Skyrim

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Holy shit,Was going to mages college,went to some dungeon,then went out attacked 2 ice wraiths,couldnt kill them,left my companion to fight,then dragon came,run as fast as I could,then I came across conjurer adept,run again,then some ice wolves,run again :funny:
    test
  2. NaSh

NaSh o_

Was playing till 3am this morning. Pretty addicted......

Delivered by a Carrier Pigeon called Geoff
    test
  3. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

can't wait to get this game.

kinda sounds like WoW on console, only better.
    test
  4. NaSh

NaSh o_

It is like WoW, but it's actually awesome instead of mind numbingly boring

test
  5. Hiko Seijūrō

Hiko Seijūrō New Member

Played Oblivion and was pretty much bored the whole time. did about 1/4 of the main story, closed a gate(there's like a dozen right?), bodied the guilds...started shivering isles and stopped playing. Basically every mission had me going to some dungeon/cave/crypt that looked exactly like the last...i just couldn't do it anymore. When a video game starts to feel like a chore, it's time to call it quits.

but Skyyyrimmm! is something else. I'm hooked in good. 30 hours played so far and I feel like i've barely scratched the surface...and more importantly, I'm not bored nor hoping to be close to the end.

Got into the mages guild and started the first mission to the brotherhood(with the orphan), but have left it right now...I needed a fence to get rid of all the shit i've stolen. Being a ninja>>...so i've gone to the thieves guild...aside from being a use to me, their story/plight is intriguing. I really hope that the guild shows signs of improvement(visually, with more recruits and merchants, basically how "it used to be" according to them) as i progress through the game/missions....same with the other guilds. mages guild bringing winterhold back to life. Nothing like seeing the impact that you've made throughout the world. amirite?

A few complaints, though. The fact that I can kill a Dragon with relative ease(which was epic how it came down from the mountains as I was about to hop on a carriage...caught me completely off guard), but I encounter a Giant and he takes one swing at me and hits me out of the park...whatthefuck? The main draw of the game are the Dragons and they're weak as fuck....instead it's those overgrown retards you have to worry about.
    Also, the guards/soldiers. The value of like means shit in this game. say i steal something of little worth or kill a chicken for instance...i get a bounty thrown on my head and have to kill anyone looking to lock me up....over a fucking chicken? come on.
    Not a fan of the stripped down menus. Sure the Oblivion ones were a fucking mess, but this is kind of shit too. I don't know how strong I really am in this...what the difference the armor/magic makes to my stats, how much damage i can make or sustain. I like the new constellation leveling tree, but it doesn't tell me shit.

That aside, I'm pretty much loving this game right now. I could probably play all day and night if I didn't have anything to do. Last night(I don't usually play games a night even), I didn't even realize how late it was...then i looked at my phone and was taken aback. I had to be up for work in 4 hours. I felt like a sluggish zombie at work all day, but Skyrim kept popping into my head every other hour and I was actually looking forward to playing it again, even if it impeded on my sleeping time. wordlife.

So what kind of character you niggas playing? I've gone with a ninja battle mage imperial. orcs look raw though. so do khajits and argonians this time. in oblivion khajits looked like chester cheetah and the argonians looked like fucking kermit...couldn't do it.

I don't know what year you live in, but we're nearing 2012...not 2002.

everyone has an hd tv of some sort, especially gamers.
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

regular dragons are weak, blood dragons beat the shit out of me. But i also don't have much long range strength, my archery is weak and i'm a warrior will little magic
    test
  7. GetGotG

GetGotG New Member

Whats the different between the XBOX version and the Playstation version?
    test
  8. vladhood

vladhood New Member

square, triangle and O are replaced with A B Y
    test
  9. GetGotG

GetGotG New Member

hahaha i mean like the game play...everyone rates the XBOX version higher than the PS version.
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i've seen comments on the ps3 version having framerate problems, but i don't know first hand
    test
  11. GetGotG

GetGotG New Member

Shit....I don't think I would like Skyrim anyway, shit looks too dark for my liking.
    test
  12. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Its everything but dark.
    This is goty for sure.
    Im playing dark elf mage with a bit of one handed and archery.
    And playing on expert difficulty.
    test
  13. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  14. vladhood

vladhood New Member

like a free roaming sandbox game, i'm off the rails?
    this dude was laying it down
    test
  15. NaSh

NaSh o_

test
  16. NaSh

NaSh o_

Same but I'm more of a two handed battle axe motherfucker

test
  17. Geedorah

Geedorah King

1 more thing.
    Im loving this new system with perks and skills.
    test
  18. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Well I got up an hour and a half before I usually do so I could play. That count? lol
    test
  19. NaSh

NaSh o_

Yes that counts! Haha

test
  20. NaSh

NaSh o_

Anyone done the family heirloom mission yet? I'm in the hideout and just killed a hagraven but there's a gate I need to go through but I can't see any way of opening it :(

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.