SMACK / URL PRESENTS: HOLLOW DA DON vs GOODZ

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lee Taylor, Apr 24, 2011.

?

Who do you think won?

1. Hollow Da Don

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Goodz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacozy

teacozy New Member

nah. it's mainly known from old Cam'Ron disses. I think it was Nas who said dude lost weight from AIDS and not irritable bowel syndrome
    test
  2. Blanco_

Blanco_ Pacman GotTheGatMan

The battle is at 144k views in two days, not bad at all.
    test
  3. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

good looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    test
  4. DeathChamberz

DeathChamberz From the Page to da stage

Hollow bodied this Goodz was good and went down as rounds continued

Ball Game !!!! THat will be crazy
    test
  5. alaroche04

alaroche04 Active Member

HIV

and yea, its common
    test
  6. BasedDIGLETT

BasedDIGLETT KINGLETT

does malice have it?
    test
  7. j4remi4

j4remi4 Active Member

Goodz 1st was good...not great or spectacular, but definitely better than Hollow's.

2nd and 3rd were clearly Hollow's. He picked up momentum and just beasted while Goodz just faded hard. From what we saw of Goodz third...come on now...Hollow was gonna win this battle whether he finished or not.

2-1 Hollow, but it's a win by a larger margin than I'd have expected.
    test
  8. SKATTERBRAIN

SKATTERBRAIN U R a L

had only seen goodz battle vs conceited and didnt think he was that good but after seeing this battle i got a lot more respect for him. i think hollow definitely got the win but goodz has bars though. wonder who he'll battle next.
    test
  9. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Goodz really doesn't NEED to battle anyone next.
    test
  10. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

dude, I ain't have to know math to put hanz on niggas was arguably the best line in the battle. I thought Goodz won the first pretty clearly. I have Hollow winning the next two and I don't really care for Goodz at all but Hollow's first was good and Goodz's first was dope. All there is to it imo
    test
  11. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

why would Goodz only do 3 minutes in his last round? He did like 6 minute rounds lmao

edit: did a lil over five in the first and about four and a half in the second
    test
  12. alaroche04

alaroche04 Active Member

can someone lay out the dope bars that Goodz spit? I can only think of one off the top of my head. That one bar and Goodz' laughing were the only thing that actually keeps me from FF his verses...
    test
  13. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

I didn't see anywhere that said it was unlimited rounds. So I'm going by the fact the standard is 3 3mins rounds. And I already touched on the fact he waited for reactions and laughed which def extended his rounds
    test
  14. fluentnigganese

fluentnigganese New Member

Both rappers' avg about 4:30-5:00 per round tbh.....awkward pauses for non-forthcoming crowd reaction included.
    test
  15. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

Ok. Well that aside, goodz fucked up the battle. No one else. And he had maybe 4 or 5 good lines. He wasn't coming back
    test
  16. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

goodz didn't fuck up the battle (unless you're referring to the henney incident. then goodz fucked up the battle). He had a fine performance and he lost. Just like Hollow said in the pre-battle interview now that i think about it. "afterward they gon be like it was a dope battle, but the dinininon took that"
    test
  17. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

yea im referring to that. people saying they cant judge the 3rd cuz goodz didnt finish. goodz fucked up the battle nobody fault but his so holding judgement cuz hollow kept his cool is ridiculous. u lose ur cool in a nba u get kicked out. i treat it the same.
    test
  18. fluentnigganese

fluentnigganese New Member

Super dope battle. Not a classic, but I put the blame for that on Goodz, cuz he flatlined in the 2nd rd & fucked up in the 3rd w/ that bullshit bottle toss (y'all seem him practicing to hurl it during Hollow's 2nd? LOL).

Hollow was ill as fuck. I really like the concepts he came w/ and approach he took 4 this battle; it was a different, but very good look for him. He didn't spazz out like he did vs Verb/Big T, but bar for bar this was arguably his best performance. It gets better w/ time & has mad replay value.

1st rd was close as fuck. I think Goodz edged it, cuz his swag was crazy even if his bars weren't, but his rd was way over-hyped. Hollow was dope as hell, too, so one could easily argue it was a tie or Hollow edged it.

2nd rd Hollow destroyed Goodz. Shit was a pg out the funeral book Hitman wrote 4 Arsonal. Never thought I'd say this, but Hollow G checked Goodz.

3rd rd Hollow bodied it. His rebuttals & flips were sick. That said, Goodz only spit a min, & 4 mins is a LONG time (avg rd was 5 mins), so I gotta throw that rd out. That said, even if I judge it on the 1st 2 rds Hollow won, cuz his margin of victory in the 2nd was waaaaaaaay more than Goodz in the 1st.
    test
  19. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

Hollow's best performance ever btw. Performance wasn't as lively as it's been but it was no less powerful, and BY FAR the best bars we've heard from Hollow to date. My biggest criticism of him used to be that he was suuuuuuper sloppy (get prescribed percocets... and ya pregnant wife... GET BORNWIT A BIRF DEFECT), but he had such dope, subtle wordplay throughout this battle, and so much wordplay that had several words playing into the same double meaning (since *something fire related* had to damn near strike him to get a matchbook, slammed his ass without lookin like dee brown, al b sure. very cool stuff)
    test
  20. xxbonesxx

xxbonesxx Bone$

lol, wtf made me miss the coach rex line...throw in the cal-sanchez metal-land bar...damn....and in another thread, someone broke down the 4 5 6 bars line by line...dope
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.