Battle Video Smack/UrlTv Presents: JC vs Chilla Jones

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by gholland, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who Won?

1. JC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chilla Jones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. too tough to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BootyWarrior

BootyWarrior New Member

:idontbelieveu2:
    test
  2. kublaikhanjohn

kublaikhanjohn Well-Known Member

that was awesome. the crowd made it so much better too. reminder small venues can be dope. they both super duper killed it to me. the batman line was nuts, chillas jesus scheme was insane. they flipped each others shit. thats a really, really good battle. good crowd made it hot.

i for one am not tired of chillas style. he actually is clever and smart and believable. they both had dope old school really clever punchlines. he isnt redundant like all of sons. again he is believable....soooo....not like anyone in sons.
    test
  3. Tapedeck1

Tapedeck1 New Member

Word. Thanks Bro. In this case is Like a Mixtape track being called a "Freestyle".
    test
  4. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

I signed up for this board just to respond to this thread...

You know you saying you don't give points for associative wordplay is basically saying the battle is GARBAGE and that Chilla shouldn't be battle rapping and will NEVER win a battle in his life.... You do understand that right?

I'm gonna tell you why thats bullshit in a second
    test
  5. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

You can look at chilla jones vs JC like football...

JC is a passing team... Goes for the long ball everytime, hail marry's (his haymaker blows)...

Jones is more of a ground and pound, running team... He might take a little longer to get to the end zone with his wordplay, but he gets there...

Or you can look at it like boxing... JC throws nothing but haymakers... Jones throws jabs then nice solid hooks at the end...

So basically nigga you saying Muhamed ALI is wack and Tyson is the Goat... or that all NFL teams should pass every down... you know how dumb that shit sound? Just cus you don't like something dont mean you shouldn't score it like it deserves to be scored.

Chilla won that battle 3-0, pretty comfortably for anybody who isn't gassed by JC... He had more punchlines, lessfiller, some of the craziest schemes in battle rap history... Anybody who appreciate skills knows Chilla won hands down..

I see a lot of niggas talking bout Chilla performance / stage presence be lacking.... Again, yall want every nigga to yell, scream, act hard... Like Mook, T Rex, Yung Ill, Hitman Holla etc etc etc? So I guess tim duncan is worse than KG right?

Think on that shit... And you know Chilla won this battle, hands down.

Woah
    test
  6. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

Its funny everybody trying to clown dude about the chin check line.... The funny thing is, the bar is some bullshit, but not for the reason he's asking.... I'll explain...

Give him options, face the tree, or Chin Check him....

Chin Check him... Thats a common saying, we all know why that part is hard...

But face the tree? What the FUCK is that? That isn't a metaphor, thats some bullshit... If somehow Face The Tree was a common saying like "chin Check", or if face the tree and chin check some how tied in together, it would have been 1 of, if not the hardest line of all time...

But he had a half way punchline, thats really some bullshit, that yall are gassing....

"Face the tree"? ...............

Thats like Tyson throwing a mean right hook (chin check) but then come back and swing with his left arm but the shit broke (face the tree)...
    test
  7. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

If he had worked some shit like:

I brought my baseball bat and 2 pair of Kicks, Timbaland and Nike...
    So I'll give em options, Make him face the tree, Face the tree, or chin check him...
    That's why he don't like me...

Just through some shit together real quick, didn't try to make it perfect... But you see where I'm getting to... Face the Tree, Face the tree... Would be swinging the bat / stomping him with timbs... Would have been cold blooded then...

But face the tree isn't a common line, so it's garbage.
    test
  8. BootyWarrior

BootyWarrior New Member

not everything needs to be a double entendre for it to be a dope line, the crowd overreacted heavily but it was still hard.
    test
  9. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

Well my point is, it was an average punchline... Niggas in this thread and others act like it was the greatest shit they ever heard.... The flip and tell line was the hardest line he spit in the battle...

Get aHEAD he FLIP and TAIL thats what CHANGE do...

You have 4 things there... Entendre, if thats the fancy way to say it... that was ill.... The chin check / face the tree was trash...

Keep in mind, we are judging this battle on some all time great shit... To be all time great, you gotta have multiple meanings in everything, not some bullshit like face the tree.. That's pop warner shit, lets be real.
    test
  10. Mr. Maverick

Mr. Maverick Future Top Tier

Chilla Jones won 3-0 now? But even 2-1. 3-0???

I can't honestly listen to anyone's opinion who honestly thinks Chilla beat JC 3-0.
    test
  11. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

Oh, and for anybody saying the opening to Chilla's 3rd round got cut off...

It did, but they just got him to say it again....

