SLAM FINALS: Judges

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by UFO the Phoenix, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. test
  2. Johnnie French

Johnnie French Voodooradio.podomatic.com

and this sums up this whole competition in this post. I'm done with it. I'm taking my poem and going home. Congratz Blk you would have won anyways so congratz there. I'm just done with all the hoopla. It's dragging on way to long.
    test
  3. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

Sorry to waste your time Johnnie
    test
  4. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

I'm not ranking because I find that to be severely degrading..... I will give a breakdown of the poets and say who I think is the winner.

RealIMS, decent sequence of dreamy like expressions. Didn't really explain what you were saying much. It had too much of a metaphorical meaning to clearly get where you were trying to take this piece. I liked the clash of dreams and reality sequence, that was cool, but up until that part, I wasn't feeling much of the content

absolute, I liked how this came along, although it was short, it had a message that was kind of deep. You're digging through your dreams for peace.... I like that. Then you let go of the faith and hope of your dreams... sad, but understood, we've all been there. nice piece man.

Poetickz, I don't think you got the concept at all. It was suppose to be about dreams.... and you wrote about being on Greyhound. It didn't tie into the other piece that was an example at all. The piece itself is missing alot of elements to complete some fundamental... it doesn't express any of the real hardships of slavery... it just says freedom I'm coming... can't really give this much credit for the dream topic though. I guess you could be dreaming of freedom, but that's not expressed well either

NisLaniF, that was deep on an emotional level and on mature level with a developed narration of it all. I think Jeff likes it so much cuz he's prolly the old man this is based on.... sounds like his old decrepit ass... but anyway. The sequence of events leading to the death... of dream of all dreams.... it was pretty creative and gave some progressingly depressing emotional content. made it a lil deeper. Nice piece and a creative outlook into it all

Riko, flow was superb and the emotional frustration was deep as you tried to seek out your answers in writing..... the vocab was impressive as well and gave it an exciting touch to see how your vision came together.... content wise, this lacks a lot of in depth meaning. It's vague in other words.... nothing really specific to link to the dreams that you started off with. I liked it, but it needed more meaning, something in it to make it tie with the dreams outline.

Johnnie, this was too all over the place for me to get into it. A hole lot of history and depression and horrible things that have happen tied to.... have you ever dreamed of this and that.... not appealing at all. Needed more focus on a few events maybe so details could be provided and explained. Some of was explained, but it wasn't centered enough around main subject points and didn't read too well when put together like this.

Vote....
    1st place NisLaniF, more of a detailed approach with deeper meaning
    2nd place Riko, great narration and structure
    3rd place Absolute, nice structure just needed more content
    4th place Johnnie, just needed more focus to me
    5th place RealIMS, it was a colorful sequence, but way too vague
    6th place Poetickz, I don't know what you were trying to do, but nothing in it made me want to read more
    test
  5. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

So at the end of the day, Bitiah bitched at random, JF pulls his poem at the last moment, and I win regardless of both.

What did I win?
    test
  6. UFO the Phoenix

^LMAO

aight I'll be back to edit this with the results

Nis you do win something....I had Mod's agree to sticky the winner on all their boards....so we'll make that happen for you

Madpoet also offered some prizes?....points....rep level

I'm closing this for now.....to much clutter...
    test
  7. UFO the Phoenix

Slam Results

OK HERE ARE THE TOTALS

I gave everyone 10 on my votes for putting up with this SLAM for showing up, for doing your part and coming thru, I enjoyed everyones poem honestly but here are the results:

1st place: Nislanif - 53.9 (Grand Prize having poem sticky all over Rapmusic.com)

2nd place: Johnnie French - 52.1 (prize sticky poem in INtellect Zone)

3rd place: Rikoshay - 50.2 (Prize is rep points and level up....see Madpoet)

4th place: Poetickz - 46 (rep level up)

5th place: Absolute Zero - 44.5 (rep level up)

6th place: Realms - 42 (rep level up)

Thanks to everyone who came thru

One
    test
  8. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

test
  9. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

yo sorry i wasnt here.. been mad busy.. grats on the win nislanif
    test
  10. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

thanks, but apparently I ain't win a gyatdayum thing.
    test
  11. UFO the Phoenix

Did you get my Pm?

just be patient

I have 2 jobs and summer school....I'll get your stickys in Augest sorry man
    test
  12. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

5th place? damn, i'm one sorry summa........
    test
  13. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Patience. Goes a long way. Um my position is 6th so if that makes you feel better^. Cause I take pride in mine! At first I thought that was my name in your siggy.

UFO you have respect from me, I know how it is being busy. Along with that as well as the judges who came through, and most of all the poets.

PEACE
    test
  14. Johnnie French

Johnnie French Voodooradio.podomatic.com

... how is it I placed when I pulled my poem? Good job all.
    test
  15. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Damn. Sorry to up this, but I just gotta say: I was being one helluva prick!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.