shorter men

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by DaAlmightyDolla, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Yeah, you're most probably right. I'd love to be 5'9" but it's no biggie.
    test
  2. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

See now that kind of strikes me as weird. In my experiences, taller girls wished they were a little shorter. I'd say 5'5" to about 5'7"ish would be the optimum range. Of course that's by my standards[nonono]

Sounds like you got some sort of height fetish. Are your parents tall?

I also wish I was 2 inches taller, but am still fine with my height. My older brother is 6'2". Honestly, I was/am happy that my little brother stopped growing and is about the same height as me. Especially because we resemble each other and all I need is a bigger me as a younger brother. you know how many times I would hypothetically have to hear about that at Thanksgiving and Christmas?
    test
  3. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^hahahah. My older brother is 6'2" as well. Anything 6 feet or above is considered tall to me.
    And no, my father is about 5'9" and my mom is what, 5'4"? lol She's short. I don't think I have a fetish with height...or maybe I do who knows. I say 5'9" for modeling issues I had in the past.
    test
  4. Gorilla Nasty

Oh, OK. So you want to be a model? I always thought that'd be cool but I'm not tall enough. Maybe something like fitness modeling where height isn't so stringent. In female modeling, the minimum is about 5'9", you're right. But they actually still prefer them in the 5'10"-5'11" range.

Speaking of which, there's this fast food joint by my house. This girl that works there is probably the prettiest girl I've ever seen. She's a little taller than me with brown hair and blue eyes with the little beauty mark on the cheek. She has one of those slender model type builds. I could tell by the way she acts (kind of intimidated) that she's probably like 16ish. I'm always wanting to tell her that she should really pursue modeling but I'm sure she'd probably be thinking "yeah right...."

You should still see what you could do RealMS. There's other avenues.
    test
  5. reciprocity

reciprocity just a baby

I don't think so.. I'm 5'6, and my boyfriend is 5'11.. I think 5'11-6ft is the perfect height.
    test
  6. badassyella

badassyella New Member

as long as hes taller than me its cool

my bf now is 6'4, im 5'5 n i love it =]
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

I can get to the bottom of all of this real quick.

Let's assume that all of these girls are reasonably attractive. It would stand to reason that they have their fair share of admirers.

So what's the shortest guy you have been seriously (meaning sexually) dating/seeing (w/e)?

Who here has seriously dated a guy shorter than them? (I bet the answer is 0)

So it would appear that most girls have some sort of "quota" that needs to be met before anything. Like not only does the guy have to be taller, but passed a certain mark. I hear a lot of "I Would....." which IMO means it'll never happen. Or else quite frankly, it already would have in most cases. Or have you never been approached/shown interest by a short guy, or were they all hideously ugly? I find both scenarios to be 99% unlikely.

Long story short, I think a lot of you are FOS.

I'm just stirring the pot, but by my perceptions (which may be wrong), I really wish you girls would keep it real. 95% of you know damn well that you wouldn't consider going out with a guy shorter than you ever. And probably like 75% of you wouldn't even consider a guy unless he was at least 3-4 inches taller (w/e your magic # is) either.

I just don't like how men are labeled as "so shallow etc." while girls tend to be just as shallow IMO, just in a more roundabout way with more words and excuses and blah blah blah.

Hats off to the very select few girls who IMO responded with complete honesty.
    test
  8. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Probably like 5'8". I'm not really sure... I don't usually ask guys their height (it's not a big deal to me), so that's just a guess. Most guys are taller than me, anyway, so it's never been an issue for me.
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

LOL, I know. I was just saying an estimation.

