should zimmerman get the death penalty

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^the difference being that no cops tried to help them cover it up

the difference being that they all were arrested
    test
  2. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Zimmerman is mexican, I'm just sick of this being called a white/black racial thing
    test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

ok so he's mexican. put lets be honest breath, if a 28 year old black man killed a 17 year old white kid, do u think he would have been let go by the police?
    test
  4. breathlesss

In florida, under the circumstances, yes
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i dont think its happened since O.J.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

True words.
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

if u wanna be specific he is actually mixed with white
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

All the racial profiling aside ~ death is always hard to deal with, but especially hard when someone has been taken away from you by a violent piece of ish.

Hopefully justice will be served and the offender will get what he has coming.
    test
  9. breathlesss

And we figure out who the initial offender was, like whether zimmerman ran up on the kid and grabbed him (most likely) or if the kid ducked dude and ran up behind him as zimmerman was"getting out of his car to see what street he was on" in a community he should know by heart, that sounds fishy to me
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

a witness claims that a conversation took place before the "fight". it seems like everyday new "evidence" comes up. just today i hear that zimmermans father is claiming martin threatened to kill zimmerman
    test
  11. breathlesss

I've been reading stuff about the cops of that area having previous racial wrongdoings, like years bback
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

test
  13. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i'm not too clear on exactly what took place, it'll be interesting to see what facts come to light during trial

correct me if i'm wrong but as i understand it, zimmerman was on the phone to a police operator whilst tailing trayvon. the police operator asked for the details/description of trayvon. zimmerman advised he was tailing a number 1 male. operator advised zimmerman to cease following. zimmerman lost sight of trayvon and returned to his vehicle. at his vehicle trayvon now approached zimmerman, words were exchanged briefly before physical altercations took place. i think there has been 2 witness accounts saying zimmerman was on top of trayvon and one on the contrary. then trayvon was fatally shot.

pretty sketchy to assume too much if that's all the details we're currently aware of at the moment. i wouldn't call it a racial thing unless i wanted to call all police intelligence racially prejudice too. if trayvon did approach zimmerman after zimmeran either lost him or ceased tailing as advised, i could assume trayvon felt he was in the dominant position as a result of zimmerman initially appearing to have ceased following him. in which case i could also assume trayvon initiated the assault. but that don't mean zimmerman didn't prematurely draw his firearm and fire either

i wouldn't wanna speculate either way, but even if found guilty of 2nd degree murder, i don't think the death penalty is warranted
    test
  14. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

I don't believe in capital punishment for a bunch of reasons, so no. From a spiritual point of view, Man was created in the image of God, so that any violence on Men is an act against the Image of God. From a secular standpoint, how does taking a life correct the taking of a life? I don't see the rationale.
    test
  15. breathlesss

I predict the 2nd degree murder charge was a bad decision, and he will not be found guilty, he should've been charged with negligent homicide, or at least manslaughter
    but murder? that implies intent...but, I don't believe that trayvon initiated it, something sounds off about the neighborhood watch captain, getting out of his car in the rain to "check what street he's on", then the kid he was following comes up on him... yea sure
    I think Zimmerman confronted him aggressively, trayvon may or may not have swung first, but most likely got the uppperhand, and Zimmerman panicked and went for a subduing shot that ended up being fatal
    test
  16. breathlesss

in this case a death sentence wouldn't be "balancing the scales" I don't see Zimmerman killing more people, he's not a lost cause...
    but for real murdery murderers, yea, they should die. the alternative is keeping an inrehabilitatable noncontributer to society alive on the taxes of the rest, I'm sure the cost of living to keep someone incarcerated exceeds the cost of one Foster child's lifelong expenses... put the money saved to proper use, let the murderer meet his maker it saves 2 lives really, can the life of an inmate really be considered a living?
    test
  17. Brown Jesus

A subduing shot? Ha ha really? I think he was shot in the chest. That isn't a subduing shot, that's a kill shot.
    test
  18. Brown Jesus

24 hour lockdown with bread and water is my choice. Weekly checks to make sure they haven't attempted suicide in their cells, but pretty much toss the key
    test
  19. breathlesss

even minimal care and food costs a lot, and electricity, heat, water...why keep lifers in prison forever?
    and I consider a kill shot to be in the head, or multiple times in the body
    test
  20. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

^supposedly the appeals process makes executing them more expensive than life in jail
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.