SMACK / URL PRESENTS: HOLLOW DA DON vs GOODZ

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lee Taylor, Apr 24, 2011.

?

Who do you think won?

1. Hollow Da Don

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Goodz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

I actually agree with this assessment.
    test
  2. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

perfect example was when he was talking about the rebuttals and the buil up ends with

"how u gona rebuttals a loss"

look at hollows face. hes like "is that it, really? thats the end? "

shit is priceless.

goodz needs to learn how to have a better blow to his build ups. i know i aint rapper but im sure we all see this
    test
  3. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Watched the battle twice already -- still have Hollow 2-1, but I fail to understand the whole build-up of Goodz having an "extraordinary" 1st RD showing. It was just a great round overall and I'll give Goodz an edge for that specific round, though even that was tough to say watching twice.

Most of Hollow's shit went way over people's heads, his creativity was insane and he was spazzin. The main problem with Goodz is that, unlike most heads who hate him for no reason, he IS dope and he IS aggressive but he is NOT consistent round for round. I think his 2nd RD was one of the weakest rounds he's ever spit.

Hollow vs Hitman is going to be better than this. I am sure there's better battles from that night, too. (Has to be, imo)

No disrespect to Goodz (because I like Goodz as a battle MC and rapper in general, plus he is hilarious/entertaining as hell), but the match-up between Hollow vs Hitman will be more of a lyrical / punch for punch bout. Not unlike Hitman vs Cortez (just throwing it out there since it's one of my favorites - especially to debate over), I doubt there will be a "weak" round from either rapper. Goodz had a VERY weak 2nd here that I can tell Hollow was thinking, "Is he serious!?" Call Hollow overrated all you want, but you cannot have a round like this against Hollow.

Who would Goodz even battle next?
    test
  4. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

what went over people's heads?......this wasn't a deep meaning set of verses
    test
  5. swpstateofmind

Ppl have said they missed a lot of Hollow's bars, that's all I'm saying. Wasn't super duper complex shit, but I have read on here (esp Youtube -- but yeah, that's not saying much) that ppl missed certain things (the "Dental" exchange for example, and the 4,5,6 etc). Everyone is different, so everyone might not catch everything the first time they watch something.
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

test
  7. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

Seriously...i watched Goods 1st round twice and thats it, i'll never watch again! Seriously this dude isnt a good rapper and hes probably not very smart or doesnt put any effort into his rhymes. He never says anything smart that makes you think twice, he doesnt have dope gun punchlines, he doesnt have any wordplay and if he has its fucking weaksaussss, hes delivery is actually ok or even a little bit better, BUT he doesnt switch it up or anything....i really dont get whats special with goods, is he more gangsta than the others? Does he have connections? has he been in the game for a long time? Whats up really? He's pretty wack but has top-tier opponents....
    test
  8. xlxjerryxlx

xlxjerryxlx Member

anyone know if this is the fastest battle to 100k?
    test
  9. Darealist

Darealist New Member

I disagree. I will admit I wasn't feeling what he was wearing in this battle but overall he is normally on point.
    test
  10. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

That sentence right there is why I can't take some Hollow fans serious. Come on man, really?
    test
  11. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

lol sorry though vid where hes clowning his shoes to be lugz wasnt good. his last battle vs big t not great either.

actually wait. its diff. it all depends on what u think is in style. hollow still rocks super baggy clothes and shit. personally, i rock fitted jeans. not nutcrunchers like other niggas but they aint super baggy. its just a cleaner look.

so to me he doesnt know how to dress cuz u will only find bum ass hood niggaz in super baggy clothes saggin their pants below their ass.

so i guess it depends on what u like. but to me and i guarantee if u showed a bunch of non ghetto hoodrat chicks, they would agree.
    im a hollow fan so i aint trying clown him. i think he the best battler out but style his horrible
    test
  12. Panda...

Panda... New Member

Still think his delivery on this line was beyond cold..
    test
  13. Darealist

Darealist New Member

I agree with you for the most part. In that video I don't know what he was doing in that lol. I don't like super baggy or extra tight ass jeans either. I was never a fan of showing your boxers and all that shit because in the real world that aint going to fly but this is a rap battle so maybe he is playing the image.
    test
  14. xxbonesxx

xxbonesxx Bone$

a lot more than you think..ESPECIALLY on first listen, so i would imagine thats why the crowd aint seem as engaged..and goodz ruined the mood around the 18 min mark with that sweat line lol...

examples, the wright brothers line...the house in virginia, malice, apartment in dallas line was nuuuts, but i sure aint catch it on first listen...mikes mother on the wheel/will ...the lugz tims reference...ive read in this thread cats aint get the swizz on to the next one, and that whole scheme...thats why i thought hollow first was better than has been mentioned, he went into his blackout bars and then :nevermind: and back to personals...the soul caliber bars..and what ruined the ballgame at the end bar, was the fact that soooo many cats that night had already said ballgame in they raps, and this was the last battle...i think theres more buried jewels in there too i aint name, this was def one of hollows more lyrical battles, good mix of bars simple enough to get on first listen in the crowd, and some replay bars

anyways, as a lurker turned poster lol, i scored the battle 2 to 1 or possibly 3 0 on the cards..goodz first was dope, even tho the filler was half the round, but the battle kind reminded me of the mayweather mosley fight..where mosley landed a few punches in the first 2 rounds, and nyggas went crazy, just for the fact they hadnt really seen that...fast forward to the six and seventh round, and money may had suffocated the bul with defense *rebuttals* and being overall a better fighter....thats it....
    test
  15. swpstateofmind

I'm a fan of both rappers, for the record.

But, you didn't find any of Hollow's stuff creative at all? His COLD delivery? And YES, some people DIDN'T catch some of his punches, and that's evident in threads, so I am not making that up. Some cats caught all of his shit, some didn't. How is that so far fetched? You mean to tell me you caught all of his shit and didn't think any of it was dope? That, I can't believe -- like him or hate him, say he's overrated, whatever.
    test
  16. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

Yea. You make a very valid point. But that massive red jacket. If I was a battler I'd clown on him forever with that shit. Something straight outta the 90s wutang era lmao
    test
  17. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

Hollllllow >>>
    test
  18. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

thisssss
    test
  19. spityourgame99

spityourgame99 genious on the stovetop

hollow swagga da dinininon in that LOM shirt i wanna cop one of those holla at cha boy

#swaaag
    test
  20. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

you guys all sound like a bunch of metrosexuals...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.