Shotty is no longer battling for the Don't Flop title; Chris Leese next in line

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by JobOne, Jun 21, 2013.

1. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

https://www.facebook.com/dontflop/posts/511374405598253
    Sound like Shotty may even be taking a hiatus from battling as well.
    test
  2. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Yeah, looks like Shotty is done.

test
  3. CarlPevada

CarlPevada Active Member

Weird though.

DF has a really different approach about title matches than KOTD, they really don't let any doubt go on.

Co-sign the contenders and Chris Leese vs Tony D but damn, this type of post totally kills the hype or any debate.
    test
  4. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo Active Member

Battlers "retire" every other week
    test
  5. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

This is weird, was the whole broken jaw thing real or was that just something made up in the hope that Shotty would change his mind in time?

I just dont understand why hes stopped battling unless his music career is popping off or hes giving it all up for good.

He wasnt one of my favourites but I think he already opened doors for Uk battlers (more liked by the "street" crowd) and could possibly have got onto URL, but there you go hes gotta do what he wants to do and the best of luck to him.
    test
  6. Nick Vayne

Nick Vayne Well-Known Member

Finally, Shotty's been overrated way too long

also... PH for the title? I mean.. really?
    test
  7. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Its a shame because i was looking forward to that match and also because shotty was agl for uk battling. I like battlers who can actually rap.
    test
  8. sundeep

sundeep Member

Man these battles rappers who blow up in terms of views and all of a sudden decide to retire because they feel their either above battle rap or that it will hurt them in the long run is a joke.
    Guys like Soul Khan, Lunar C, and now Shotty havent done much in music to actually believe battle rap would actually hurt their music career, when they actually dont really have one yet.
    :idontbelieveu2:
    The only battle rapper that i actually respect and understood who stopped battling for his music career was 360 and hes actually a platinum, and award winning rapper in austrilia.

Dude even battled while his album was actually out (kerser, okwerdz)
    test
  9. VanillaNigga

VanillaNigga Alf Gang 2.0

Who cares?

Shotty had 1 good battle against fingaz and came really OVER hyped against Arsonal, and then slowly declined from there. Chest slappin at all his opponents bars regardless if they were hot or not... needs to take a step down and play his part tbh
    test
  10. VanillaNigga

VanillaNigga Alf Gang 2.0

Straight up Shotty never had bodybag material or anything cutting, he was always there to make friends. Even on Twitter ie. My brother Ars, the big brother Pat, the homie daylyt, etc.. he was there to make connections, never that to be a cutthroat battler... he wont be missed iah
    test
  11. dexptjy

dexptjy Active Member

Shotty choked more than Loe Pesci, will not be missed.
    test
  12. Eon0011

Eon0011 Member

Fair point. Time will tell with Shotty. If he actual starts putting out music and makes some industry moves then I'll support. I hear Everlast supposed to have offered Shotty a record deal. There's more to life than battle rap. Not every rapper will be able to sustain a battle career like TheSaurus and Diz.
    test
  13. Solotv84

Solotv84 Member

Why Shotty retriing?
    test
  14. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

no he didn't fool , he forgot his writtens 3 times & freestyled some hot shit ... Loe Pesci straight choked bunch of times and sometimes for like 5 minutes of straight silence , SHotty kept spittin
    test
  15. dexptjy

dexptjy Active Member

Watch his battles again. Whether he tried to freestyle out of it or not, he choked in basically in all his battles.
    test
  16. NiceBattlRapGuy

NiceBattlRapGuy Active Member

test
  17. PieMans

PieMans Member

Chris Leese cannot win...he's a complete bell-end. Hoping Tony D doesn't fuck up and make it easy for him.
    test