Silva KO'd!!!!

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SoFlo, Jul 6, 2013.

1. SoFlo

SoFlo New Member

did anybody see the Silva fight tonight?! i didnt see that shii coming!!
    test
  2. Theorist Threat

Theorist Threat Thread Killer!

Haha it was great. All that taunting and fucking around and then BAM, night night...
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well i didnt see it coming specifically in that fight, but yes i did see him getting knocked out soon. Nobody can be on top forever and it was about his time...

and how embarrassing for him. Karma kicked his ass
    test
  4. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

how is it embarassing?

he gets knocked out showboating, which is his style, and everyone goes "if he hadn't done that..."

no shit. if he hadn't showboated, he would've ko'd weidman. now, his one ko loss comes from being an idiot, chris doesn't get the respect because he didn't "really" beat silva, and silva can now move on to take superfights and retire flossing his teeth with diamond toothpicks.
    test
  5. Theorist Threat

^Except Dana White said now that he lost, there will be no superfight between him and GSP or between him and JBJ.
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

there never was gonna be anyway. neither of those fights make sense.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

id be embarrassed, im not saying that my self esteem would be damaged for life, but id feel kinda dumb for it.
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'm sure he feels dumb, but i'm also sure he's not too torn up about it.

think about it: there's absolutely nobody in that class that is fuckin with him. he ran through everyone without a problem.

time to move on. now he has the opportunity to do whatever he likes and he'll make bank for it.
    test
  9. Theorist Threat

I always thought the same thing. I know a lot of people wanted at least one of those to happen though. Im not too disappointed lol.
    test
  10. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

all isay is..Lennox Lewis vs Rahman..or Tyson s first loss ever. Things just happen..people knocked fedor for getting caught by Werdoom, but it takes nothing away from each of these fighters accomplishments. There always comes a time when the stars are aligned against you, im not a Silva fanboy, but that loss was comparable to Lewis loss to Rahman..and Lewis still is the best heavyweight of the last 30 years..Silva was just compltely overconfident and arrogant, 99 out of 10 0times it goes well...but then one day it happens. a birthday present..a fluke, because we all know what would happen in a re match..
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

they're talking rematch now. possibly last card of the year.

weidman better step his wrestling game up cuz silva's not gonna taunt him again. he's gonna come out ready to bang.
    test
  12. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Lol @ him saying he predicted his loss then getting knocked out after showboating

Hopefully they released his family as promised.
    test
  13. Theorist Threat

Yeah I heard they are trying to get it on the Dec. 28 card if the female championship fight doesnt happen then. Im not sure of their(the females) names. Ive never seen the women fight, never plan on it either, so hopefully they can get Silva/Weidman 2 for Dec. You dont want to end the year with a shitty card and a shitty main event imo.
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

That superfight was never gonna happen. Gsp likes being the stronger guy and Anderson likes being the taller guy. As far as jones vs. hw champ, jones was scared of machidas flurry. No superfights will happen unless you consider aldo vs Bendo a superfight
    test
  15. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I usually agree with most of what you say, but this sounded kind of haterish/unrealistic.
    test
  16. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

What I mean by that is he retreated back in a straight line or extended his hands in full defense mode when he gets hit. Jones doesn't need to slip punches, bob and weave, etc bcuz all he needs to do with these little guys is retreat and keep his distance. That doesn't work with heavyweights I don't care how tall you are.

I guess I should replace "scared" with "went into retreat mode"
    test
  17. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

No doubt. Machida certainly has more striking finesse, and Jones still lacked a level of experience at that point. I bet the guy isn't even really used to getting hit in practice.

And I agree also, I think that at the moment Cain Velesquez would probably beat Jon Jones. I think eventually Jones will surpass all heavyweights though.
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

pass all heavyweights how?

I agree I think Cain beats Jones too. As far as I know Cain fights between 240-250 which is not far from Jones' walk around weight of about 235. That would be an interesting fight standing or wrestling
    test
  19. young joe

young joe New Member

Don't be cocky in the ring!
    test