Short Story Contest

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Sykda, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sykda

Sykda New Member

I say we have like 5 writers write a short story...

Same scenario.. or different scenarios.. Dont matter..

But then we have them judged or something.. It can just be something for fun.. Dont even have to be completely formal.. But we would need 5 people willing... and judges who will read all the stories and judge them.. this could be over a couple of weeks or something.. i just want to put the idea out there..

ANd no prewrit shit. You have to come up with it when its assigned or w/e.. You cant have it already posted and say your oging to use that instead of rewriting a new one... Get it??

So anyone down to do that.. dont even have to be 5.. it could be 3.. Me, Forword,and whoever else writes short stories..... or something.. IDK.. I just want to do this..
    test
  2. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

yo I'll give this a try...never wrote a short story should be interesting and challenging

you gonna give us topics to write stories about or what?

nice idea you should build on it more and yeah get like 3-5 people who are serious to do this....and have us post it on christmas or something

holla when you gather more info

I'm down

LRS_UFO@Hotmail.com
    test
  3. Sykda

Sykda New Member

AIght.. yeah I was seeing if anyone watned to do it.. You and me... are the only two so far.. Yeah I will give atopic and then we will have people judge who they think was the best..

another person.. Ill wait a week...

wutthafxck67@yahoo.com
    ^^I can be reached there or on my aim
    AIM: Words of Logic
    test
  4. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

i can't write stories yet....so i can't get into this...but it'll be interesting to see how this turns out...

lmfao @ your email...
    test
  5. Sykda

Sykda New Member

It used to be my AIM name too.. But my AOL got canceled, So I had to get a new AIM...

Remember, you don't have to be good to write a short story.. Just let the shit flow off and almost guaranteed you can come creative. Go through and add description..

You should just try it out.^^
    test
  6. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

I'll do it, as long as the lead/prompt isn't too lame. haha.
    test
  7. Killafornian

Killafornian West Side Til I Die

whydafuck not?
    test
  8. Sykda

Sykda New Member

Aight... lets see.. This should be good.. 4 people..

1. Sykda
    2. UFO
    3. Anaphora
    4. Killafornian

Okay.. the topic.. Any suggestions??? Ill give some too... Heres some that are off the top of my head...

1. You Murderering a Murderer..
    2. **The lead setting is** You are at a murder scene.. Play with it a little bit.
    3. You work for a living. One day you wake up or somehow everyone dissapears.. i dont care how you make the people dissapear but they have to be gone at a point in the story. And you are trying to figure out why, how, who did it, etc...
    4. A fantasy store.. Like dragons and shit...Like my skies the limit story or something..

Those are jsut a few ideas I have.. You MUST have some dialogue in the story...
    We can either each choose an idea and not tell what you chose and just post the story with that idea and hope that noone else chose that idea.. or we can designate the short stories to one specific "topic" that we all have to write about.. And the story has to fit in ONE post.. It cant be seperated... So if you cant fit it all on one post, delete some. :)

Suggestions with teh "topic idea"?

Another Idea I had was we list a set of titles.. We choose the one we ALL have to write about.. and have to make the story fit the title...? I like that idea but we would need to all agree. or at least 3/4 agree.. heres some titles

1. Sticks, Rocks, and Dynamite
    2. Concealed
    3. Kids
    4. The Room
    5. The Wind and the Whisper
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.