Should steroids be legalized?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Steve Schade, Oct 7, 2007.

?

Should steroids be legal?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Submit your answer, and give reason for your opinion.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

wow what a coincidence i was just thinking of making a steroid thread myself

right now im not sure, im pretty uneducated about them and so is most of the nation. with that said i think there would be a lot of steroid abuse. people just getting into lifting especially all these (insert name for new jack lifters who buy every supplment on the market) would be buying it by the gallon and be doing tremendous damage to themselves. i also think it would take a lot of the gamemanship out of competitive lifting such as competitive bodybuilding/powerlifting. also most atheletes who are on "gear" tend to never be the same without it, not just in sports like baseball and football, but in lifting sports too, people always talk about Ronnie Coleman and how he fell off.

it also wouldnt be fair to the people who want to compete naturally at the professional level, its like ok so now they either have to compete for what would become something much less prestigious or practically be forced into taking anabolic steroids, but then again so many people in those circuits take them anyway and idk, they must just cycle off before the testing anyway so who knows...maybe its already taken over professional sports but lets atleast leave it out of the hands of kids who dont know shit about what theyre taking/doing.
    test
  3. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Here's my take on it, distribution should be illegal, posession should be legal.

In 1990 when steroids were placed in the controlled substance act, congress did so without the support of the American Medical Association, the FDA, the DEA, and the National Institute on Drug Abuse, all of whom protested the federal and state. Yes, it's quite true.

From what I've heard, to even compete in most powerlifting or bodybuilding events, you HAVE to be on gear. It's not as if legalizing them would make it commonplace in the sport because it already is! ... The only Olympic sports in which anabolic steroids have not been detected are women's field hockey and figure skating. True story.

Aside from that, MOST people using have done their research and know what they're doing. Anyone who does a cycle of steroids without proper protocols will quickly learn they don't know what they're doing and need to seek out advice. I'm a member of 4 or 5 message boards with steroid forums and all are knowledgeable, they discourage use among anyone under 21 and always tout the positives of waiting til later in life to use. It's an intelligent and responsible group.

I see no reason why substances which can create so many positives for an individual should be illegal. The possible downsides and health problems(which really aren't proven) are absolutely irrelevant, this comes down to personal choice and ownership of one's own body. Trans fats, cigarettes, alcohol, McDonalds, flour, and sugar all pose many more health risks than steroids could ever hope to and are wildly abundant and available.

Legalize them.
    test
  4. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

I don't know much about roids, but the idea of widely available juice doesn't sound healthy for some reason
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

[​IMG]
    test
  6. LiveFromThe781

yeah its one of those things that gets repeated over and over to you and gets stigmatized from the time youre a child in 4th grade health class (remember Tito and them from those cartoons?) and it continues through your whole life. of course the bodybuilders are approving of it, but what is the medical community saying? - i ask this out of sincere curiosity, and also think both sides need to be compared (im sure they have but like i said im pretty ignorant on the subject)

regardless of how safe it is or not, i still probaly wouldnt ever take it.
    test
  7. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

He's right.. from what I understand.

Even in small dosages it can be harmful. Steroids you took decades ago can have effects on your health YEARS down the road.

It's like selling your soul to the devil... it all good now, you're the champ for the moment, but you'll pay for it later.

and you're more likely to injure yourself on gear from over using your muscles. You'll end up with some nasty injuries.

It wouldn't be good for the kids in America. Kids will think you NEED to be on gear in order to compete. We all seen it... the 11th grade JV football back up who weighs 100 lbs soaking wet, benching 95 lbs, that take gear for a "short cut" ...It's a recipe for disaster.

Too many uneducated muthafuckas out their to experiment with such a monster.
    test
  8. Purple Haze

test
  9. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

As I said before, anyone abusing steroids in an ignorant fashion will quickly learn the detrimental effects it can create when one has not a clue. I would think this much would make an individual seek out information and thus stub the foolish use.

Back in the 70's and 80's while steroids were still legal, steroid use among high schoolers was only something like 4%. That's not really a widespread epidemic.

Besides the, again, unproven, link between steroids and health problems, this all boils down to personal choice... One can eat mcdonalds hamburgers, get heart disease and die from a heart attack but this is legal. One can smoke cigarettes, get lung cancer AND heart disease, and then die from complications. One can eat Ho-Hos and Pixie Sticks til they're bouncing off the walls, develop diabetes, go blind and then fall into a coma, and then die. This is all fine and dandy, and legal. It's not the government's job to tell me how to handle my health, so if I want to use steroids, I should be able to.

