Since a droplet..

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by GaLaTeA, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

...is the most aerodynamic shape known to mankind, why hasn't anyone tried making a vehicle that would be reminiscent of a droplet?

Could be as petite as a Smart, tbh.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well there is definately cars that have used its inspiration

there is probably aesthetic reasons too

but i think aerodynamically because the car is on the ground and not free falling, I think that the droplet shape isnt as efficient as the shapes theyve chosen(flat bottom)
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Yeah, I've found a few via frisking google, and most of them are as you've mentioned it, aesthetically challenging...

[​IMG]

Again, it's looking a tad better, but the undercarriage's flat.

[​IMG]
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

maybe when there is no longer vehicles that travel on the ground they will start revolutionizing the shapes...

as long as they are grounded though, im sure you can expect flat bottoms.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^That could take ages, I kind of doubt I'll be seeing floating cars in my lifetime.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah the liability is too high....

insurance companies have big pull and i doubt theyd ever let it become standard without massive and super complicated safety measures in place.... Which as you stated, wont happen in our lifetime
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

The closest right now to some sort of upgrade in technology was google's self-driving vehicle ~ and it's only legal in Nevada.

In time, even the insurance companies would have to change their policies. Although car insurance by then might be slightly more expensive. :scared:
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well california has already made roads that are compatable with self driving cars, and are making the cars to go with them.

and insurance companies are pushing for technology for almost total control of your vehicles. Insurance is BIG money and the influence a TON of what goes on in the world
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Small steps in the right direction. :)
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Insurance companies want to eventually install full monitors of your vehicle, so if you speed youll just get a ticket in the mail, same with not wearing seatbelts, running lights and stop signs... etc etc...

they already have influenced the usage of black boxes in cars, so now after accidents insurance companies can find out if you were speeding, wearing a belt, if you signaled or whatever....

soon theyll just set us up with personal camera monitors that make sure we all eat our tomatoes and brush our teeth
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.