SHOGUN AMAZING! New Champion!

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by ANDtheMC, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteWidow

WhiteWidow how u luv dat?

well the saying goes, and i'm sure you've heard, is that every time you get hit, your belt goes down one color.

your a black belt, you get rocked hard, your technique is now brown belt level. get rocked again, purple belt, again, blue. etc.

some people can compose themselves more than others when they are in danger like that.

yeah... i just watched the fight again. there is no doubt about it he was done right when he got dropped.

he tried to grab shoguns waste in final desperation which clearly shows he was out of it. anytime somebody does that, they are either in serious trouble and can't take anymore punishment, so they wrap their arms around them as a last resort, or they don't know what they are doing in the first place. clearly, machida was just completely rocked. if he would have escaped and composed himself after getting rocked that hard, i'd question if he was human or not
    test
  2. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

tito is lame and irrelevant now, the homo hasnt won a fight in almost 4 years

wand was shoguns former teammate in the chute boxe academy so they never fought, also one of the reasons shogun never went after the title in pride. id be intriguing to see them fight now tho since they are from different camps now
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Pretty much what I thought when I saw the end word for word.

Makes you wonder if the key to beating Machida is just hitting him one time solid-like in the face....
    test
  4. WhiteWidow

to me, watching it over and over, its pretty clear that the first one did him in. he was dropped and wasn't out, but i'm sure he wouldn't have been able to stand up. but there is no question that if that one didn't do it, the first shot on the ground was the nail in the coffin. after that, lyoto wrapped his arms around shoguns waist in a last desperate attempt to hold on for dear life.

whenever you see somebody grabbing the waist when they are mounted, they either don't know what they are doing (not the case with machida), or they got rocked hard and are desperately trying to weather the storm to avoid getting hit any more.

its on the same level as turtling up when you're taking too much damage. sitting in turtle isn't going to get you in any better a position if you just cover up, but its like trying to hold on and minimize the damage.

just my 2 cents.

but i agree- we hadn't seen machida's chin really tested like it was last night. there are some guys out there that can take that and recover fast, others who can't. machida proved himself to be the ladder.
    test
  5. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

shogun vs mousasi would be a dope match-up tbh
    test
  6. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

wand and shogun will never fight, even if both of them take over the pound for pound list.

There was a chance of them meeting up in the 2005 grand prix finals, and they said that they'd just spar if it happened. Of course Arona wet blanketed Wand so it never happened.
    test
  7. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

I think with Machida he just lacks real fight experience with being rocked. Even in a crazy sparring session they likely just back off and let him recover.
    test
  8. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

wand fights at middleweight now so they wont fight each other either way
    test
  9. WhiteWidow

absolutely
    test
  10. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I think he was talking Tito in his prime. Beating Tito now means nothing.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.