I do however ask girls their measurements upon meeting them in person. If they don't want to answer, I just hold them down and rip off the tags.
    test
  10. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

lol... you crazier'n hell. You know better than to ask a woman the weight/measurement question. I actually don't even know my measurements. Weird of you to ask women that.
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

I made that up tight. It was just in response to you saying "I don't usually ask guys their height". I figured that much, but that just seemed kind of smart assy. And I was like "two can play at that game".
    test
  12. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I personally don't trip off the height thing anymore. In high school, it bugged the hell out of me, and I had a serious complex with almost everything becauase of my height. I came into 9th grade at 4'8, and got to 5'4 by the time I was in 12th grade and haven't grown since. I used to complain for days about how much I hated the fact that females didn't like short men..and at first, I used to complain about the ones who were 3-4 inches taller that wouldn't date us, but after a while, I realized that I only liked shorter girls anyway...and I had a problem with these who were 5 feet but wouldn't talk to a guy who wasn't 5'8.

I really can't knock a female for what she likes, but it's really on her. From what I see...if you are really attracted to someone, but you say "I can't be with them because they are too short/fat/skinny/funny looking", then that is a problem because you're keeping yourself from being happy. However, if you aren't attracted to them at all, even after being around them, then you just aren't...and it may be superficial, but that's what it is.

The worst thing I've experienced recently was a female who loved being around me, goin out with me, and even got sexual with me....but would insist that she could never be with me ONLY because I was shorter than her. However, she ended up talkin to 5-6 dudes who were taller, but treated her wrong, didn't care about her, and didn't put it down in the bed...so I laughed at her logic.
    test
  13. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

lol you like oak trees haha
    test
  14. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

lol
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

I'll admit, I'm as superficial as the next person. I'd probably feel uncomfortable with a girl who was taller than me and so I've never dated one. My point here was that most of these girls IMO sugarcoat views and opinions/responses just to avoid being labeled superficial/shallow. See I say "no" while they say "yeah, I probably would" with "probably" being open to all kinds of interpretation.

The issue isn't what they prefer, it's that they're not completely honest about it IMO.
    test
  16. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

Ever try print? Modeling is a really good way to pay for school and you're very pretty Brenda; go for it.

Please see:
    And I'm sure that's the case for most girls since on average most women are shorter than most men on average... And note that the women who said it's not that great of an issue are on the shorter end of the spectrum.

Oh?

Damn straight it's YOUR opinion.
    test
  17. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

don't worry about it, son.

do away with the napoleon complex, son. chicks don't care as much as you think.. it's preference not a priority.
    test
  18. Gorilla Nasty

As I said earlier, I have no problem with the girls preferences. I'm just having a hard time believing that these girls (who are attracive) are mid to late twenties and have never went with a guy who was short(er) even though they say it's no issue. See I like apples but I prefer oranges. So I'm going to take an orange over an apple. But I've also eaten apples and have no problems with them.

How would I be able to say I have no problems with the taste of apples if I never eat them though I had chances to?

And please purple Haze, we don't need to go there about girls man, trust me. No Napoleon complex here bud. I'll admit that I'd like to be 2 inches taller. But in reality, everything else I got does make up for being a "midgetesque" (moron) 5'9". They might like tall, but they for sure don't like ugly. Now let that simmer and go get your panties in a bunch again.
    test
  19. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

X you are not nobody's 6'8"!

are you??

that would be super weird. and of course 6'8" dude played ball...

are you seriously that tall?? whats your number?? you're making me randy baby! LoL
    test
  20. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

lmao! it didn't used to be that way, but I had some bad experiences with short dudes.

I went out on a date with this short guy once, and I think that he really, like really, had that Short Man Complex.

Like, he drove a truck...the truck was soo effin big, that he had to use one of those little ladders to get up in the truck. He adjusted his seat so that he was sittin all high, and the entire drive, he was like challenging other guys to race him.

We're on the freeway, and he's all "oh you think you're faster than me huh?? oh yeah?? how bout now! that's right!" crazy shit.

We go back to his apartment, and the place was like - ginormous. Super tall vaulted ceilings and whatnot, with barely NO FURNITURE. like...he was really trying to overcompensate. I never called him again and since then, I've only dated UP! lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.