skrybe...

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by trifle, Dec 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trifle

trifle New Member

well we'll try to find something that's as close to drop in the hole as possible then...

for the money i'd say some of the crystal sets are pretty damn hard to beat, i think they're having a sale on them at www.thezeb.com
    test
  2. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

Who makes the Crystals? I went to the speaker Sale section and didn't see anything . . .
    test
  3. trifle

trifle New Member

Man I really have no clue why I said crystal, I meant CDT

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/specials_speakers.html .. that page has some of the batches that had wrong color paint and shit like that, great fucking deals man honestly

the one at the top, the CL-61a is a damn good comp set....150 is a great price for them, the only thing wrong is that the paint wasn't as bright as it was supposed to be on the red parts....

i prefer the HD-62s but you know, i'm an audio freak...

tell me what you think
    test
  4. Skrybe

I'm liking that . . . are they better than the MB Quart References?? (feel free to laugh at my pitiful lack of knowledge of car audio now) Cause I had my eyes on the References for quite some time because I thought they were the best out there. But here's my question (and this might be what you were referring to before) . . . if they don't fit, what the heck am I gonna do? Cause I could buy those speakers now, but when I got my car, the spaces might not match up . . . like I just checked the Grand Cherokees and they got 6 3/4" openings and 6x9" openings and that's it . . . so I'm guessing my main problem at the moment is that I haven't made a solid decision on what car yet. With that said, I'm going to make my mind up right now and decide on the Grand Cherokee.
    test
  5. Sawred

Sawred New Member

for subs, also check out the XXX @ respl.com that is 1 amazing sq/spl sub, wow. my friend ordered 1 15" powered it by a hifonics brutus1500bx, and that thing thumps.

it easily kills my 2 10w6v2's and im pushing 1000watts to them.

my next subs will be 1 xxx...(the edA's are always amazing subs, I have heard 2...but I would choose the xxx over the adire if you go that route. both are great, I personally had recone problems with a brahma.)
    test
  6. trifle

trifle New Member

good to hear some other input here....

the XXX is a great damn sub, i will admit, i just don't think that it sounds quite as good....I don't think that the audible difference between a brahma or XXX vs and eD A is enough to worry about unless competing, and even still you're seeing pretty equal numbers between setups..... by no means am i saying that you're wrong or that's a bad suggestion, this is just merely one man's opinion....

do you think ya friend's XXX sounds better than your setup?

well skrybe, you can find adapter plates which will help you convert one size opening to another, and if you can't find one for some odd reason i'm sure you know someone who could make something similar, if not, i'm sure that you could find somebody who could....but generally you can find adapter plates, especially for your 6X9 openings...

i'd put the mb quart reference component set right around the same as the hd series from CDT that I showed you....with the mb quart you'll have a pretty punchy mid with a pretty bright (sharp, kind of harsh, but very accurate) tweeter...with the CDT's you have a more warm sound with a smoother mid, so it all depends on your tastes....
    test
  7. Skrybe

I think I'll pass on sharp/harsh . . . I had a friend who had some sharp/harsh tweets . . . he was shitty at putting sound systems in, and he had it basically hanging from the wire at the top of the front doors . . . almost ear level . . . and he kept turning the shit nearly full blast . . . . LOL yeah, I'll pass on the sharp/harsh sound . . .

And Sone, I'll consider those XXX's too . . . cause I do want the thump, but SQ is the main thing I'm shooting for here.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.