Battle Video SMACK/URL TV Presents: Real Deal vs. B-Magic

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by since83, Jun 18, 2012.

?

Who won?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2012.
  1. Real Deal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B-Magic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too close

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

Even your bitch put cheese on this cracker so i'm heading to the Ritz to the pound

sheesh
    test
  2. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

2-1 real deal. dope battle.
    test
  3. MeanVerbs

MeanVerbs Aka VerbsNotNice

RD caught a body tbh
    test
  4. SVolmont

SVolmont Smile for me

Real Deal won. Dope battle. I'm gonna show this one to my mother.
    test
  5. My Kall

My Kall Well-Known Member

Controversially I called this a draw. Real Deal worked the audience brilliantly, he covered a more interesting array of topics and he really made a mockery of B-Magic, he was more degrading. However B-Magic was better bar for bar, I actually liked all of B-Magic's word-play and similies, they weren't forced, and he delivered them with alot of style and personality. I didn't understand all of Real Deal's haymakers, sometimes when the crowd went crazy I was thinking "what are they getting so excited for?" But the originality and thoughtfulness of his concepts distinguish him from other good battlers, for example I'm not sure B-Magic could think up something as innovative as Trevor's "crip vs blue collar worker" comparison.

Both guys did great, so I'm suprised the polls are so one-sided. I'll definitely check out B-Magic in the future, he's talented enough to be a huge name, providing URL dosn't become too overpopulated like GT and KOTD.
    test
  6. FreshToDeath

FreshToDeath ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╤──

Great replay value on this battle. B Magic's best performance imo.
    test
  7. MattHouston

MattHouston Future Favorite Rapper

KOTD fans preach listen to the bars when url fans hate on bender.
    URL fans say he's boring.

Then B-magic's boring with a much more predictable and played approach....and all of the sudden its listen to the bars.

I don't understand.
    test
  8. FreshToDeath

FreshToDeath ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╤──

Ignorant double standards / biased fan-bases etc.. bars should be appreciated regardless. playing favorite is weak.
    test
  9. MattHouston

MattHouston Future Favorite Rapper

People use the most ridiculous trains of thought to justify their opinions lol.

Good post.
    test
  10. TheGodOfPez

TheGodOfPez Whiskey for breakfast

Replay value IMO
    test
  11. SunTzu mafuka

SunTzu mafuka Member

wow this battle was great!

Real Deal always got some crazy angles that hit hard.
    and B magic went in all 3 rounds.

top 10 battles of 2012
    test
  12. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

this is how I feel about a lot of URL battlers

brings out their sense of humor a lot more imo. DNA's performances vs Eurgh/Dizaster/Rone were much more entertaining to me than his other battles. Same with Cortez against Hollohan. A lot of people don't like the style clashes but those are always my favorite type of battles, cats from different walks of like have way more of a vantage point to clown each other from.

B-Magic had some lines in this that had me dying. That who let the police in this shit was hilarious. His bars are crazy too/ really tight rhyme schemes.

Real Deal killed it too that was one of the best debut's in URL. You could say he played the race card too much but he did it in a way that was fitting and specific to his character imo(teacher/blue collar job/not a gangbanger etc). Either way every round was fire. Thought he edged the battle but it was definitely close.

Would really like to see Real Deal vs John John next, I think that'd be a great main event.
    test
  13. serge

serge Well-Known Member

I'm just glad that B Magic reminded me that RD was white every bar or 2. I mean, I've met RD, I can see the guy in the video and when I walked away while the vid was playing, I could hear his voice, but it's still pretty easy to forget, you know? Magic was cool for that, tbh.
    test
  14. ilikedrugs

ilikedrugs TheCrackTheDopeTheIce

I thought it was a good battle, not a bodybag but I think Real Deal won. I don't like how much he played the non-shooting, good job, white guy role. I even thought the way he was talking was to make him sound more white. I don't think he'd be able to continue that in more URL battles and pull off wins. But he did get this one. I thought both had some cringeworthy shit though, and liked a lot of Magic's wordplay.

I gotta know the bars Real Deal had for the end of his third. The people need to know!
    test
  15. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Real Deal reminded you every bar or 2 as well lml
    test
  16. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

:drakecheese:
    test
  17. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Real Shit!
    test
  18. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

B Magic seemed a little shook that RD was getting better reactions.
    His third seemed kinda rushed. He needs a little more confidence in his delivery, which is what I actually think worked for RD.
    Very good battle though.
    test
  19. MyKe SeaN

Exactly!!!

He just made it tougher for himself the next go around. I prefer Soul Khan's approach more. Soul Khan's '227' reference >>>>>
    test
  20. MyKe SeaN

I think B mafuckin Magic is confident. He seems like a laid back guy but has definitely became more aggressive and added more personality to his shit. I wasn't expecting the "Howdy partner, lets get a beer look" from him.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.