's he uses are not just nouns or verbs like most dudes... his shits are nouns, verbs, transition words, conjunctions and every other fuckin thing you can think of in the English Language (sorry, I wasnt good in English to name them all)...

After you look at all of this, if you don't see Jones in another light vs other scheme users.. you are basically saying he will never win a battle and should quit rapping, and I don't think thats fair.

At least give me that, that all of the above is true.... There are schemes.... and then their are Chilla Jones schemes... his shit shouldn't even be categorized with the other dudes....

It's like comparing battery acid to some nuclear warhead gel or some shit.... it's both a toxic liquid, but its not the same shit bro.
    test
  6. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

And why wouldn't you take the youtube comments seriously? They human bro, lol
    test
  7. Onescent

Onescent New Member

This was the nicest battle I've seen in a while. Both guys were charismatic in a different manner. (I.E JC with aggression and Chilla with style)

I felt Chilla took this just based off complexity alone; and even then this battle could still go either way. These guys packed all the battle ground essentials in that short of a time. Amazing battle.
    test
  8. walk with me

walk with me Member

honestly a lot of people don't even like to don't even like to have to break lyrics down like that, people would rather be excited with someone who has aggressive delivery. Hence so many people siding with JC even tho some of his punch lines were lyrically eh (although aggressively delivered)

but fuck this...

why is nobody talking about chilla jones closer?

"so where you from-wait-j dilla and proof state-well ima son you here - lemme reserve that and run through clear - i hear you son - but state proof that you a dilla j - they get weight from you -where

i had it backwards and ran it back fucking bezerk
    so tell m-ciddy thats how you punch in reverse

.... i understand he explained that its the same shit backwards but yo...................

:calvinwtf:
    test
  9. alaroche04

alaroche04 Active Member

actually you're quoting a bar from the middle of the round...Chilla didn't start the round that way, the footage for the first few seconds of Chilla's third got lost
    test
  10. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

Hey bro... That was mean... Maybe the illest shit he did arguably... but this isn't a text battle... So I scored that ok, but not off the scales... Because quite frankly it doesnt translate well in a live battle...

Chilla has PERFECTED spitting the most complex shit in a live setting and still making it work, getting oooh's and ahhhs...

I'm chilla's biggest fan, but that last bar wasn't one of those times, so even I'm not going to harp on it because its simply TOO complex for a live setting... But besides that bar, he has perfected tip toeing that fine line.
    test
  11. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

Chillas 3rd verse didn't get lost... the camera man just had him repeat it... read my post above and you'll see me explain it
    test
  12. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Bitches Love Soda

Timberland/Nike
    Tree Logo/Check Logo
    Face The Tree/Get Chin Checked
    You can choose to get yo ass kicked while you're facing the other way so you won't know when it's coming/You can choose to face me like a man and get yo ass kicked

It really wasn't that difficult to comprehend.
    test
  13. Bladetragic

Bladetragic Member

I believe he said "stomp him but leave him choices, Timberland or Nike, face TO tree or get chin checked".

Some of you are really over thinking that line. The line is simple and the face to tree part is just talking about stomping somebody w/ Timberlands on and putting their face to the tree logo on the boots. It has nothing to do w/ facing the other way or any of that.

Anyway, Chilla's rebuttal was nice as fuck but the people in the crowd fucked it up by interrupting him and it took some of the sting off of it.
    test
  14. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

He's not over thinking it.. He probably just made up that BS on the spot to try and justify how average and weak the Face the tree part was....

The face the tree shit was garbage, just be real... When JC can put in a metaphor in that face the tree part or a common saying, that's when he'll be in the major leagues...

"face the three".... smh
    test
  15. MaestroC

MaestroC New Member

URL is the sickest!

Really dope battle, JC was doin it big
    test
  16. AllNite

AllNite Active Member

That "face the tree" part is not weak. Your reasoning that "it's not a common saying" is what's weak. Watch his battle with GA. The part where he raps about "I could have just said you'd rather die than lose to me". That's a perfect example that JC just has a way of wording things that make them sound dope and he doesn't take the most obvious routes when writing rhymes. I think it's dope and kind of reminds me of the way Lux will word his shit.

If you don't like the line, that's fine. But your reasoning is weak imo.
    test
  17. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

My rhymes come off the top, rope, Change up vowel sounds with my wordplay, how?
    I'm Rock hard, fan favorite, King of the Ring... After you take this People's (e)L... bow

This bar I just wrote is hotter than the "face the tree" / chin check garbage... If you don't understand, you really shouldn't be on this board...

Peoples Elbow = Well known saying... King of the ring... Well known wrestling event.... Off the top (rope).. Well known saying in rap and wrestling.... If the Rock never named his move the peoples eblow, and I just made the shit up (face the tree), my bars would have been as weak as that "face the tree" bullshit

It's not that my reasoning is weak... Its that my standards are crazy high cus I'm a sick lyricist myself.... I like big macs.. You accept hamburgers with no bun... I like gucci... You ok with phat farm.... I'm a Beyonce type of guy... You seem like you might be cool with some head from precious...

So, this isn't my opinion, but a fact: don't tell me my reasoning is weak, just remember your standards are lower than mine.
    test
  18. AllNite

AllNite Active Member

Not only is your reasoning weak but now I see you're also delusional as well. Not only are you trying to say your opinion is fact, but you actually think what you wrote is better than "face the tree". LMFAO, is this real life? That "L....bow" line wasn't forced at all. Nah not at all. As you said, you're a "sick lyricist". Does it ever hurt when you bang your "L...bow" real hard on something? hahahaha foh b.

You're obviously a sick lyricist tho. You should go on URL and body JC.

:smackusure:
    test
  19. johnjohn41

johnjohn41 New Member

Has to be a troll...he also said jc would 3-0 hollow da don :funny:
    test
  20. uuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuu DOUG MUNNIE ~EZmunnieCLIQ

:smackusure:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.