Notice the ppl in the background saying "total" and "2ks" before chilla even say it (when we get to see it)...

and notice mook and other niggas not even paying attention till after the whole RNB scheme... because they already heard it.. The camera man must have fucked up and just told chilla to say it again to get it on tape....

Yea, I watched the shit like 20 times.... sue me.
    test
  12. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

Go through it BAR FOR BAR....

Listen, JC would have MURDERED anybody else on this night... But Chilla was on some godly shit. I understand why niggas don't like schemes, but chilla has perfected the shit.. They not garbage and forced like most other cats...

Chilla like a pitcher who has perfected the knuckle ball ... Tim Wakefield...

A lot of other pitchers do the shit, it just dont work.. He do the shit, it's golden... But you cant hate on that man because that's his specialty... Everybody aint gonna be Randy Johnson and throw 95mph Fastballs..

As far as why Chilla won, go through punch for punch...

Chilla spits 85% non filler..

JC spits 60% non filler...

That extra 25% is chilla schemes setting up his punchlines... and thats the difference in the niggas... He is constantly coming at you with some witty shit, while 95% of other URL rappers just say some bullshit for they set ups
    test
  13. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

Here is my explanation of the battle and the scoring.... Keep in mind nobody at Summer Madness 2 would have a verse that reach 180 points when looking at JC scores.... keep that in mind... (translation... JC 3rd verse would have beating any verse at summer madness 2)

JC: 139 -- 154 -- 188

CJ: 155.5 --- 175 -- 204

Again, both rappers started at 100 points... Seriously, BAR FOR BAR, Chilla Mopped him every round by at least 1 Haymaker punch (10 points)... This is the first 3-0 battle that the other rapper was incredible...

Even if you give JC 10 points automatically each round for having better delivery / performance.... He STILL loses every round... Give him 15 points automatically... He STILL loses every round...

JC is Ice cold.. Would have murdered anybody else on this Night... But Chilla Jones wordplay is in another stratosphere.
    test
  14. Mr. Maverick

Mr. Maverick Future Top Tier

Hello Chilla Jones.

Welcome to RM.
    test
  15. uuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuu DOUG MUNNIE ~EZmunnieCLIQ

@woahdolla i respect that technicality and thoughtfulness

thing is... chilla just does it too much.. if he didnt do it too much he wouldnt have people like myself backlashing on him for using it soooo much..

you had crazy points maybe i will rewatch with a fresh mind !
    test
  16. woahdolla

woahdolla New Member

I just watched the battle for the 25th time.... Just caught this after the Mildew / Grimey / Filthy Scheme:

Chill too creative to lose
    I'm a straight threat
    You BEAT 'Raw'?
    Now they thinkin you 'ill'?
    Well I'm the AIDS Test

Beat raw = fucked raw.... caught aids.. he's aids test...

Yo... when you really think about it... Chilla jones is the greatest lyricst, probably in rap history, not just smack history... I respect complexity and bars, thats why his shit is goat to me...

I had to youtube "jc vs raw" just to get the punchline... I could barely here it over the laughing...

No matter what you guys say, I GUARANTEE it's at least 20% of Chilla's verse, AT LEAST, that you didn't get on the first go round.... even 5 times, you sitll missed something...

You may not want to admit it, but you did... I'm a lyricist at heart (I'll go head up with anybody in a text battle if you think I'm shittin), and I simply don't catch everything dude say (well part of that is me not knowing JC battled raw, but it is what it is)...

This dude lyrics is on some other shit bros... Need to appreciate that man and just be glad he bringing something different... Everybody cant rap the same way... Jordan and Shaq 2 polar opposites but both amazing...

Think on that.
    test
  17. BootyWarrior

BootyWarrior New Member

this tbh
    test
  18. walk with me

walk with me Member

chilla jones bars >> JC bars
    JC presence & energy >> Chilla Jones presence

depends on what you like but chilla got off IMO... 3-0 but all rounds were close as shit and i wouldn't be upset at someone saying 3-0 the other way or even a draw. I'm more of a bars guy and i actually think Chilla is slick with his crowd control he leaves you hanging then hits you with some crazy shit

edit: I think the large majority siding with JC is just a quick reaction after first watch and seeing JC energy.... but everyoen slept and didn't listen to what Chilla was saying and how he controls the crowd
    test
  19. Nick Vayne

Nick Vayne Well-Known Member

Just watched this. Chilla got this man

the little dude is dope but way too overhyped
    test
  20. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Just watched this battle...

Probably the battle of the year, truthfully....

Alot of associative wordplay, but it was just of a higher calibre....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.