The point I'm making is that there are numerous subtances widely available which have been proven to cause death and long term health problems with ZERO health benefits. Why then, should steroids, which provide numerous benefits, and possibly health problems(which is iffy) be illegal?!??? That makes no sense, at all.

Kids can eat trans fat filled burgers and flour filled bread, but grown men can't take some extra testosterone to grow some extra muscle. What a fucking joke.
    test
  10. macmilimeterhyms

macmilimeterhyms Product of the 80s

yea true, but they are cracking down on food

here's what government doctors say about steroids:

"steroids are dangerous drugs, and when used inappropriately, they can cause a host of severe, long-lasting, and often irreversible negative health consequences. These drugs can stunt the height of growing adolescents, masculinize women, and alter sex characteristics of men. Anabolic steroids can lead to premature heart attacks, strokes, liver tumors, kidney failure and serious psychiatric problems. In addition, because steroids are often injected, users risk contracting or transmitting HIV or hepatitis.."

I think it would be easier to misuse steroids than hamburgers and pixie sticks personally
    test
  11. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

LoL@transmitting HIV or hepatitis, I have never, ever, heard of anyone reccommending reusing needles. Ever. It's complete idiocy, especially considering how cheap needles are. That shit has to so incredibly rare that's it not even worth mentioning, aside from that, anyone sharing needles deserves the deadly disease they contract.

The key word in that whole bit though is "inappropriately", basically what I've been saying which is- there's a difference between USE and ABUSE.

As for changing the sex characteristics of men, this is easily reversed/stumped by proper PCT and anti-e's such as nolvadex and/or clomiphene.

As for the rest of those serious health problems, this is largely unfounded. There's really no concrete proof of steroids when used in reasonable amounts causing deadly health problems. Again, as I've said, there are men who have been on Testosterone for 20 years with no health problems.

It all boils down to PERSONAL CHOICE. The harm, if any, comes to the USER, and no one else. It's a victimless crime-ie, not a crime. If someone can drink or smoke, I should damn well be able to use anabolics.

Anyone who supports steroids being illegal should be ready for the FDA to take away your supplements, because it's coming, and not one fucking person better bitch because after all, the government knows what's best for your health. Right?
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

"there are men who have been on Testosterone for 20 years with no health problems"

uh, dont ya mean steroids?

i seriously doubt steroids will ever become legal, mainly because no one in our government uses them or knows anyone who does. also, bodybuilders arent quite the activist type. ...wait hold that thought, what about Arnold? Why isn't he petitioning the legalization of steroids?

and im not concerned with the FDA taking away my supplements, whey protein and BCAA's both of which i can get from eggs, at about the same price.
    test
  13. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Ok, there are men who have been on steroids for 20 years with no health problems.

Steroids may never become legal, I only asked whether people think they should be or not. Considering pharmaceutical companies couldn't make a killing, they won't push it... And Arnold isn't petitioning steroids because at this point it's suicide, steroids have been demonized to the point where people associate steroid users with that of the common crack head. When really, just a recent study out this week shows that 70% of steroid users are white males around the age of 30 who are full-time employed with bachelor degrees.

You're not concerned with the FDA taking away supplements? What the hell is wrong with you?

I find it funny the US government's allowing the US to turn into a diabetic fucking wasteland full of bloated fucking heart disease ridden sedentary fat fucking piles of shit, while outlawing anabolics and soon tightly regulating nutritional supplements. The government wants you to be a potato glued to the couch.

I'm getting a degree and getting the fuck out of the states. This country fucking blows me.
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

lol this country is fucked.

but on a serious note where did you hear about the government regulating supplements, and to what extent?
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

No. End of story.
    test
  16. Gorilla Nasty

You'd be surprised.
    test
  17. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

pixie sticks are hardcore
    test
  18. Servical

Servical S on my chest.

Truthfully, no.
    test
  19. Gorilla Nasty

Food and candy are hardcore ruining more peoples health than all drugs combined you idiot.
    test
  20. Purple Haze

Junk Food*

I have yet to read a single article on how excessive consumption of peas and carrots ruin peoples health.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.