Since when....did your OPINIONS become FACT?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by BeEgEe, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

lol.

I like this particular forum.

But lately, some of you sound more like your preaching rather then debating and sharing different ideas, evidence, and concepts.

Because you subscribe to a particular school of thought, doesn't make it 100% correct, and every other school of thought 100% wrong and all of its subcribers...dumb, thoughtless, fools who will never learn.

Your theories about the way things work and the way things are, are not LAW, yet some of you act as tho they are....

This type of additude shuts down interesting discussions and really spoils this forum.

Its one thing to champion what you believe by attacking the opposition with limitless evidence towards your OPINION.

It's another to champion what you believe by attacking your opposition with limitless insults and skewing the debate toward your particular school of thought as though it is the ONLY and LAW.

Some of you are as arrogant as they come, lol and I don't expect you to even consider this, and this is not a plea to change, but those who do, practice this so we can make this forum better and more condusive toward elevated debate.

PS- stop PM'n me for other papers I've written
    "BG, have you written anything on ethno-violence in Southeast Asia"
    Turn in your own work!
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

you sexy hairy beast
    test
  3. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

i have this theory that all people are constantly switching between inner and outer focus. essentially, one is either focusing on their own thoughts (introspection) or focusing on things that exist outside of them (extrospection). because these two states of thinking contradict, one cannot simultaneously do both at the same time; its either one or the other.

with outer focus, because you are engaging the outside, in essence one necessarily 'loses himself' to the whatever is being engaged. accordingly, gone is the sensation of self consciouness (inner focus).

with inner focus, because one is engaging his own thoughts, one has detached from things that exist outside of that realm. this is so because one's thoughts are localized within him and cant be engaged unless he too retreats into this area. consequenty ones link to the outside world is strained.

i think in most people this crossing between inner and outer focus occurs constantly often going unoticed with certain events triggering the shifts. things like a boring class lecture triggering a daydream (inner focus), or flipping through the channels on the television and suddenly coming across a point of intrest triggering one's outer focus allowing him to fully engage whatever it is. in normal, healthy people i would say their state of thinking is most of the time outer focus with inner focus playing a supplementary role. in people who have too much inner focus, reality becomes an abstract construct of their own imaginations. at their best, these types of people realty is like a toy to wrestle and play with in their minds, at their worst their bodies become like torture chambers they are unable to escape from. perhaps a reason why so many great thinkers often walk a line between genius and insanity? something to consider.

i think all of this relates to your topic because it would explain why some on here seem incapabale of sharing (engaging) with others, instead spitting out monolagues as though unable to percieve the other person. i think the very nature of the the forum itself may trigger inner focus as its required to 'retreat ito ones thoughts' so to speak to construct these arguments.
    test
  4. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

Guilty as charged.

I think people begin "preaching" their stance as the only correct one when they feel their ideas are threatened.
    Being self-centered seems to be a symptom of our society. It is always about the self and instant gratification. Why work to have someone understand your views, when you can just overwhelm the person with whatever nonsense you have decided to spout. And forget about anyone attempting to rebut an argument with any amount of gravity; that is probably the rarest occurrence in a msgbrd.

Hmmm... Sodium, your theory sounds familiar. Explains my antisocial tendencies.

Beegee, people are actually trying to plagiarize your work? Name names.
    test
  5. Consider, BeGeEeEeEeEeEe (E's!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!)

This is a hip-hop board. What is hip-hop? Rebellious. What is rebellious? An intentional dialectic opposite of the perceived norm. What is is perceived norm?

Unimportant.

Rebels are dependant on a source of order. You can determine what the perceived source of order is by understanding the principles of current rebellion.

-Ego-maniacal self-proclimations
    -Overadherance to self-imagery
    -A desire to shape a world interpretation indepentant of others influence
    -Psychosexual association with objects of wealth

We now have quantized and understand what the rebellious hold dear! Therefore, we can concluded that Hip-Hop exists to overthrow the values of 16th century Puritans.

Way to be fucking late to the party, black people.
    test
  6. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

they are no names.
    3 posts
    64 posts
    300 sum odd posts

I have a feeling my genocide paper was turned in by a few heads lol
    and a couple of my iraq papers last semester.

