Should white people rap?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by teacozy, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

Em is top 5 Dead or Alive. However he made too many stupid ass songs that took him out the running to be the greatest a LOOOONG TIME AGO...
    test
  2. reznick

reznick New Member

what stupid songs did he create a loooong time ago?
    test
  3. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

Jesus christ hes killing this and it isn't even my favorite song from him..
    test
  4. teacozy

teacozy New Member

everything between Encore and Recovery
    test
  5. lightskintwin

Encore and Relapse were 2 HORRIBLE ALBUMS!!! The rest of his albums, I can fuck with.
    test
  6. reznick

reznick New Member

Encore was pretty bad. But there were some fire tracks like Toy Soldiers.

Relapse was fuckin dope.

I hope you dont hold "Slim Shady LP" standards to all his albums like most fans do.

There was nothing like prime Eminem. Without Me. That songs a fuckin masterpeice. Its like a goddamn cartoon poppin out in real life through audio.

Hes the greatest becasue his flawless integration of insanely dope bars/structures and content (what hes saying). He could talk about 4 different ideas in two lines and it will all be connected perfectly. The stuff he says is also so funny that you dont need to be a rap fan to enjoy that shit. Yet if you are a rap fan, theres no gimmick, because he uses intricate rhyme schemes as a catalyst for the insane content of his lyrics.

Not to mention the emotion in his delivery, timing, rhythm.
    test
  7. lightskintwin

Huge EM fan, but the best of HOV shits all on him.
    test
  8. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

That track is murderous no matter who you ask. Apathy is one cat that people REALLY need to quit sleeping on...
    test
  9. lightskintwin

Is there a particular album or song from Apathy I should check out first?
    test
  10. 6thSense

6thSense Ashwin

This...in other words: Em's songs are pretty much like extremely well directed movies, but in audio/music form. But the difference between Infinite Eminem and Slim Shady Eminem seems so major in terms of overall song dopeness. The credit for this difference goes to Dre. His production pretty much defined Eminem's persona. That production supported his style. So, that's a lotta credit Dre gets in the entire body of work.

To prove this, look at the more recent beats Eminem's been using. They all sound generic and don't particularly make him sound dominant while rapping. In Em's prime, every beat was tailor-made for Em by Dre to especially suit him. Without all that, I'll guess that Eminem would have been another Apathy/Cage hybrid.
    test
  11. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

Peep the track I posted a few posts up...
    test
  12. You are mad

You are mad Ur so angry

/Facepalm some ignorant fuckers on this forum. The human race needs cleansing.
    test
  13. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

well beastie boys made the best hip-hop album ever, so yes, some should
    test
  14. JaredFromSubway

JaredFromSubway New Member

yo only read half this thread, BUT

black people>white people rapping.

but also white people that do decide they want to rap should not try and act black in attempt to disguise themselves to be better at rapping..it does not work. There are white people who are natural at the shit. Slug from Atmosphere is a good example, he can rap better than almost every black rapper, he was ment to rap.

Problem with white people that rap they either A)try to be eminem B)try to be black, in both instances they come across as hella corny and is fairly embarrassing to the rest of us
    test
  15. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Slug is half black, for the record. Half-castes run this shit.
    test
  16. JaredFromSubway

JaredFromSubway New Member

are you serious? been listening to him for like 8 years and I didnt know that? well that does fuck up my argument that some should rap. his content matter does show that its likely to be a 60/40 split dominate on the white side though.

...well that explains why theres 2 white guys in my top 5.
    test
  17. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

no way slug is half black. Maybe like an an 1/8 or something.
    test
  18. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

"fuck rap , go play volly ball "

slugs corny
    test
  19. teacozy

teacozy New Member

MVRemix: A rapper who’s a mutual friend of ours told me recently that you’re light skinned black. Is this true?

Slug: Hahaha. I mean I’m mixed, you know. It’s kind of like, especially in America if you’ve got a little bit of black in you, when the revolution comes, you’re probably gonna get killed just like the rest of the blacks. So, under that guise group…My mother’s white and my father is black/native American. So, it makes me really light skinned. Most people think that I’m Italian or a very tall Spanish kid. Just by looking at me, you can’t really tell by my skin or my hair. But, girls always say that my features look like I’m not white. I don’t know, you know what, lets not talk about that kind of stuff.
    test
  20. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

So his father is 1/2 black, which would make him 1/4 black. So technically he can say "nigga" if he wants to.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.