Should Teens Avoid Weed?

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Crates, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

What do you think of this?
    test
  2. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

I guess one question to consider in relation to this is if marijuana is made legal in America what should be the legal age for being able to legally smoke it? I'd have no problems with 20 or 21 being set as the legal age. By 20 most people's brains should be fully developed.
    test
  3. Josh Witter

Josh Witter Manager for Aidan Kernan

I'm a teen who smokes, but I do believe it should be restricted to over 21+. But that doesn't stop teens from drinking either.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im a pro pot smoker and have been for 20+yrs. I grew up fine and pay my bills. I started smoking pot at 12.
    So whats that say about that study?
    Just saying i turned out just fine and id be considered an above average to heavy pot smoker for most of those 20+ yrs.

I dont think teens should avoid it, but i dont think they should seek it out either. Its whatever, if it happens it happens if not then ah well. I think people think too much.

and as far as legal age for pot smoking thats easy, theyd tie it in with a current age law, im sure theyd just say you have to be the same age as the legal age for alcohol.

I dont have kids so i cant say how id feel about them smoking pot. I think a parents concern comes from they just dont want their kids to fuck up their lives and become dropouts and addicts and shit... if you can smoke pot and function then who cares, TONS of people worldwide do everyday. As long as you still function as a human then giver. Its a problem when it starts to affect your life negatively and those around you. Everyone is different
    test
  5. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

They should smoke it in ritual circumstances once every 6 months. Just to get a perspective on whats important and whats programming, indoctrination and subordination. It helps on critical thinking and facing yourself. It opens the neuropathways in the brain making supression and brainwashing/programming extremely hard.

They discovered this in the MK Ultra trials. I believe that is why the system cracks down on it moreso than other drugs, it makes people hard to conform and rebellious.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^this must be why i feel like im an outsider lookin in rather than apart of society. Iv avoided much brainwashing for 20+yrs lol

anyways i dont know if what you said is true or not but its how i always felt about it. Like it woke me up and now i stepped outside the fence.
    test
  7. antilluminati

Thats why a lot of people get "psychosis" from smoking weed. It shatters their programming, beliefs and makes them face all their oppressed feelings and questions about reality. Just seeing that our construct of society is fabricated and that there just might be a different purpose to reality scares some people, especially the ones that have been successfully indoctrinated to the point that they are critisizing people who do not adapt to or question the way "most people see things and live".
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^yeah i think its why some people say they feel "paranoid" on weed. Its opened a new pathway of thinking and since its new and unused it creates that uneasy feeling they call "paranoia and anxiety"....... I know the feeling, im pretty sure every pot smoker has smoked weed and had an unpleasant high. Just some people its unpleasant all the time. Unpleasant in the way it makes them think. The paranoia and anxiety emotions get triggered and it feels like shit. This feeling sucks and some people cant get passed it. Those are the ones whove smoked and decided they didnt like it. Its happened to me a few times and there was a time where it happened for a long while and i contemplated quitting cuz the feeling sucks bad. But it wasnt the weed. It was my mental health at the time. I was really stressed out and the weed just made it worse.... Soon as i learned how to deal with stress through meditation ive had no issues with that bad feeling.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

to me the thread title is the same as asking "should teens avoid alcohol?"

also even if the study is true, alcohol has FAR more negative effects on people than weed, and its legal for every adult. So it would make no sense to use this for the anti-weed debate fodder... because the legality of alcohol and prescription pills and their negative effects on society voids that argument 1000x over
    test
  10. antilluminati

I think weed and alcohol in the right circumstances will be benefitial for some individuals of the youth in todays society in the right company under the right circumstances.

Introverts might benefit from a beer or two as along as they learn how to drink. Anyone can benefit from weed as long as they can get over the self awareness and over-analyzing that comes with it, if you can keep yourself balanced by reminding yourself how things would be if you were sober you can learn to filter out any unpleasentness. It could help you get to know yourself, face your fears, learn to appreciate the details in food, music, film and people. Also to immerse yourself in the beauty of life. Which should be possible in real life, but unfortunately not in our fabricate of society which only caters to materialism and left-brain reality. That's why I believe weed could possibly be made by God. It is without a doubt the most useful plant on earth, end of discussion.
    Overconsumption and selfmedication to escape from reality itself is the problem, not the substance itself. When it becomes a habit which actually becomes selfdestructive it is no longer being used with respect. I've smoked once in the last 6 months, which is the longest break in maaaany years, I've been smoking daily for half my life. But I decided if I was going to do anything productive I had to concentrate on becoming more productive, which became a problem. I also started battling and it has helped with memorizing and focusing on the battle by preparing more and earlier. Won my last 2 and now I'm 4-1 and I don't really like taking a L :D

Still I like weed, she's been a good companion, but I'm gonna respect her more until I get a house and a garden and got time and money to kick back a bit ;)

What I now tell all the youth I'm around is respect it, and tell them the concequence might be that you'd have to choose between what you love doing and her if you don't respect her.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I never feel weird about smoking all the pot i have in my life. When i dont have it i dont have it, and i get by just fine. I like it, so i smoke it. Ive managed to be productive my whole life.
    the only thing i regret about it is that it kept me from bonding with my parents as a teen.

sure some would say, but imagine if youd never started... well yeah, imagine also if you had wings and could shoot lightning from your eyeballs? Or imagine you were born in the English royal family? or had chosen to be an astronaught? sure lots of supposing can go on. You can suppose anything you want, so i dont know why youd put more weight on 1 suppose over another.... lol
    test
  12. antilluminati

I won't regret it, I had many moments that have shaped me into who I am because of it. But one could say that about anything in life :)
    test
  13. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

the shit u was smokin at 12 aint what the kids smokin at 12 now.....

BUT

I still got faith in the youth that if they wanna puff a lil tree they can...

jus rememba to stick to ya goals/plans regardless...neva let treez slow you down or take away from ya potential...

if you a teen that smoke use that shit to ya benefit

let it help you to reach ya destination

don't smoke without purpose is my message to teens

ez
    test
  14. Mel Man

forshoo

weed is a gateway to free thought

cuz you come back inside...internal...........

shit is illlegal not cuz it's a "drug" that's BULLSHIT

it's illlegal cuz of it's truth n strengthh
    test
  15. Mel Man

woooord

repped
    test
  16. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

my simple answer: yes.

i do think substances (like alcohol, cigarettes, etc.) should be intended for 18+ and 21+ year olds, so i would add weed in the mix too
    test
  17. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

People should learn to function in life first, some learn early some don't but when someone who's not learned work ethic or dedication or anything positive in life it doesn't help to start smoking weed, it's a tool and unless you're prepared to benefit from it there's no reason to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^yepp for sure. I knew so many kids in highschool that weed became the only thing they thought about. Theyd steal from their parents so they could get weed. Failed school.... didnt have any priorities other than gettin high, "whens the next time im gettin high?"

i would disagree with people who say weed isnt addictive... because ive seen it be addictive for some. Might not be a physical chemical dependancy, but some trigger in their brain has them addicted in some way.
    test
  19. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

test
  20. Geedorah

Geedorah King

I have a question: Why do you feel the need to smoke weed?

Everything is addictive, that is problem with them, not with the thing that they are focused on.
    Not every alcohol.
    test