Slam Round 3: Judges

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by UFO the Phoenix, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

Judges are:

1) UFO
    2) Madpoet
    3) Bhitiah
    4) LDogg The King
    5) Hollow1955
    6) Arkon
    7) Brit Boi Gee

SCORE VOTES ARE DUE BY JUNE 10 (Friday)

rank poems from 1 to 10....1 being the lowest weakest garbage posted...and 10 being the highest breath taking wordplay action protrayed

Please be fair to all poets that show up and be sure to score each poem to the best of your ability of what you feel was brought
    test
  2. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

Got It.
    test
  3. Madpoet

Madpoet why is this so short....

I had computer problems for last round..Im here this time..
    test
  4. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

test
  5. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

lmao... from dissin the place cuz of me to helpin it out after I leave. aight, da ya shit man. My place here is over

pz
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

We can bout guess I'm not getting brit boi's vote, because I keep making an ass of him elsewhere.
    test
  7. Nislanif (8 1/2)
    Poeticks (8)
    Mister-E (7 1/2)
    Pent up (7)
    Johnnie French (7)
    test
  8. UFO the Phoenix

^thanks for showing up Brit

ummm Judges dont leave me hanging.....this thread closes in 2 days
    test
  9. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

1) Pent uP 5
    2) Johnnie French* 7
    4) Nislanif*6
    6) MisterEthoughts*5
    7) Poetickz*6

test
  10. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Young man, I miss judged your character. I apologize.
    test
  11. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

Johnnie French - 7
    Nislanif - 8.5
    Pent uP - 7.5
    Poetickz - 8
    MisterEthoughts - 6
    test
  12. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

Man I'm gettin tired of this shit ...Not the SLAM itself but people bitchin and whinin cause the judges arent showin up or whatever, then getting fifty million IM's and PM's from people tellin me to go vote...Dont set the date for the 10th if you want results on the 8th motha fuckas....

Anyway ...

Nislanif - Man ...Did you enter this for shits and giggles, or to just cream people? lol. Your poem was off the chain, It just had that vibe to it and whatnot that made me feel it to the core, even after I was done reading your poem and moved on to the next, I kept reflectin' on yours ...that's a 9 for ya...

Poetickz I liked it, Good poetry...But only one line in there really hit me like, BAM! ...Good message tho, ...6.5

Johnnie French ...At least four things in there made me go DAMN, But I've seen better coming from you and I didnt like the thing I didnt like, I dont know how to explain it...It had to do with your rhyme scheme, or perhaps your structure, but it didnt effect it that much ...8

MisterEthoughts - ...str8 up, honest to god truth? dont touch me with that. I didnt like it, it just ...sucked for me. 5.5

Pent Up .... I liked this, It was real and those are some very good questions you asked. I like your writing alot, You should post some more. 7
    test
  13. UFO the Phoenix

^thank you for constently coming thru to vote Bhitiah we love you
    test
  14. Madpoet

Johnnie French - I start with you so I can say IF your sig is true Im that 1/7. But that will not affect my voting. Your a tight poet and this piece was one of the most interesting. One big shortcoming and I warned people what kind of judge I would be before this competition. I look for rhyme and structure. Your structure was tight and i like your lead in lines but it had no rhyme and that stands out

Hottest/My favorite Lines:
    Strong is the damned against the good
    Where does this world go if Hell has expanded to all?

Score-8.3

Nislanif - Ok Imma ruin this shit right now and tell everyone this man wins my vote. The flow was amazing for poetry and it wasnt so deep that I couldnt follow it. Structure , flow and meaning and while its not perfect its good enough to win this round in my opinion.

Hottest/My Fav. lines: (way more than 2 but fair is fair)
    I hear a whisper of a distant soul
    Rhythms of a distant drum speak a distant code.

Score-8.9

Pent uP - Pent up, I think your style was most like my own. I loved your rhyme scheme and inventiveness. Often Poetry lacks any kind of direction. I think the one place you slipped against Nis was he went deeper. But he skated a line of possibly confusing the reader more than you did. Gratz on a dope stanza.

Hottest/My Fav. lines:(Also more than two but)
    in a group of peers we wait through peoples monologues
    then wait through the jokes and refrences from the entourage

Score:8.6

Poetickz - Yours was very poetic and had meaning. Didnt rhyme and the structure wasnt anything to write home about, but I feel you put emotion into this piece and that scores credit. i think your use of words was descriptive and bright. I would like to see some of your rhyming poetry.