Shit I even edited in a paper I needed to save on like the 4 page of some old post and 2 people found it, asked me if I had any more like it. Then I said sure and their request became more specific.

lol o well.
    test
  7. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

call me when you get back from your tangent.

and when you do

I'll tell you that you are the perfect example....

and of course you will wildly assume the opposite of whatever point I was trying to get across.
    test
  8. Leila Night

yikes. Ghet is so... As if people have not been rebelling against ideas and structures since eternity. "Way to be fucking late to the party, black people." Geez, Louise.

Beegee, I have this rule that I do not distribute any idea that I might want to lay claim to without attaching my full legal name and the date. I hate people who plagiarize... I heard legally that you are not supposed to post ideas online (or even have friends read it) because as soon you do you are giving up rights, and anyone who does read it will accidentally plagiarize.

Why is it that the some men on this forum cannot seem to discuss things without getting emotional? j/k but not.
    test
  9. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Great post, Sodium. It's my belief that by mastering self-reflection you can more efficiently interact with the world around you. When you understand yourself, you're more likely to understand other people... and vice verca, I guess. "Know thyself," in other words.

But the problem is when you get trapped within your own mind (is how I describe it) which can be hell. Goals are usually achieved to their best when the focus is outside oneseld. "In the zone," "flow" or whatever, it's referring to not being focused on what's going on your own mind.

So, as usual, the answer is finding a balance.
    test
  10. Sinnykal

Sinnykal all my fallen M.I.P

everybody feels strongly about thier personal opinons...so i guess when making a point it comes preachy...i've done it i think its human nature
    test
  11. Leila Night

When you lose perspective or the ability to calmly discuss a topic, your opinion becomes worthless, Sinnykal. Everyone has a bias, but that does not mean people have to believe their opinion is the only one worth examining.

I agree with Riz; you have to know yourself and know how to relate to others to be effective.
    test
  12. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i dont post opinions only facts

heres 1

ur a fuckin retard
    test
  13. Don't forget to pile on massive helpings of anti-Puritan funkiness!
    test
  14. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

abortion is genocide

didn't ya knoe?
    test
  15. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

lol.

opinion/fact distinguish the two
    test
  16. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

word..

i like to kick ideas around and get knowledge. for some people, it turns into an ego thing, and then thier emotions run the debate.

smh @ stealing your essays.. all the prof would have to do is go on boardtracker, if the other plagarism search sites didnt work
    test
  17. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

same here.

bounce ideas off, get some thoughtfull responses.

but man.

some of these fuckers really kick the door down
    make outrageous statements of opinion
    then critisize and insult people who disagree. lol.

example
    I write a paper, ask for a critique
    instead
    I get an EGO, nothing more, insult hurling fool RANTING about how abortion is genocide, completely ignoring my paper, then when he does adress my paper, the EGO, over looks the scope of the paper, and embarasses himself, only to hurl more insults

lol

i like it
    but

I would rather have a much more fomal discussion on the subject

good and great threads turn in jokes when this opinion/fact line is crossed.
    test
  18. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

So... would telling someone what a word does or doesn't mean - something that is entirely subjective/relative and in no way a fact - fit under your description of people pushing their opinions under the guise of facts onto others?
    test
  19. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

not at all.

I made the claim that this was my opinion as well as most of the scientific community

I found the statement interesting, especially if one could prove it.

I dug around the i-net and the library for info on both

but found nothing.

not one person has made this claim. other than a pro-life zealot

ghet did a piss poor job of providing exidence
    he just pointed fingers in directions and hurling insults lol
    he spoke as if this was common knowledge
    when in fact there is no literature (I or he) could find that makes the claim that 21st century abortion is in fact genocide

I wasn't claiming that abortion not being genocide is a fact.

I was claiming the it was not recognized as such.

I wanted evidence, he gave me useless data that only proved that abortion can be part of a genocide

It would be an interesting case if it could be made, but in truth abortion in the sense that ghet was speaking (voting bloc) falls in the catagory of politicide better.

debate on the subject was warranted
    but ghet wasn't interested.

his opinion was fact. acording to him and him alone
    test
  20. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

yea, always been like that.

the worst is when someone has no argument and they convince themselves they won with ad-homo nonsense

it can be fun to watch, but it generates heat not light

i keep my posts based on mostly ideas, thats all i can do about it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.