Should I go for the 22s or 23s?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by sticky2178, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sticky2178

sticky2178 New Member

I was wondering if any of the rim gurus out there could help me out with my choice. I got a 97 extended cab Lariat f-150 and Im looking to either get 22s or 23s. If i get the 22s im going to get set with a 2 inch lip and get the spinning kit adapter made by chopper, or I want to get 23s and just leave them as is since I have not seen a chopper kit come in 23s for a price that im willing to spend. Drop your post. I had 20s on it a little bit ago and there was slight vibration when i would slam on the pedal, how much vibration will i get on 22s and 23s? And I know the 20s were killing the gas, will the 22s and 23s just do a little more damage or is it going to be next level type shyt lol?

o and drop possible quotables for the back window lol:
    "Cant Lose With 22s, Thats Whats Up!"

"Rims Keep Spinning Everytime I Stop"

or

"MICHAEL JORDANS 23" "
    test
  2. LYFE-LINE

LYFE-LINE New Member

hmmmm to stop your vibration on your brakes..might need a bigger brake kit... to stop them monsters..just remember if you get into a wreck with you hitting someone they can sue the hell out of you for having BIG RIMS with small factory brakes...

but back to the question...hmmmm my friend has 24's rims with spin be dropped 10K on them rims..but there is the problem with spinning rims..you gotta take good care of them...avoid water and rain if you can...and winter also......so im thinking go with the 23's...with out spinners....and bigger brake kits..i belive brembo makes big brake kits for trucks also
    test
  3. ArithmaTeks

ArithmaTeks New Member

well my boy has a dodge with 24 spreewells sittin nice.

id go wit the 23s too i think. but the choppers would also look quite nice.that seems to be the new thing on trucks now a days
    test
  4. sticky2178

sticky2178 New Member

I think for right now I am going to go with the 22s with the 2 inch lip and then when ever I have some money to spend get the spin kit.
    test
  5. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

bigger rotors and brakes
    test
  6. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

Wtf Shit Would Look Horrible On That Car
    test
  7. Dj Def

Dj Def Cuttin Up Da Vinyl

Post sum pics of it right now....is it still red? Ever do that grill conversion?
    test
  8. DanneRo

DanneRo ... .. . .. ...

23's Gon Rub...
    test
  9. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Spinners are ill...But if your gonna upgrade you might as well upgrade to 24'...but if you can't afford em..go with some nice ass 23's....but the spinners are gonna be off da chain anyways...
    test
  10. lpoet

lpoet POET

test
  11. sticky2178

sticky2178 New Member

23s dont rub but i heard 24s do. I am going to get a harley grill billet or whatever put in with some new clear corners but thats it for the front. It should look ridiculous when its done, I had 20s and they looked decent just way to small. And im going to cop the 22s with the 2 inch lip just incase I want to add on spinners ever.
    test
  12. sticky2178

sticky2178 New Member

o and about the winters, I live in florida so they are going to be on all year.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.