Fav/Lines:
    wise in the mind but weak physically as its no longer able to spreads itself amongst everything
    weak but forever creative it brings the crayons it used as a child and colors the sky again

Score:8.2

MisterEthoughts - Sorry bro, This shit read like an essay so Im like next. It was also a tad hard for my stoned ass to follow. I hate the structure and there is no rhyme.

Best lines:
    Or when you read this are you blinded by the light that I spring open the brain that daggers the cranium of everlasting symmetric perplexity of yet another **********...

Score:3

Much better than the last round I had to score...That was like getting a root canal while being forced to listen to Milli Vanilli

Pz...
    test
  15. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

I take it you're in the process of judging.
    test
  16. Madpoet

Exactly.
    test
  17. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Yo, I'm amazed at this voting...
    test
  18. UFO the Phoenix

Goood Round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

LMAO@ MADPOET…..Rapmusic’s very own SIMON COWELL….just keeps it real….thanks for not being too heartless this round…shocked at all the 8’s you gave!!?!?!?

I gotta admit this round was the best so far out of all the Slams….I can’t wait to see what happens in the finals when the best of the best go at it

Anyway here goes my votes

(hollow said he wouldn’t be able to vote so this is it)

Pent uP…..not bad not bad….for a man who doesn’t believe in God you sure did hit hard with this one….I didn’t like how it started though and to be honest with you I’ve seen you come tighter in some of your PTL verses…so I’m kinda shock you didn’t bring that same intensity to the Slam….oh well you did your thing…and this seemed to link out some personal ventilation of whatever it is you have pentup inside….frustration….the break down of the poem though took to long for me to get into….empathy….the title alone caught my interest…but with the slow start and weaker lines with spider-webs and fly in red….a lot of this just sounded like force poetry to make it rhyme instead of speaking what really is on your mind….sorry to do this to you I know how you always feel cheated out of a victory but this is just how things went down…..7.7

Johnnie French…….man JF you are crazy with that pen!?!?!….you have such a unique confidence with you and yours….this was a personal favorite of mine out of the slam….just short and too the point…great work….I love the concept…with our past and history….and the devils trick….all of your lines seemed to carry mutli-layer meanings….you packed so much in such a few amount of words that always blows me away….the untitled poem seemed to be just a small sample of what you have to offer….I was still expecting more from you but this is mos def good enough to advance to the next round……..9

Nislanif – oh my now I see why you boast and talk smack…you got the skills to back in up….I knew you were gifted but didn’t expect this…I thought Nimrod or Jook would be the highlights of this round but I think your poem alone scared them away….very impressive….I love the content…I love the word play on Peace God….common everyday slang given more in depth meaning….love the homeless person line….just all around dope piece…..touched me and just seem to be the best poem I’ve read in the slam thus far….props….9.3

MisterEthoughts…….once again putting out thoughts to mysteries….you have such a vast vocabulary and wealth of knowledge I’m shock you don’t use it more often in your work….this was a nice attempt but I think it lacked structure or any real talk home message ya know?….I like the word-play and the free flow of your mind to paper but you should take that extra time to set your work up in a poem structure maybe slow down some of your lines and organize your ideas more because I like your style just not how you present it….thanks for showing up though computer problems and all….keep writing…..6.4

Poetickz….very mystical piece….I love the crayons child colors clouds…or something like that…just your content was on point…and the lightening bugs….ahhhh the sun is born and dies?!?!?….this who poem is crazy…I think I read this earlier but kinda didn’t really take much from it…but now after re-reading it just hit me like wow….very creative…very poetic….and again it had a since of magic behind it….like something Bob Marley would write…..amazing…..BUT I know your work and honestly I felt you could do more…this was sorta just basic when compared to some of the other poets works….good attempt….and thanks for coming thru if you make it to the finals I strongly suggest you step it up……7.1

Total:

3 Winners

1st) Nislanif with 50.2
    2nd) Johnnie French with 46.3
    3rd) Poetickz with 43.8

2 honorable mentions:

4th) Pent uP – 42.8
    5th) MisterEthoughts – 33.4

Ok good luck in the finals stay posted when it all goes down
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.