Skyrim

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

there are more voice actors in there, i know Colonel Tigh from battlestar galactica does one of the kings voices.

Voice acting is all around better, however they don't zoom in anymore on the faces so the character talking seem to far away IMO. The dialouge is more natural though

So far though, every environment seems different than the next i haven't seen a repeated dungeon at all. Haven't fought a dragon yet and i'm 8 hours in lol, the combat feels better but right now i'm feeling the enemy wizards are overpowered but i may just suck right now.
    test
  3. vladhood

vladhood New Member

meh. game's exactly what i said it would be. oblivion with some improvements, some sidegrades and some downgrades from oblivion/morrowind that could have made it more enjoyable for me. the open world still feels soul less as ever. why didn't they include the random encounter mechanic from fallout 3 open world roaming? i mean, i'm starting to feel bad about thinning the wolf population by 1000 every time i have to run to a new location.

game's good, but combat is broken and lacks fluidity even when playing on 'master' difficulty. perks make you ridiculously overpowered. sword crits in particulair do way more damage than they should, and sneak attack crits take out enemies in one hit even if you are detected (this is hopefully a bug). spell system is really cool, but also overpowered as hell even with 5 perks. makes fighting a joke and the only challenging moments are when you've got 3+ dual wielding melee running after you trying to chop and execute you.

not really that far in though, bros. haven't run across a dragon but i hear as you progress through the main story and more of the story-centric side quests, you start running into them randomly aswell as catching people fighting them. i've been playing for 8 hours and i still haven't done the first follow-up quest after they release you into the open world.
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i don't think you can fight a dragon without having done at least the first few quests in the main story, like how you couldn't open oblvion gates.

open world shits on oblivion and fallout, i remember fallout being a pain in the ass to get through with a lot of areas leveled off you couln't go through simply because you weren't high enough level yet. And the game world is random, you'll run into hunters and shit just out strolling, Giants herding mamoths or sometimes killing them lol. Saw some soldiers killing some bandits ect there are a lot of wolves in the area where you start at. Every dungeon looks and feels different, and so far the main quests are actually pretty decent unlike the last two games
    test
  5. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Fought a dragon, not too difficult. However the difficulty is scaled a tad to your level. Seems very promising though I thoroughly enjoy it so far ;)
    test
  6. vladhood

vladhood New Member

definitely wanted to say one other thing.. it's refreshing to have puzzles in the dungeons, even if they aren't particulairly complex.
    test
  7. nO gOoD!

Most definitely. The water is a great addition to dungeons as well.
    test
  8. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Double fisted magic >>>

Healing yourself while you set bears on fire, ftw.
    test
  9. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Is magic fun?
    Still didnt download the fucker :funny:
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Giants are the strongest thing in the entire game world lol....they are stronger than the dragons
    test
  11. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Reanimating wolves to attack bears, never felt so good.
    :funny:
    test
  12. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Then I might actually try magic for first time in games :funny:
    test
  13. NaSh

NaSh o_

Gave in and bought it, really enjoying so far

Delivered by a Carrier Pigeon called Geoff
    test
  14. NaSh

NaSh o_

Giants.....beastly

Delivered by a Carrier Pigeon called Geoff
    test
  15. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Holy shit,magic is the best.
    Raising dead has never been so fun :funny:
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i'm over 20+ hours in (maybe 30) haven't got bored yet, have to force myself to stop and be productive lol.

Doing the companion quest lines now, one has me running all the way to the other side of the map running into mages, witches, trolls, hit a few bandit camps one had a captive mountain lion lol. And just now a freaking dragon attacked me by myself, i had to use cover and heal a lot since i don't have many long range talents right now. Guess i should upgrade my archery

got a perk on my one handed weapons now got a 25% chance of decapitation lol. Man first time i did it the witch started begging for mercy right when it went into the animation lmao.

Fucking love this game man
    test
  17. nO gOoD!

The same thing happened to me, I was heading to the dragon burial site and ran into a frost dragon by myself. Luckily I was on high ground with trees for cover. This game is really amazing. Very very cool. Took some crazy tactics to kill it on my own ;)
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

this game is kinda shit unless you have a high quality HD tv

otherwise youll be left with a massive headache from squinting and trying to read the super tiny and blurred text....

it is a bit of a let down

only like 20% of gamers have HD tv yet they build the games so you cant fucking read the text on a majority of the TV's the game is being played on...

bullshit. It means that they dont give a fuck about the 80% of game consumers...

ive onl;y put about 1-2 hours into the game, but its so fucking frustrating trying to read the text, im missing hints, cant read what the text says, even the menus text is so small and blurry i can barely read.

My TV is a newer CRT TV with no HD.

Its key to be able to read text in this game...... and i cant read shit

also the screen is too big for my screen, my compass thing at the top is half offscreen. And some text also appears too far left and gets cut off by the screen. Half my menu doesnt show up all i see i ARREL, TIONS, APONS, etc etc

how did they not see this in testing?

fucking fags....lol

but in the meantime im gonna go give it another shot, cuz i liked oblivion a lot lol
    test
  19. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

damn homey, i highly doubt it's still 20% man it's time to upgrade. I copped an hdtv for oblivion when i first got my 360 5 years ago. Try Newegg they have some deals on there

and if you got a 360 they used to have a switch on the back of the connector where yous switch from hd to sd might try and flip that
    test
  20. nO gOoD!

Some of the missing text could be fixed by adjusting your tv settings. Although I do agree with the HDTV thing, it's hard to read on a 16:9 tv. Which is why I own a large 1080p HDTV ;) this game is meant to be seen in HD. Sorry to hear its not so enjoyable for you busta
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.