SMACK / URL PRESENTS: SOUL KHAN vs J FOX

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by mapleleaf, Feb 15, 2011.

?

Who Won?

1. J FOX

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SOUL KHAN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paranormalezac

paranormalezac awkward as fuck

That chant man, that was just over the top lol.
    test
  2. Gaz Ghost ESQ

Gaz Ghost ESQ New Member

Knew this was gonna b a bodybag. Foxx 0 cadence/flow w/ the the swagger of a rotting corpse....imo Khan's been on a decline since his 7/30 battle but his performance crazy b/c he knows exactly wat the crowd wants 2 hear/see
    test
  3. SuomiMetal

SuomiMetal \m/

Fucking wow.
    test
  4. Lamel2g

Lamel2g New Member

SK first was great, the rest of the battle was ass. Fox is terrible, his delivery is actually worse then Heartless'. Shotgun Suge would destroy that nigga. Con should stop reppin' SONS, them nigga's wack.
    test
  5. ILLEATYAFACE

ILLEATYAFACE New Member

test
  6. MAKOTO.

MAKOTO. HACK DETECTOR

LOL damn. the white suit was definitely not necessary.

2 lines i recall the most from that rape.

"Hes the only dude to make a chick go black, and then go back"

"His girls puss looks like a cosby sweater"

i kinda felt bad for Fox tbh
    test
  7. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

damn that was one sided
    test
  8. RealDeal412

RealDeal412 New Member

Yikes....I give Fox credit though for getting through his shit man, not easy to do. That being said, crowd or no crowd I thought the winner was kind of clear here. Khan's NY shit in the first was real dope.
    test
  9. Tiger Ty Fan

Tiger Ty Fan Tiger Circle Blackbelt

Lol, who was that white broad, holy fuck her projection beats both Khan's & Fox's. Pretty annoying too. Soul Khan is definitely top tier when it comes to catering to crowds. Not necessarily in a Hollow da Don way but still gets the job done.

Fox man.... Lol it feels like NY set you up to get shitted upon on the most respected stage in battle rap. Crowd was just waiting to eat you alive.

Soul Khan was controlling the crowd like I've never seen before on URL, fucking crazy.
    test
  10. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

yea its totally true that people on rapmusic.com love soul khan and dont realize that he can be just as corny as a dna.... the fact is.. when ur spitting punchlines for a living ur bound to have some corny ones... the crowd did react to alot of them tho.. so it can be confusing.. when i say for a living i just mean on a regular basis

i was shocked at some of khans wordplay... i liked his first round but it still wasnt great.. and his second and third were doodie
    test
  11. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

Khans third was arguably the worst round in URL ever
    test
  12. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Word. The part where he didn't even try but got the crowd to chant his name on some "Made you look" shit was weak as hell......
    test
  13. IKNOWMORE

IKNOWMORE New Member

this is a real ass assessment. I dont know I just see this guy with great delivery and presence but average rapping and writing. Its hard to become a better rapper but for some reason I keep expecting him to live up to the hype and write so much better. Everybody was telling me this shit was monumental and I was like cant wait to see his performance then I did and I was let down.
    test
  14. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

honestly his best performance is the deacon frost shit... and that was really dope... even the qp battle i thought alot of his shit was underwhelming... i did think he won the battle tho.. just not by nearly as much as most people did.... i think khan is a good battler tho... i just think theyre are people alot better... i still think real deal has yet to be beaten
    test
  15. IKNOWMORE

IKNOWMORE New Member

wow damn somebody sees what I am seeing. I always say that Khan vs QP is way closer than people like to admit. Then everybody goes crazy on me. I feel the same way he is a good battler. Just not in this stratosphere people try to put him in. I definitely see why people have him as one of there favorites but dont see why people say he is something like top 5. I dont know about that real deal johnny storm was on that day even though I hate the way dude raps. Also dont know about that cortez battle shits real close to me. I want to see Real deal in longer rounds to see more rapping and writing skills he is definitely one of my favorites though.
    test
  16. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Khan is an amazing writer. Just because its not the same way that Bender writes or just because he doesn't use a ridiculous amount of wordplay doesn't make it poor writing.

Khan is a fantastic writer in the same way Dumbfoundead is/was. He writes to what he knows will sound dope when he raps it. He knows its going to command a reaction, and more often than not it does.

I will admit he does occasionally seem to take rounds off, or not take them as seriously with his writing. And his schemes can be fairly simplistic. But when he puts his mind to it, there are very few who write as well as him in terms of content.
    test
  17. Swaggatron

Swaggatron Fuck AutotuneBots

If you wanna explain to someone what a bodybagg izz or what it means to get bodied, show em this battle, this was a textbook example. i never imagined Fox would get it worse than Frost did.

Fox was dope against D Wiggins imo, but What he did here brought Sons entire stock down, shame on Heart Brixx Q and Con for not feeding him bars cuz they obviously didn't

Time for SK to get a real challenge, soul khan vs dizaster, SK vs Bender, SK vs Hitman holla, SK vs ying ill, SK vs Eurgh, SK vs 360

I think 360 could be sk's biggest challenge Right now, 60's performance against greeley was 2011's best yet, 0.000000000000% filler perfect delivery, overall smooth performance
    test
  18. krayziebone1999

krayziebone1999 Well-Known Member

SK did exactly what i imagined he did after i read the reviews of this event. his first was straight bodybag but they let his 2nd and 3rd go on way too long. should have kept it short and sweet.
    test
  19. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

Read the feedback, thought I should give another note or two before I return to the Soulcave : one, most of my "wordplay lines" were just set ups to bigger lines, so if they disappointed you, they likely weren't meant to impress you by themselves or they were just catering to the crowd. Two, I put more work into structuring that first round than anything else. The second and third I squirted out two nights before the battle. On paper, it looked better and probably would have all come out more smoothly were some crowd members not so overzealous in their reactions. For the most part, I think the crowd was fair with a few louder exceptions that were not representative. URL's tough. They don't let you fail in silence, which can be tougher psychologically anyway. Thanks for the support, folks. And nothing I ever do is corny because I do it. That's the rule.
    test
  20. ThisIsTwiZz

ThisIsTwiZz New Member

shit was sad as hell man.....and i had to tape it smh lmaooooo
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.